ADVERTISEMENT

The die is cast.

The crazy thing is, even with his faults, the past 6 years are one of the best runs in Iowa Football history. I can only find one other 6-year period where Iowa finished AP top 25 at least 5 times - and that was Hayden in the mid-80s. And those were Hayden's prime years with his all-star coaching staff - not toward the end of his career.

The best Evy did was 4/6. (of course his were top-5 finishes)
Also one of the most boring and frustrating 6 year runs in my lifetime.

Also one of the most boring and frustrating 6 year runs in my lifetime.
Would you prefer the fast-paced excitement of Fran's basketball? I'm more worried about wins myself. And as much as I hate watching this offense - I realize we are very fortunate. I mean, look at our record against our main rivals the past 6 years (Min, Wis, Neb, & ISU).

Spoken by Julius Caesar after crossing the Rubicon river, that saying appropriately sums up our FB status quo.
Hiring Lester, a yes man with an undistinguished record is par for the course for The Capt.
I anticipate more of the SOS offensive ineptitude as The Capt's prehistoric offense will continue essentially unabated.
The best case scenario would have been seeing The Capt ride off into the sunset.
Unfortunately, Barta, the gift that keeps on giving, made helping The Capt's exit too expensive.
I highly doubt your ability to predict who will be a good OC. Lets wait and see how he does.

Spoken by Julius Caesar after crossing the Rubicon river, that saying appropriately sums up our FB status quo.
Hiring Lester, a yes man with an undistinguished record is par for the course for The Capt.
I anticipate more of the SOS offensive ineptitude as The Capt's prehistoric offense will continue essentially unabated.
The best case scenario would have been seeing The Capt ride off into the sunset.
Unfortunately, Barta, the gift that keeps on giving, made helping The Capt's exit too expensive.

I’d think you’d like that he is a yes man, being you are as well.

Beyond $, what are all of resources Iowa has to pull in a top notch OC?

QB room? WR room? OL room?

I'll keep the jury out on Lester.

Yea no shit….i mean some of these guys are pretty full of themselves. And they accuse others of the same, yet we aren’t making snap judgements about someone on a message board…

Reactions: Hendy hawk
I looked at replays of Lester’s offense on you tube and thought his team at western was a lot like Northwestern ‘s offense, if he runs the Iowa offense the same way it will be very different than I have seen at Iowa for sometime. I liked the way the tight ends are used in his scheme. The qback selection will be the key. He will need to be mobile and able to see key defensive moves. Just my thoughts,

Reactions: Hawk_4shur
you would rather run a wide open offense without the players to do it and lose? as long as you see it as entertaining. personally for me it’s all about winning.
100%. I've said this on the basketball forums, that I would gladly take Wisconsin's style of play if we could get the results they had under Bo Ryan. Style of play be damned. Bring the W's.

Would you prefer the fast-paced excitement of Fran's basketball? I'm more worried about wins myself. And as much as I hate watching this offense - I realize we are very fortunate. I mean, look at our record against our main rivals the past 6 years (Min, Wis, Neb, & ISU).
If it produced the same results?? Absolutely

We keep acting like scoring more points would somehow mean our defense sucks.

So all things somewhat equal, i would take more exciting football with the same results.

I would also take more exciting football and less wins if that’s the way the cookie crumbles.

Iowa football is about the same as basketball. Outside of the Big10 tourney win a few years ago, the basketball team has also squandered talent with nothing in the big dance to show for it.

Football has not beaten anyone of importance when it counts since what, USC 2019 ???

Give football team credit for getting wins in the most non traditional sense possible (no offense) and getting to conference championships…..but the team has been embarrassed over and over.

Reactions: Bierhalter
you would rather run a wide open offense without the players to do it and lose? as long as you see it as entertaining. personally for me it’s all about winning.

My personal hope is we lose 15 straight games….
58 to 45, I can’t wait to hear what they say😂

• Wow
Reactions: Hendy hawk
If it produced the same results?? Absolutely

We keep acting like scoring more points would somehow mean our defense sucks.

So all things somewhat equal, i would take more exciting football with the same results.

I would also take more exciting football and less wins if that’s the way the cookie crumbles.

Iowa football is about the same as basketball. Outside of the Big10 tourney win a few years ago, the basketball team has also squandered talent with nothing in the big dance to show for it.

Football has not beaten anyone of importance when it counts since what, USC 2019 ???

Give football team credit for getting wins in the most non traditional sense possible (no offense) and getting to conference championships…..but the team has been embarrassed over and over.
This. It's hilarious that so many assume our D and ST will go to shit if we field a competent offense. What is the basis for this argument?

Let me guess? Budmayr is the one pulling the strings…or is it Bud and Mary Nelson?

Open your eyes, sheeple! The deep state is running this offense!!!!!!!
This is the only possible explanation. We need to go glue all of the doors at the stadium shut or something to protest.

Not blaming everyone else, just The Capt for being a fossil.
At least we don’t have to hear your Budmayr to OC drivel anymore. That in itself is a positive.
I’m not thrilled with Lester either if only it could have literally not be worse than BF. That’s the saddest part of this whole thing is there literally is no way it could be worse..

Reactions: cmhawks99
My personal hope is we lose 15 straight games….
58 to 45, I can’t wait to hear what they say😂
The mental gymnastics you guys go through to justify liking Kirk's offense is pretty funny. Iowa isn't winning because of their offense. they are winning in spite of their offense because of a great defense. Why you and many others can't see that is baffling.

LOL at you thinking Phil is giving up 58 points.

Last edited:
The mental gymnastics you guys go through to justify liking Kirk's offense is pretty funny. Iowa isn't winning because of their offense. they are winning in spite of their offense because of a great defense. Why you and many others can't see that is baffling.

I’ll make you a deal….I posted my name and where I live, so you do have a decent idea I won’t hide or go back on my word….

If you can find anywhere, that I have even come close to saying I like Brian F or the offense, I will never, ever post here again….

And if you can’t find it, you’ll tell me….

“Sorry, I guess what’s really funny is, I made a dumb ass assumption about you that I shouldn’t have…”

I’ll stick around….have @EvilMonkeyInTheCloset help you. He is pretty talented at digging up old info in an effort to call someone out…

And you know Evil I’m giving you kudos not calling you out…

And @SI_NYC i will be reminding you what you said

Wow….don’t see the Phil part. My Lord a mighty do you have a difficult time projecting…..

If Kirk F leaves and/or gets chased off, Phil Parker ain’t going to be here buddy boy…

Seriously, do better….

I’ll make you a deal….I posted my name and where I live, so you do have a decent idea I won’t hide or go back on my word….

If you can find anywhere, that I have even come close to saying I like Brian F or the offense, I will never, ever post here again….

And if you can’t find it, you’ll tell me….

“Sorry, I guess what’s really funny is, I made a dumb ass assumption about you that I shouldn’t have…”

I’ll stick around….have @EvilMonkeyInTheCloset help you. He is pretty talented at digging up old info in an effort to call someone out…

And you know Evil I’m giving you kudos not calling you out…

And @SI_NYC i will be reminding you what you said
Relax. It's a message board.

You act like you can only win with a nonexistent offense. That's a BS rationalization.
you act like I actually said anything about our”nonexistent” offense. I said based on our players My choice would he winning. It would be you who is rationalizing.

you act like I actually said anything about our”nonexistent” offense. I said based on our players My choice would he winning. It would be you who is rationalizing.

He basically admitted he was clueless when he said…”relax it’s a message board”

Which means; oh I guess I was wrong, no big deal…

Right @SI_NYC 😂😂😂

Last edited:
I looked at replays of Lester’s offense on you tube and thought his team at western was a lot like Northwestern ‘s offense, if he runs the Iowa offense the same way it will be very different than I have seen at Iowa for sometime. I liked the way the tight ends are used in his scheme. The qback selection will be the key. He will need to be mobile and able to see key defensive moves. Just my thoughts,
This post is like a breath of fresh air.

I just hope he has some QB's to pick from this spring. An "average QB" would do wonders for the offense.

Well, this thread died out quickly!
Figured 10 pages minimum.
Probably due to it being posted in the middle of rasslin' season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT