ADVERTISEMENT

The Fourth Estate has failed us

Mainly because it has transformed into entertainment politics and disinformation platforms that shape viewers / readers reality vs simply reporting the true news.

Not sure how you unwind this.
This is what happens when legacy media is owned and controlled by private equity and other vultures.

I've always lived the Dave Ramsey way. The only debt I carry is a mortgage.

1-of-these-things-is-not-like-the-other

Food and housing, i.e. the two things you need to live, have seen increases that exceeded inflation, while wages haven't kept pace with inflation. 99% of the population can't define recession, but these two expenses have them saying nah, pass on this economy

The democrats changed the definition of recession and now can't understand why people are calling what looks and feels like a recession a recession.
We are not in a recession by any definition. The vast majority of people are economically illiterate. People do understand the personal effects of consumer inflation, and equate that with a recession.

It's not about the media as much as it's about politicians causing the problem, then gaslightling the American people. The media is complicit by not calling out the lies when they happen.

Just want to note that these two posts back-to-back are fantastic.

Also, there remains A LOT of cash sitting on the sidelines, where that money is invested/spent may just be decided over the next 6 months. One common theme in real estate development is, "survive until '25."

Reactions: goldmom
Um, yes.

Did you see the Q1 GDP number?
Have you noticed the CPI number since 2021?
How about credit card debt?

GDP growth of 1.6% is not a sign of a worsening economy. It’s a sign of an economy growing slower. Slower growth is growth. To me, a worsening economy is one that isnt growing.

While we're not in a recession, one of the things people sorta feel and notice is $4/gallon gas. They especially notice it around the traditional summer holidays.
While I get that, if it's not a recession then don't label it a recession. If you have an infected wound, you don't label it cancer because the treatment is different, and certainly your outlook on life is different.

While I get that, if it's not a recession then don't label it a recession. If you have an infected wound, you don't label it cancer because the treatment is different, and certainly your outlook on life is different.
Meh. I mean, sure, as a lawyer, I'm a fan of precision and accuracy in language. But also as a lawyer, I learned long ago not to expect that from nonlawyers, particularly journalists.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT