ADVERTISEMENT

The anti-shoplifter crowd will be outraged by this news...

BelemNole

HR Legend
Mar 29, 2002
A man in a wheelchair stole a toolbox from Walmart by brandishing a knife at checkout. He rolled next door to lowes where an off-duty cop caught up to him....and fired nine rounds into his back.
And the police department has the audacity to fire him! No wonder people keep stealing. Maybe it was because he was white.

Serious question...who goes to Home Depot when there's a Lowe's option?

Home depot is the gator fans of big box DIY stores.

EDIT: Nevermind: I read the OP too quickly. My question is moronic and irrelevant. I'll leave now.
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: funksouljon
The Tucson Police Department is firing one of its officers who fatally shot a man in a mobility scooter

LOL

And shouldn’t that be “on” a mobility scooter?

The Tucson Police Department is firing one of its officers who fatally shot a man in a mobility scooter

LOL

And shouldn’t that be “on” a mobility scooter?
Neither is correct, after the 9th shot he fell out. Then they cuffed him.

Reactions: MitchLL
Neither is correct, after the 9th shot he fell out. Then they cuffed him.
But when he shot him, was he in the scooter, or on the scooter?

Would love to hear what was going through the cop’s mind. He arrives and guns the guy down in a few seconds.

But when he shot him, was he in the scooter, or on the scooter?

Would love to hear what was going through the cop’s mind. He arrives and guns the guy down in a few seconds.
I'm going to guess the theme from SWAT and "It's GO TIME MUTHA ****A!!!"

Tucson attorney Mike Storie, who is representing Remington, said in a statement that his client “had no non-lethal options."

"He did have a Taser, but in his mind, he couldn’t use it because he didn’t feel he had the proper spread to deploy it, with the wheelchair between him and Richards,” Storie said.

Couldn't he just wait for the battery to die? Couldn't take more than 10 minutes. or hit him with a shopping cart?

Tucson attorney Mike Storie, who is representing Remington, said in a statement that his client “had no non-lethal options."

"He did have a Taser, but in his mind, he couldn’t use it because he didn’t feel he had the proper spread to deploy it, with the wheelchair between him and Richards,” Storie said.

Couldn't he just wait for the battery to die? Couldn't take more than 10 minutes. or hit him with a shopping cart?
Clearly it was much safer to fire towards the store. The video from inside Lowes shows that there were people in the line of fire.

His best option was definitely to fire 9 rounds in the direction of a big box store entrance.

Personally, I would have chocked the sorry thief in place with two bags of mulch.
Less paperwork.

Reactions: BelemNole
His best option was definitely to fire 9 rounds in the direction of a big box store entrance.

Personally, I would have chocked the sorry thief in place with two bags of mulch.
Less paperwork.
Probably a master power switch on the back of the unit he could have just turned off.

Oh no a man in a wheelchair with his back to you. Better fear for your life all over him. . . 9 times.

Less paperwork.
That was my thought - Couldn't he have just put his foot in front of the wheel to stop the guy from getting away?

Even if the guy had a knife, there's no way he was swinging it very quickly.

As a kid I/we always sang it as Save Big Money at My Nards.

It's brick and mortal hardware company. I think they're only in the Midwest?
Yep, only around the Midwest, and still fully privately owned. I'm guessing that's why they've never expanded nationwide despite being a direct competitor with Lowes and home Depot when in the same markets.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT