ADVERTISEMENT

New Story One Visit, One Easy Decision For Lucy Olsen and Iowa

Adam Jacobi

HB MVP
Staff
Dec 30, 2022
First story from today's WBB practice. It's easy to see why these players gravitate toward Lucy. High energy as a person and as a player.

Lucy's a hooper. Super quick reflexes, smart decisions, sudden athleticism. It'll be fascinating to see what a few more months of practice does for this team — they don't need a whole lot to click from the freshmen to stay in the tourney hunt, but the more that does click, the better.

More on the freshmen tomorrow.

IOWA CITY — For new Iowa point guard Lucy Olsen, navigating the NCAA Transfer Portal felt like speed dating.

"Like if I'm talking to a coach," started Olsen, in a pantomime of picking multiple phones up and down. "You could just tell the difference if you're going to click with people or not."

Fortunately for everyone, one of those coaches was then-Iowa head coach Lisa Bluder, and Olsen was on her way to visit Iowa City shortly thereafter. One team dinner later, both Olsen and the Hawkeye program were sold on each other.

"I only went on one visit because I knew that these were my people here," Olsen said. "I've been on the other side of it, where we had recruits come to Villanova and it's a little awkward, sometimes you don't know what to talk to them about. But I felt like everything [at Iowa] was so smooth."

READ MORE: https://iowa.rivals.com/news/one-visit-one-easy-decision-for-lucy-olsen-and-iowa

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News