ADVERTISEMENT

The House That Tom Built…

Not many wrestling rooms have windows.
I was thinking the same thing but I'm wondering if OP is just being facetious. Windows notwithstanding this facility better bring in the recruits because now the university is tied to CHA forever and some of us who are also basketball fans were hoping for a new arena someday.

Last edited:
https://www.instagram.com/p/C5RBvVHu6ts/?igsh=MXY1M2xybzZsMDhtaA==

Guys…. GUYS….

please tell me I’m wrong. Please tell me this isn’t real. Did we really just spend $30 MILLION on a gottam warehouse?!

No windows?! Our new, state of the art facility is a part of the prison industrial complex?!

Before I say bad things - did I miss them?!

Here is a rendering of what it would look like facing the opposite direction:

wrestling3.jpg

if you look at the rendering of ISU's and Iowas which one do you guys think is better???

Man. Honestly. I don't want to! But seriously. $30 million dollars and no windows seems a bit archaic. Not saying anything mean, i'm just in shock IF what I'm seeing is right.

Please feel free to tell me I'm wrong (I hope i am).
I’m pi$$ed that they don’t seem to have cameras mounted in practice room. Kids want live streams these days!

I love the facility as it is. No windows is not a big thing. When the guys are in the room Tom will want them focused (no distractions) and no wierd fans staring through the glass. If the guys wanna see daylight they can do so when practice is over and they leave the facility... The new facility has been designed for hard work and mental focus, not for looks and easy access for others to see how they train...

I love the facility as it is. No windows is not a big thing. When the guys are in the room Tom will want them focused (no distractions) and no wierd fans staring through the glass. If the guys wanna see daylight they can do so when practice is over and they leave the facility... The new facility has been designed for hard work and mental focus, not for looks and easy access for others to see how they train...
Maybe I am old fashioned, but I always thought wrestling rooms with windows were a big distraction. Looking outside when you are cutting or busting your butt just changes the focus of what has to be done. Plus, it always felt nice to feel like you were in your own little world and forget about everything going on outside.

I’ve toured through it a couple times now. Last time was maybe 4-5 weeks ago before mats or weights or anything was in there. Looking at the Instagram pictures they posted gives off a being inside the Death Star type vibe. I will say just adding a few things here and there can drastically change the look of the place.

I’ve toured through it a couple times now. Last time was maybe 4-5 weeks ago before mats or weights or anything was in there. Looking at the Instagram pictures they posted gives off a being inside the Death Star type vibe. I will say just adding a few things here and there can drastically change the look of the place.
Agreed. The concrete walls do make it look a little bleak, but pictures only do it so much justice I imagine.

Reactions: tiltman
Maybe I am old fashioned, but I always thought wrestling rooms with windows were a big distraction. Looking outside when you are cutting or busting your butt just changes the focus of what has to be done. Plus, it always felt nice to feel like you were in your own little world and forget about everything going on outside.
No window no opportunity for escape. Brands playing 4D chess.

Here is a rendering of what it would look like facing the opposite direction:

wrestling3.jpg
Nostalgic flashback (circa 1974) to rolling out our 3-piece mat in the basement of the library next to our tiny HS, just outside Pittsburgh.
Your new place rocks, outside windows be damned. Human nature what it is, if a recruit deems all other factors (coaching, opportunity, education, NIL, etc..) to be equal, can’t see them not letting a brand new facility tip the scale. Congrats.

Reactions: pawrestler4life
Just seems so tall and open, I would’ve done bout 10 ft ceilings, no windows, and a few lights. Just really go for the dungeon look.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT