ADVERTISEMENT

The die is cast.

Iron Doc

HR MVP
Nov 5, 2005
Spoken by Julius Caesar after crossing the Rubicon river, that saying appropriately sums up our FB status quo.
Hiring Lester, a yes man with an undistinguished record is par for the course for The Capt.
I anticipate more of the SOS offensive ineptitude as The Capt's prehistoric offense will continue essentially unabated.
The best case scenario would have been seeing The Capt ride off into the sunset.
Unfortunately, Barta, the gift that keeps on giving, made helping The Capt's exit too expensive.

Spoken by Julius Caesar after crossing the Rubicon river, that saying appropriately sums up our FB status quo.
Hiring Lester, a yes man with an undistinguished record is par for the course for The Capt.
I anticipate more of the SOS offensive ineptitude as The Capt's prehistoric offense will continue essentially unabated.
The best case scenario would have been seeing The Capt ride off into the sunset.
Unfortunately, Barta, the gift that keeps on giving, made helping The Capt's exit too expensive.
I thought budmayr was getting the OC spot

How is Lester a ‘yes man’?

I thought budmayr was getting the OC spot
Nope, just the WR coach job.

I personally will give Lester a chance. The more I think about it, regardless of who the OC is, I don't think the offense will look all that different. But we have enough talent where I would hope we could get at least within the top 100 of total offense. We will see I guess.

I personally will give Lester a chance. The more I think about it, regardless of who the OC is, I don't think the offense will look all that different. But we have enough talent where I would hope we could get at least within the top 100 of total offense. We will see I guess.
We are so, SO sorry offensively. This is sad.

• Sad
Reactions: Iron Doc

It is going to look different. Lester has stated on film he loves to run out of the pistol. RPO will be implimented. It may take time, but this will be absolutely orienting toward the spread offense.

How in the world can you describe a former 11,000 yard passer and G5 head coach as an undistinguished yes man? That is completely ridiculous.

Your KF butt hurt is bleeding over to those who don't deserve such distain.

It really would have made no difference who had been hired you still would have found it to be negative. Just a question for you. Which division one football coaches have done more with 2 and 3 star recruits over the last 20 plus years?

Reactions: Hawktagonapus
Post #25:

What's done is done.
Nothing we can do about it.
Not optimistic for the 2024 season.
I guess the chips will fall where they may.

But you disparaged Lester first. I just don't think that is fair to him. Shit, he hasn't even been announced or introduced yet.

KF is fair game, I guess, after 25 years.

That's it.

We have decades of evidence that Kirk will not adjust the offense outside a week or two each season.

That never happened in 2023 cause our talent level and scheme were so freaking bad we couldn’t score on any designed play.

Seriously, you could go back every season and point to a game where we’d all get our hopes up and say “Wow, where was this production before ??? Looks like the coaches and players have figured something out!”

Only to have the team revert to the crap performances the following week.

Examples: Iowa always plays vanilla in the OOC. We save our real playbook for Big10

Remember OSU 2017!!! 55 points!! USC 2019!!! UM 2002!!!!

No matter who comes in as OC, Kirk is going to neuter them. We may see some of Lester’s fingerprints on plays, but they’ll be negated by Kirk’s insistence on running into 10 man fronts the next play.

It happened with GDGD in trying to mix the zone running game with his complex WR route tree to the sideline

Brian brought back some counter traps, jet sweeps, and our favorite empty backfield with an immobile QB

Our best hope is that Lester can reach GDGD levels of offense efficiency in the next two years.

MAYBE reach KOK levels if there’s a change in offense recruiting

We have decades of evidence that Kirk will not adjust the offense outside a week or two each season.

That never happened in 2023 cause our talent level and scheme were so freaking bad we couldn’t score on any designed play.

Seriously, you could go back every season and point to a game where we’d all get our hopes up and say “Wow, where was this production before ??? Looks like the coaches and players have figured something out!”

Only to have the team revert to the crap performances the following week.

Examples: Iowa always plays vanilla in the OOC. We save our real playbook for Big10

Remember OSU 2017!!! 55 points!! USC 2019!!! UM 2002!!!!

No matter who comes in as OC, Kirk is going to neuter them. We may see some of Lester’s fingerprints on plays, but they’ll be negated by Kirk’s insistence on running into 10 man fronts the next play.

It happened with GDGD in trying to mix the zone running game with his complex WR route tree to the sideline

Brian brought back some counter traps, jet sweeps, and our favorite empty backfield with an immobile QB

Our best hope is that Lester can reach GDGD levels of offense efficiency in the next two years.

MAYBE reach KOK levels if there’s a change in offense recruiting
Kermit The Frog Reaction GIF by Muppet Wiki

Willing to be controlled by The Capt.
Something no worthwhile OC would allow.
OC's are run by the head coach, always. Show me a program where the head coach is butting heads with their OC on a consistent basis. It doesn't happen. Maybe a play, maybe a series, maybe a game but not over time. Try harder

Lester being the yes man in that he wouldnt push for modernization The Capt obviously fears like the plague.
Once again you are just spewing shite. Not surprising. You have never had a positive word about the Hawks or Kirk. I seriously doubt you are a Hawk fan. Probably a Clone who hates being second fiddle to the Hawks.

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
Not blaming everyone else, just The Capt for being a fossil.
The crazy thing is, even with his faults, the past 6 years are one of the best runs in Iowa Football history. I can only find one other 6-year period where Iowa finished AP top 25 at least 5 times - and that was Hayden in the mid-80s. And those were Hayden's prime years with his all-star coaching staff - not toward the end of his career.

The best Evy did was 4/6. (of course his were top-5 finishes)

Reactions: Rocket_Fran
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT