HR King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
A-Listers: Walker, Rubio, and Bush.
Insurgents: Cruz and Paul
Dark Horses: Kasich, Christie, and Perry
Publicity Seekers: Santorum, Huckabee, Trump, Bolton, King, and Carson
Job Seekers: Jindal, Fiorina, Rob Ehrlich, Pataki
No Hopers: Graham, Jim Gilmore, and Dennis Michael Lynch.

Interesting take from a respected source of the news. Interesting that they conclude Carson is in it purely to sell books and gain publicity. And, though Fiorina may be seeking a cabinet post, I think she may be running in 2016 to build a campaign base to attempt another Senate run in California when Feinstein's seat comes up. I would drop Christie out all together. He is too tainted. Bridgegate is in the news again with charges being filed and people pointing fingers at each other. Plus, Christie has publicly stated that the retirement age should be raised and benefits for Social Security should be means based. Jindal cannot run for Governor of Louisiana again, and he is slouching in the polls anyway. Louisiana's budget is a mess. A cabinet post may be his lifeline. I think the Economist over appreciates Walker.
If Kasich stays out, or never gains traction the Republican primary winner would be well served to tap him as their VP choice. He is that rare combination of competence and experience in the Republican Party.

Please, anyone but Jeb. No more Clinton's and Bush's. Enough. I'd also hope the GOP didn't go with Christie as he's too much a hothead. Honestly, I'm not worried about him winning and he may siphon off the some of the moderate vote from Jeb, which is a good thing. I would love any of Walker, Rubio, Cruz, Paul, Jindal, or Kasich. Rubio probably would make the strongest candidate in a national election. There's no better public speaker in the GOP, he's smart, would guarantee Fla for the GOP, and he's Hispanic, so he'd put into play several states (NM, Col, Nev, Fla, and probably others) for the GOP.

This is the strongest field the GOP has put together in several elections. Practically any of these candidates would be stronger candidates than McCain or Romney. The Dems have went "all-in" with Hillary, so their bench is incredibly weak. It's Hillary, do or die. They have no other contenders. If she falters the Dems are screwed.

Please, anyone but Jeb. No more Clinton's and Bush's. Enough. I'd also hope the GOP didn't go with Christie as he's too much a hothead. Honestly, I'm not worried about him winning and he may siphon off the some of the moderate vote from Jeb, which is a good thing. I would love any of Walker, Rubio, Cruz, Paul, Jindal, or Kasich. Rubio probably would make the strongest candidate in a national election. There's no better public speaker in the GOP, he's smart, would guarantee Fla for the GOP, and he's Hispanic, so he'd put into play several states (NM, Col, Nev, Fla, and probably others) for the GOP.

This is the strongest field the GOP has put together in several elections. Practically any of these candidates would be stronger candidates than McCain or Romney. The Dems have went "all-in" with Hillary, so their bench is incredibly weak. It's Hillary, do or die. They have no other contenders. If she falters the Dems are screwed.
I'd be okay with Rand Paul, just none of the ultra right wing social conservatives.

LOL at Rubio and Walker listed as "A-listers."

Two of the lightest lightweights that I've ever seen.

A-Listers: Walker, Rubio, and Bush.
Insurgents: Cruz and Paul
Dark Horses: Kasich, Christie, and Perry
Publicity Seekers: Santorum, Huckabee, Trump, Bolton, King, and Carson
Job Seekers: Jindal, Fiorina, Rob Ehrlich, Pataki
No Hopers: Graham, Jim Gilmore, and Dennis Michael Lynch.

I think they have framed this correctly, but I am a little confused. It appears that they are arranged politically and not according to their firmness in understanding of Economics. Otherwise, Kasich, Santorum, and perhaps Jindal would be a bit higher.

I do have a real problem with the framework that seems to be emerging for this election. Everyone seems to be keeping a tally of "points," which appear to be awarded according to gender, minority status, and the ability to deliver a state.

I was hoping that a magazine called "The Economist" would deliver a list built around identification of those who would be best for our economy.

... and for the record, I think Jeb would finish in the top one or two in such a ranking.

What happened to my reply? One line showed up. Can I scroll it someway or recreate it in some manner outside of the window?

Oh well ... here is my copy-and-paste.

I think they have framed this correctly, but I am a little confused. It appears that they are arranged politically and not according to their firmness in understanding of Economics. Otherwise, Kasich, Santorum, and perhaps Jindal would be a bit higher.

I do have a real problem with the framework that seems to be emerging for this election. Everyone seems to be keeping a tally of "points," which appear to be awarded according to gender, minority status, and the ability to deliver a state.

I was hoping that a magazine called "The Economist" would deliver a list built around identification of those who would be best for our economy.

... and for the record, I think Jeb would finish in the top one or two in such a ranking.

Last edited:
LOL at Rubio and Walker listed as "A-listers."

Two of the lightest lightweights that I've ever seen.
Yet the Dems have poured in all kinds of money from outside sources, and couldn't beat the lightweight Walker in 3 elections. In a blue state no less. Yes, that's truly LOL.

Name the stronger GOP field(s).

You Dems are so cute when you get excited.

I would call Romney a far better candidate than any of the idiots that you currently have running.

I bet he and McCain both end up finishing a lot closer than whoever gets the token nomination this time.

Yet the Dems have poured in all kinds of money from outside sources, and couldn't beat the lightweight Walker in 3 elections. In a blue state no less. Yes, that's truly LOL.

You mean he won 3 elections in a small Midwestern state?

He is clearly one of the most accomplished politicians in a generation.

You probably think that Braindead is one of the greatest political minds in history.

I would call Romney a far better candidate than any of the idiots that you currently have running.

I bet he and McCain both end up finishing a lot closer than whoever gets the token nomination this time.
That's one person, that's not a field of candidates. Besides, give me a break. The guy who made the stupid 47% comment is stronger than these guys? Please. Romney and McCain would be considered the C team in this field.

Oh, and I'd be more than happy to make a wager with you that the GOP candidate will get more electoral votes than McCain or Romney got. They might not win (although I'm feeling good about their chances), but they won't do worse. I should clarify that comment. If the candidate is Jeb or Christie they could do as bad. However, I don't see either of those guys winning the GOP nomination. It will most likely be Walker or Rubio, with a chance for Cruz or Paul.

You mean he won 3 elections in a small Midwestern state?

He is clearly one of the most accomplished politicians in a generation.

You probably think that Braindead is one of the greatest political minds in history.
Yes, I said he was the most "accomplished politicians in a generation". Nice try. You probably think Hillary fits that description. The Dems did everything they could to beat Walker and they couldn't do it. A blue state, union backing, outside money flowing in. They couldn't do it. Yet, a woman who won ONE election in the bluest of states, has more scandals associated with her than Dick Nixon, and the GOP is supposed to be scared. Ok, and you probably are scared of your shadow.

It would not surprise me to see Walker as the Presidential
candidate and Rubio as the V.P. candidate for 2016.

Guys like Huckabee, Santorium, Perry ran last time and
got no traction. Jeb Bush has a problem with his last name.
Cruz, Paul, will entertain people in the debates. The rest of
them are merely pretenders.

They will all lose so who cares??
Maybe. "He will lose" is also what they said about Reagan. How did that work out for the Dems? If the Dems weren't running such a scandal plagued candidate I think their chances would be much stronger. Hillary is a bad candidate.

I don't think Rubio guarantees Florida in a high turnout year, which is usually what happens in a Presidential election.
Also, I don't think Rubio guarantees a positive Hispanic vote in the states you listed. Rubio is of Cuban descent, and they have been treated very differently than immigrants with other Hispanic roots. Put simply Cubans have been given preferential treatment, and that has created a lot of resentment. Even in Florida the Cuban influence is slowly waning as more and more Central American immigrants move into Florida.

That's one person, that's not a field of candidates. Besides, give me a break. The guy who made the stupid 47% comment is stronger than these guys? Please. Romney and McCain would be considered the C team in this field.

So making one stupid comment that you never expected anyone outside of a roomful of people to ever hear now makes you a "C" candidate?

How about Walker's inability to say whether or not he believes in evolution during a public appearance in London, causing him to get laughed off the stage?

How about Rubio looking like the world's biggest idiot by interrupting a nationally televised address to take a sip of water during the biggest political moment of is life?

Those should both be F- territory by your standards.

I'm not arguing Fla would be a lock, but as close as the GOP would get with any other candidate. You are splitting hairs on the Cuban thing. Don't believe me then listen to what the Hispanic TV and commentators are saying. Rubio wouldn't be running against a candidate of Mexican descent. He (and Cruz) are being touted on the Hispanic news media as the first Hispanic candidates for national office. You're naive if you don't think Rubio wouldn't get a lot of Hispanics that would normally go Dem. Not to mention the huge number of Cubans who live in Fla who would come out in droves and vote 90% for Rubio. Would Fla be a slam dunk for Rubio? No, but it would be as close to a slam dunk as possible. Even the Dem commentators are saying Fla goes red if Rubio is the nominee.

Basically you are making the same erroneous argument the GOP made with Obama. Some GOP folks argued if Obama won the nomination the GOP would win Hispanic votes because blacks and Hispanics hate each other, especially the perception in the Hispanic community that blacks are paid more attention to. That there has been resentment in the HIspanic community towards blacks. It didn't work out that way. Why? Because Obama was still a minority and the Hispanics still rallied around a minority over "the privileged white candidate". The same will be true with Hispanics voting for Rubio. It isn't going to matter one iota that he's Cuban. He's still the first Hispanic with the chance to become president. This is especially true when we are talking about a home town boy, and it's not like Fla is a blue state. Even Obama, who won nationally by 7%, only won by 3% against McCain. Obama beat Romney by 4% nationally but won by less than 1% in Fla. In other words, the Dems can afford to bleed ANY votes in Fla and win Fla. Rubio will almost certainly carry Fla. We aren't talking about NY or Cal, it's Fla.

So making one stupid comment that you never expected anyone outside of a roomful of people to ever hear now makes you a "C" candidate?

How about Walker's inability to say whether or not he believes in evolution during a public appearance in London, causing him to get laughed off the stage?

How about Rubio looking like the world's biggest idiot by interrupting a nationally televised address to take a sip of water during the biggest political moment of is life?

Those should both be F- territory by your standards.
What bill is before Congress, the WH, that has to do with evolution? Exactly wtf does that issue have anything to do with being President? Good grief, man, stick to the real issues.

How about Hillary shredding emails or taking $500K a speech while she's Sec of State. I can understand why you want to focus on irrelevant issues. If I had to support Hillary I'd be doing the same since her greatest accomplishment as a public figure was being married to Bill. She was a nothing Senator, a terrible Sec of State, one of our most crooked public figures. I wouldn't want to defend her record, it's a tough assignment on your part. So, lets' focus on an answer about evolution and taking a sip of water. You are a proud member, maybe even a senior member, of the useful idiots club.

What bill is before Congress, the WH, that has to do with evolution? Exactly wtf does that issue have anything to do with being President? Good grief, man, stick to the real issues.

How about Hillary shredding emails or taking $500K a speech while she's Sec of State. I can understand why you want to focus on irrelevant issues. If I had to support Hillary I'd be doing the same since her greatest accomplishment as a public figure was being married to Bill. She was a nothing Senator, a terrible Sec of State, one of our most crooked public figures. I wouldn't want to defend her record, it's a tough assignment on your part. So, lets' focus on an answer about evolution and taking a sip of water. You are a proud member, maybe even a senior member, of the useful idiots club.
Regarding the evolution comment, it makes him look stupid and out of touch with reality; ie. ignorant of current scientific research. Not too unlike the people who think legalization of same-sex marriage will somehow lead to the demise of society as we know it.

If Rubio runs on the Republican platform filled with harsh words and no pathway to citizenship then he won't do well with Hispanics. The average Hispanic voter knows that they and their predecessors had it a lot harder than Cubans who benefited from the "feet wet", policy.

Reactions: naturalmwa
It does not matter how many candidates there are, Republicans always nominate the candidate you would expect. Never is there a surprise. It will be another Bush.

Regarding the evolution comment, it makes him look stupid and out of touch with reality; ie. ignorant of current scientific research. Not too unlike the people who think legalization of same-sex marriage will somehow lead to the demise of society as we know it.
No, it doesn't. It's just a dog whistle question for you clowns. He didn't say he was against evolution, only it's not a relevant question on the national level. If he's running for school board, sure, legit question. Good gravy, "ignorant of scientific research". You mean like the quacks on the left who believe in healing crystals (the Dems ninnies are including these non-scientific medicines as covered under the state plans for ACA. I love how you guys get to pick and choose what's "scientific". How about the anti-vaccine non-science that's coming from people on the left? The real anti-science nonsense is coming from the left.

Jon Huntsman 2016
Huntsman was literally a pos. The guy is responsible for spreading the Herman Cain rumors, but even worse was what he did to Mitch Daniels, bringing up sh*t about his wife. He's a despicable person who should never hold public office.

He couldn't get elected to city dog catcher outside of Utah. It's not surprising you would consider this horrible human being a quality candidate. You probably thought Nixon was an ethical guy too.

Huntsman was literally a pos. The guy is responsible for spreading the Herman Cain rumors, but even worse was what he did to Mitch Daniels, bringing up sh*t about his wife. He's a despicable person who should never hold public office.

He couldn't get elected to city dog catcher outside of Utah. It's not surprising you would consider this horrible human being a quality candidate. You probably thought Nixon was an ethical guy too.
At least he's not some ultra right wing social nut bag.
You're a pitiful person.

If Rubio runs on the Republican platform filled with harsh words and no pathway to citizenship then he won't do well with Hispanics. The average Hispanic voter knows that they and their predecessors had it a lot harder than Cubans who benefited from the "feet wet", policy.
Pathway to citizenship ranks down the list on important issues to Hispanics. I know Rep Luis Gutierrez thinks open borders are the most important issue to Hispanics but he's a loon. Again, don't take my word listen to the media people from the Hispanic channels. Can't remember the anchor's name, but he is a Dem, supports pro immigration, and he speaks excitedly about a Rubio and Cruz being contenders for the WH. You are naive if you don't think this is a plus for Rubio. BTW, I'm not saying a majority of Hispanics are going to vote for Rubio. They don't need to. Just siphon off enough, or get a percentage around what W got and it's trouble in River City for the Dems. Blacks aren't going to vote in the same number for Hillary as they did Obama. She's an old hag. She looks old and tired, a poor contrast to a young, good looking Rubio (kind of like the contrast between McCain and Obama).

At least he's not some ultra right wing social nut bag.
You're a pitiful person.
Coming from you that's quite a compliment. Why don't you google Huntsman and Mitch Daniel's. The man is lower than pond scum. Oh, and Mitch Daniel's is hardly some "ultra right wing social nut bag". In fact, Daniels was criticized by the social conservatives for some comments he made about them. I'm not a Daniels supporter, but what Huntsman and his campaign did was pure sleaze.

No, it doesn't. It's just a dog whistle question for you clowns. He didn't say he was against evolution, only it's not a relevant question on the national level. If he's running for school board, sure, legit question. Good gravy, "ignorant of scientific research". You mean like the quacks on the left who believe in healing crystals (the Dems ninnies are including these non-scientific medicines as covered under the state plans for ACA. I love how you guys get to pick and choose what's "scientific". How about the anti-vaccine non-science that's coming from people on the left? The real anti-science nonsense is coming from the left.
Really? Healing crystals are in the ACA? And anti vacers are on the right in great numbers, large enough that you POTUS candidates are supporting it.

Coming from you that's quite a compliment. Why don't you google Huntsman and Mitch Daniel's. The man is lower than pond scum. Oh, and Mitch Daniel's is hardly some "ultra right wing social nut bag". In fact, Daniels was criticized by the social conservatives for some comments he made about them. I'm not a Daniels supporter, but what Huntsman and his campaign did was pure sleaze.
Sleazy campaigns are so common they hardly raise an eyebrow.
The other person I like is Gary Johnson.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT