ADVERTISEMENT

The House That Tom Built…

I for one hope they don’t clean the dirt and dust off the mats. Wrestling is like golf, improvement is found in the dirt.

Reactions: Trapper85
I for one hope they don’t clean the dirt and dust off the mats. Wrestling is like golf, improvement is found in the dirt.
Sounds unhygienic to me.
worrying big brother GIF by Global TV

You have to be some kind of dumb turkey to not be blown away by this. The place is MASSIVE, as far as what it needs? The STATE OF THE ART stuff. Those are NOT F-in windows!!!!

It needs PRE-hab, RE-hap, and other STATE of the ART TRAINING TOOLS!!!!! That is what I have not seen. I would also like to see more of the weight room. I will be able to tell you if they have anyone with a CLUE very quickly!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: USPMAN and el dub
Love the black and gold! Wish those were Pitt’s colors. What’s the lettering above the logo on the wall? Bob and Kathy Nicolls?

Nostalgic flashback (circa 1974) to rolling out our 3-piece mat in the basement of the library next to our tiny HS, just outside Pittsburgh.
Your new place rocks, outside windows be damned. Human nature what it is, if a recruit deems all other factors (coaching, opportunity, education, NIL, etc..) to be equal, can’t see them not letting a brand new facility tip the scale. Congrats.
What high school was that?

Here is a rendering of what it would look like facing the opposite direction:

wrestling3.jpg
Just another reminder of how the non-wrestling world has NO idea about what wrestling is or what it looks like, lol. We got couples figure skating on one mat, swing dancing on another, and two dudes taking a dump in the back.

• Haha
Reactions: el dub
  • Haha
Reactions: vhsalum
Looks pretty dope.

Give it a couple years and I'm sure our friends out east will make something better.

Looks pretty dope.

Give it a couple years and I'm sure our friends out east will make something better.
Of this there is no doubt. Cael is strategic. "Let's first see what they build then we will know exactly what to build to outdo them."

The only thing that surprises me is that the mats are down already. As a former wrestling coach all I’d be thinking about is a bunch of careless workers walking all over or spilling stuff on my brand new mats.
I heard a rumor that the mats may have the capability of being rolled up, or folded. Who knows

• Haha
Reactions: vhsalum
Of this there is no doubt. Cael is strategic. "Let's first see what they build then we will know exactly what to build to outdo them."
LOL, will be a very long time before anything can match this!!! You would be looking at $50 Million or so for a college Wrestling facility!!!

• Haha
Reactions: NitFan53
You have to be some kind of dumb turkey to not be blown away by this. The place is MASSIVE, as far as what it needs? The STATE OF THE ART stuff. Those are NOT F-in windows!!!!

It needs PRE-hab, RE-hap, and other STATE of the ART TRAINING TOOLS!!!!! That is what I have not seen. I would also like to see more of the weight room. I will be able to tell you if they have anyone with a CLUE very quickly!!!!
And it’s black and gold…..so awesome that they made the mats Beau Bassets favorite colors……he will def be a hawk

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT