ADVERTISEMENT

The Bear on HULU

HawkOptimist

HR Heisman
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2006
Started watching it last week. Season 2, Episode 6, Fishes. Holy sh!t. I don’t think I’ve ever been as exhausted watching an episode of a show as I was after watching that. The pace of the entire episode was brilliant. Had my anxiety levels through the roof. Had a lot of Shameless qualities to it.

Anyway, great show. CSB

Started watching it last week. Season 2, Episode 6, Fishes. Holy sh!t. I don’t think I’ve ever been as exhausted watching an episode of a show as I was after watching that. The pace of the entire episode was brilliant. Had my anxiety levels through the roof. Had a lot of Shameless qualities to it.

Anyway, great show. CSB
Absolutely. Acting was incredible, and you’re right, many of the episodes are emotionally exhausting. Incredible show.

Ya that episode is one that, although incredible, I feel like I only need to see once. It really ties a lot of stuff together in that show. It explains why a lot of them are the way they are. It unfolded and explained a lot of their trauma.

Anyway, great show. CSB
That episode is brilliantly done. The claustrophobic way the camera was in the kitchen and all the timers constantly going off really punctuated the discomfort. And yes, it's exhausting. When that episode was over, I felt like I needed a shower.

The fact this gets nominated let alone wins as a comedy and It’s Always Sunny has never been nominated is criminal.

People keep recommending shows like this to me since I'm a former restaurant chef. After reading a few descriptions of this show it's like..... thank you for the recommendation, I will enjoy it while I'm curled up in on the floor in a ball of anxiety, sounds amazing.

Joking aside, it's probably an amazing show based on people's opinions, but there's no way I would be able to watch it.

People keep recommending shows like this to me since I'm a former restaurant chef. After reading a few descriptions of this show it's like..... thank you for the recommendation, I will enjoy it while I'm curled up in on the floor in a ball of anxiety, sounds amazing.

Joking aside, it's probably an amazing show based on people's opinions, but there's no way I would be able to watch it.

I was never a chef and it triggered my anxiety. Some of the mental health stuff is very well done.

That episode is brilliantly done. The claustrophobic way the camera was in the kitchen and all the timers constantly going off really punctuated the discomfort. And yes, it's exhausting. When that episode was over, I felt like I needed a shower.
I made a comment in another thread where this episode came up that i thought it was maybe the best single episode of television i have ever watched……it was incredibly uncomfortable but yet you couldn't turn away

That’s the majority opinion on the r/kitchencofidential subreddit. Sure it’s great, but they don’t need to see that shit.

Reactions: millah_22

Two of my sisters live in that general area in Chicago and one is married to a PT chef. Him and his brother run a small restaurant and food truck around his teaching schedule.
When I asked her how he likes the show, she said they can only watch 1 episode at a time, 1 per week max, and it has to be at least a few hours before bedtime lol!
It is really good, but it's also 100% manic.

never had cable tv or interwebz tv or anything like that, until this year. always had rabbit ears, abc, cbs, so on. wife talked me into getting hulu so I could watch football. first thing we discovered was " justified " upon recommendation of one of her co-workers. next thing was the bear.holy crap that is good. we also watched a few episodes of reservation dogs about the indian kids in oklahoma

That is my favorite episode of the two seasons.
really transformed that richard dude into a good guy, just by making him clean a fork.

the fishes episode: wife said it reminds her of my family a little, the mom , I was going "who is that" I look it up and jamie lee. my mom has passed away, never really cooked much, but we could have chaos in the house like that.

Such a great show. It's nice when something comes around that is still different after all this time. Doesn't happen often enough.

I was never a real chef, but was a short order cook, and I can just tap into it in the slightest way, for what the lunch rushes were like, the mania and the intensity. Sort of like how you can watch the NFL and still be reminded of some element your high school football days.

Reactions: TennNole17
Agreed. I’m starting to really like Richard’s character. The moment his ex dropped that bomb on him was heartbreaking for anyone who’s ever been in a similar situation.
Richie has a very fulfilling arc. You can tell deep down he feels like he's being left behind. You can tell he wants to be seen, heard, be useful. It's nice to see him find his place in the business.

really transformed that richard dude into a good guy, just by making him clean a fork.

the fishes episode: wife said it reminds her of my family a little, the mom , I was going "who is that" I look it up and jamie lee. my mom has passed away, never really cooked much, but we could have chaos in the house like that.
It was about finding pride and dignity in doing the little things very well. Little things lead to big things. Richie always felt doing little things was dumb, there were always bigger and more important things to do. Until he realized the little things can set you apart.

Richie has a very fulfilling arc. You can tell deep down he feels like he's being left behind. You can tell he wants to be seen, heard, be useful. It's nice to see him find his place in the business.
yes but at the same time they are setting up carmine to have a meltdown of tragic proportions, two guys headed in different directions

Reactions: millah_22
wife being from mizzou { no pics} does not get the chicago thing like I think I do. being that I'm from a town they called "little chicago" and that I was originally a bears fan before I got off on a tangent and watched the bills.

my granpa used to take me to the cubs games when I was like 9 or ten. when I go to hawkeye games, unreal how many folks going to U of I are from chi town.

Two of my sisters live in that general area in Chicago and one is married to a PT chef. Him and his brother run a small restaurant and food truck around his teaching schedule.
When I asked her how he likes the show, she said they can only watch 1 episode at a time, 1 per week max, and it has to be at least a few hours before bedtime lol!
It is really good, but it's also 100% manic.
That’s the majority opinion on the r/kitchencofidential subreddit. Sure it’s great, but they don’t need to see that shit.

Sounds like my hunch was correct ;D. I might check it out at some point, but I've currently got enough stress in my life right now.

Reactions: BelemNole
Don't follow the awards show scene but his performance certainly deserves a nomination.

never had cable tv or interwebz tv or anything like that, until this year. always had rabbit ears, abc, cbs, so on. wife talked me into getting hulu so I could watch football. first thing we discovered was " justified " upon recommendation of one of her co-workers. next thing was the bear.holy crap that is good. we also watched a few episodes of reservation dogs about the indian kids in oklahoma
Justified by a great too!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT