ADVERTISEMENT

The Democratic Party of Florida

It is likely saying far more than that.
A lot of Dixiecrats have either died off or finally switched and the people moving to The Villages are as red as a strawberry.

It’s been trending this way since the 90’s. It’s just bigger now. I use to laugh at people during the 2000 election when they didn’t understand how Liberty and other north Florida counties went so red. Liberty County is filled (I say this somewhat tongue in cheek as it’s Florida’s smallest county) with banjos.

A lot of Dixiecrats have either died off or finally switched and the people moving to The Villages are as red as a strawberry.

It’s been trending this way since the 90’s. It’s just bigger now. I use to laugh at people during the 2000 election when they didn’t understand how Liberty and other north Florida counties went so red. Liberty County is filled (I say this somewhat tongue in cheek as it’s Florida’s smallest county) with banjos.
Nearly half a million Dems disappeared in a single year. You can't explain that with death rates and The Villages.

Reactions: TC Nole OX
Nearly half a million Dems disappeared in a single year. You can't explain that with death rates and The Villages.
Yes, you can partially. The other is a coordinated effort by RPOF to target and switch voters. Florida is red. I don’t like it, but it’s red.

Vote purging is a Florida GQP BAU

Earlier - Google “Rick Scott Voter Purging”

Thanks, seemed like that was the only explanation if the numbers were accurate

Is FL in play for 2024? ‘people don't want Project 2025, they're tired of the chaos’

Reactions: Torg
Are there any statewide polls that show FL to be in play.

I haven’t looked. What NF is pointing out about Dade County is significant. The vote purging in this state by the GQP is and has been relentless for a long time. I’m not holding my breath that Kamala wins here but we can make Team Cheeto devote a lot more resources than they were planning.

Reactions: HawkNester and Torg
I haven’t looked. What NF is pointing out about Dade County is significant. The vote purging in this state by the GQP is and has been relentless for a long time. I’m not holding my breath that Kamala wins here but we can make Team Cheeto devote a lot more resources than they were planning.
Our voter rolls need purging. One of the issues is that we have so many snowbirds from NY NJ PA who register in both states and get absentee ballots. And we have so many seniors who are part timers they could go home and pass away.

NY would not share info with FL so the only way to update was to require people to confirm they were number one still alive and then if they were full time residents. That way if they lied about it they could be prosecuted.
Who thinks that some of us get two votes and others of us only get one?

Are there any statewide polls that show FL to be in play.

The most recent poll I know of dates from shortly after Biden dropped out and had Trump ahead by 7 points in Florida:

While I don't expect Harris to win Florida, I do think the talk about Florida no longer being a battleground state is overblown.

The most recent poll I know of dates from shortly after Biden dropped out and had Trump ahead by 7 points in Florida:

While I don't expect Harris to win Florida, I do think the talk about Florida no longer being a battleground state is overblown.
DeSantis carried SoFla but I doubt Trump sails ahead the way the Guv did.

I beg to differ. He was running against a former Governor who was supported with donors like John Morgan.

The Crist of 2022 was a serial-party-switching, repeated state-wide campaign losing, no-hope joke candidate. The lack of enthusiasm depressed voter turnout, allowing DeSantis to run up a huge "garbage time" margin of victory.

The Crist of 2022 was a serial-party-switching, repeated state-wide campaign losing, no-hope joke candidate. The lack of enthusiasm depressed voter turnout, allowing DeSantis to run up a huge "garbage time" margin of victory.

The only candidate who I’ve seen with less enthusiasm was Joe Biden this year. The Democratic base in Florida saw Crist as a republican. They weren’t at all motivated to vote for him. Not to mention, he was the laziest candidate I’ve ever seen. He did a few tv appearances, showed up to the debate and that was about it.

Speaking of garbage….you seem to think the Florida voter was enthused at all after realizing the garbage product Dems tried to pass off against DeSantis the first time.
By the way … is Andrew Gillum still playing around in Miami Beach hotel rooms?
Remember Gwen Graham? She would have defeated DeSantis and Florida would have been in play right now.
Instead the party is stuck with Numbskull Nikki, who according to some who were at uf when she was, has only one thing in common with our current Veep.
Maybe our Mayor here in Jax - a Democrat - can win something statewide?

Our voter rolls need purging. One of the issues is that we have so many snowbirds from NY NJ PA who register in both states and get absentee ballots. And we have so many seniors who are part timers they could go home and pass away.

NY would not share info with FL so the only way to update was to require people to confirm they were number one still alive and then if they were full time residents. That way if they lied about it they could be prosecuted.
Who thinks that some of us get two votes and others of us only get one?
Effectively that's what we have with the Senate. A voter from Wyoming wields 67× the political power as a voter from California.

Reactions: blhawk
Nikki Fried? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I continue to be baffled by your absolute disdain for Fried. I have a few good friends who have served in high positions that had them working with, against, and alongside her; all are hardcore, right wing Republicans. They disagree with her politically, but none have ever indicated any bad feelings toward her and all seem to think she is an intelligent adversary. They don't hate her, just disagree with her policy-wise.

I continue to be baffled by your absolute disdain for Fried. I have a few good friends who have served in high positions that had them working with, against, and alongside her; all are hardcore, right wing Republicans. They disagree with her politically, but none have ever indicated any bad feelings toward her and all seem to think she is an intelligent adversary. They don't hate her, just disagree with her policy-wise.

Her father is in my fraternity and is very MAGA. I’ve never met him but am FB friends with him. He was an undergraduate around the time I was born. He is very well liked and by all accounts a very good guy. Nikki seems to be genuine person too.

The voter purging is probably too much to overcome but I like the momentum. At the very least, the GQP will be forced to spend a lot more resources here

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT