ADVERTISEMENT

The Book burning Hearings at the Capitol tonight are a little heated, reportedly…

I’m against banning books, but how many kids does this affect? Like most literature classes never deviate from the classics and kids that read a lot will go to the library or buy books… and let’s be real, the majority of kids don’t read for fun.

• Haha
Reactions: Tom Paris
More on the 10 o’clock news tonight, Orr Ch. 13, DSM….

An attempt for “live coverage” failed on the 6pm news and thus was tge follow up…

Nazis and hippies will compete for victimhood…

I saw that same thing on the 6PM news.

Watched at 10PM and I didn't see anything "heated".

I saw that same thing on the 6PM news.

Watched at 10PM and I didn't see anything "heated".
I didn’t either…but it appears it was a legislative “set-up” meeting and a one-sided affair. I am sure the legislature will restrict books “for the good of the kids”….of course. It worked well in 1930’s Germany…maybe we can have state wide youth movement…. “Reynolds Youth” or done such thing…it’s just so damn silly….my thinking is kids with fewest restrictions seem to move in correct direction mist of the time….It’s a waste of time… but it does serve up the red meat for the right wingers….and those looking for problems for all their answers…

I didn’t either…but it appears it was a legislative “set-up” meeting and a one-sided affair. I am sure the legislature will restrict books “for the good of the kids”….of course. It worked well in 1930’s Germany…maybe we can have state wide youth movement…. “Reynolds Youth” or done such thing…it’s just so damn silly….my thinking is kids with fewest restrictions seem to move in correct direction mist of the time….It’s a waste of time… but it does serve up the red meat for the right wingers….and those looking for problems for all their answers…

The reported graphic content does NOT belong in school libraries.

Reactions: heartlandhawk
The reported graphic content does NOT belong in school libraries.
“Graphic content” according to the complainants…
The “n” word is graphic according to these folks “to kill a mockingbird” is on their hit list…. What are these parents afraid if if their kid reads these books? Honestly, these kids aren’t hearing worse every day in their lives? Parents need to prepare their kids for tge wirld…. Not hide them from it. And now they are propagating the idea that if Book A is banned in one school, it should ge banned in school’s statewide..

The “n” word is graphic according to these folks “to kill a mockingbird” is on their hit list…. What are these parents afraid if if their kid reads these books? Honestly, these kids aren’t hearing worse every day in their lives? Parents need to prepare their kids for tge wirld…. Not hide them from it. And now they are propagating the idea that if Book A is banned in one school, it should ge banned in school’s statewide..

I see you steered clear of the graphic content.

Link to To Kill a Mockingbird being banned?

Honestly, these kids aren’t hearing worse every day in their lives?

Always hate this logic: “Because alleged bad stuff is heard over there, give up on restricting it anywhere”.

(Not in favor of GOP action here.)

What’s their problem with Lord of the Rings?
Who knows…..this dog and pony show was pretty much a rally for the book banners and their legislators. There will be a lot “of meetings” and the the few will be a committee meeting, a proposed law passed and brought to the floor of the legislature, tge new law passed and signed into law and Kim will hold another rally to celebrate “transparency”….

Who knows…..this dog and pony show was pretty much a rally for the book banners and their legislators. There will be a lot “of meetings” and the the few will be a committee meeting, a proposed law passed and brought to the floor of the legislature, tge new law passed and signed into law and Kim will hold another rally to celebrate “transparency”….
She'll then prop a bunch of know of kids behind her for one sweet photo op to celebrate all the books they won't be able to learn. Take that To Kill a Mockingbird!

Reactions: nelly02
I’m against banning books, but how many kids does this affect? Like most literature classes never deviate from the classics and kids that read a lot will go to the library or buy books… and let’s be real, the majority of kids don’t read for fun.

Do we still think the kids use the library? :)

Two terrible takes. It's not a big deal because I or my kids don't read.
They're removing some of 'the classics' as well.
Library is always very busy when I'm there.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Two terrible takes. It's not a big deal because I or my kids don't read.
They're removing some of 'the classics' as well.
Library is always very busy when I'm there.
I started out by saying I’m against it. I wonder how effective book banning really is though.

Book like Huckleberry Finn and To Kill a Mockingbird stay with you. I've read thousands of books but those stand out. Replace them with some GOP approved fluff and kids will miss out.
I agree 100%

Man, I just read the article about this. You guys are full of shit. They want smut out of schools OR AT LEAST LET PARENTS KNOW. Oh how horrible to not hide stuff from parents.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT