ADVERTISEMENT

The 10 worst states in 2024 for quality of life

This list is a joke. Why is everyone flooding into Texas and Tennessee? They are #1 and #6. Of course only 1, maybe 2 blue states. They berate Texas for LGBTQ and abortion rights which is less than 5% of the population.

I'm also curious if good health care is in your top 5-10 priorities for a state you live in? Not for me. I haven't been to a doctor in 5 years and I'm doing okay. Take care of yourself and it reduces the likelihood of going to a doctor.

This list is a joke. Why is everyone flooding into Texas and Tennessee? They are #1 and #6. Of course only 1, maybe 2 blue states. They berate Texas for LGBTQ and abortion rights which is less than 5% of the population.

I'm also curious if good health care is in your top 5-10 priorities for a state you live in? Not for me. I haven't been to a doctor in 5 years and I'm doing okay. Take care of yourself and it reduces the likelihood of going to a doctor.
Even people who take great care of themselves will need good health care eventually and once you do it will fly up your priority list....especially if you have to go without it when you need it most.

Quality of life plummets rather dramatically when you die unnecessarily

Anti - abortion states, am I right?

And, we look at personal freedom including reproductive rights.
Some people view things differently. And, you might want to consider that doctors will select where to live, further lowering access to health care.

Iowa with another solid ranking.

14th best for quality of life.
Most Iowans have access to health care, but in rural areas that access is shrinking. Educational metrics are trending against Iowa, too. It will be interesting to see where Iowa rates in 5 years.

They’re mostly moving to the nice Suburbs around Nashville, Austin, etc. Not the shitty rural areas. List is subjective though.

Some people view things differently. And, you might want to consider that doctors will select where to live, further lowering access to health care.
True. I'll leave this at this- there are other metrics that need to be considered when "rating" states for quality of life. I'll respond more in depth tomorrow.

True. I'll leave this at this- there are other metrics that need to be considered when "rating" states for quality of life. I'll respond more in depth tomorrow.
The article lists the criteria they used. Indiana was so low due to a lack of child care. Their parks are wonderful, I’ll give them that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT