ADVERTISEMENT

The Legality of Automatic/Semi-Automatic Weapons & Abortion Should be Decided at State Level

West Dundee Hawkeye

HB All-American
Sep 28, 2003

Tenth Amendment​

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

I would bet the good people of Arizona will make reproductive choice legal just as very Red Kansas did.

I personally hope they do. The story of the 10 year old girl in Ohio who was raped and was denied an abortion was horrible.

But just as the 10th Amendment applies to reproductive rights, it also applies to the legality of automatic/semi-automatic weapons. Nothing in the Constitution talks about automatic/semi-automatic weapons.

Tenth Amendment​

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

I would bet the good people of Arizona will make reproductive choice legal just as very Red Kansas did.

I personally hope they do. The story of the 10 year old girl in Ohio who was raped and was denied an abortion was horrible.

But just as the 10th Amendment applies to reproductive rights, it also applies to the legality of automatic/semi-automatic weapons. Nothing in the Constitution talks about automatic/semi-automatic weapons.
There should be a federal law that protects women’s reproductive healthcare. Oh, wait, there was. Whatever happened to that? Shame on the big government folks.

As far as 2A is concerned, the language is ambiguous, especially when you factor in the first clause. Regardless, what constitutes the right to “bear arms” is open to interpretation. Most reasonable people would agree “arms” should not include nuclear weapons. With that said, limiting personal firearms is unconstitutional IMO, and the government should stay the **** out of whatever guns people choose to possess.

To leave it up to states to decide is stupid and just paving the way for another black market to open up and increase illegal activity. On top of that, it won’t put a dent in the violent crime problem.

Last edited:

Tenth Amendment​

The Constitution (2A) covers gun rights, and to some extent abortion. The latter depends on when a state decides a fetus is a person.

Civics should be required to get a diploma.

With that said, limiting personal firearms is unconstitutional IMO, and the government should stay the **** out of whatever guns people choose to possess.
I like it!

main-qimg-78a8333644a703956b905ec53e500840

Oh yeah, certainly illegal for most everyone.

I still want one though! :)
There is a ranch near (I think) LaGrange where you can drive a tank, shoot a high caliber, fire a flamethrower....bunch of other stuff....I don't think they have a mini-gun....I was trying to schedule an office field trip....but that was canceled by the powers that be..

• Wow
Reactions: NDallasRuss
There is a ranch near (I think) LaGrange where you can drive a tank, shoot a high caliber, fire a flamethrower....bunch of other stuff....I don't think they have a mini-gun....I was trying to schedule an office field trip....but that was canceled by the powers that be..
They got a lot of nice girls there!

That's only ~3.5hrs from me, which isn't bad.

Similarly, we tried to put together a paintball teambuilding event for years, but we were never able to get it approved, despite most everyone thinking it would be fun.

They got a lot of nice girls there!

That's only ~3.5hrs from me, which isn't bad.

Similarly, we tried to put together a paintball teambuilding event for years, but we were never able to get it approved, despite most everyone thinking it would be fun.
Several years ago, several female attorneys came up with a clever marketing event called: Guns & Roses -- they took their female clients to a shooting range and after the shooting lesson they had a flower arrangement class (with food and drink, of course). It was pretty well attended...our overlords back east about good not believe we put something on like that....

FYI, the Chicken Ranch property is still there. They keep wanting to do something with it, but can't get the investors.

• Haha
I found a place in Uvalde. That's a pretty expensive place!

Sherman tank: $3,000.00 – Drive & Shoot the tanks 76mm main gun (1 round)
Russian T-34 tank: $3,500.00 – Drive & Shoot the tanks main gun (1 round)
US 105mm Howitzer: $1,500.00 – Set up and Shoot (1 round)
RPG: $3,500.00 – Fire one rocket

I found a place in Uvalde. That's a pretty expensive place!

Sherman tank: $3,000.00 – Drive & Shoot the tanks 76mm main gun (1 round)
Russian T-34 tank: $3,500.00 – Drive & Shoot the tanks main gun (1 round)
US 105mm Howitzer: $1,500.00 – Set up and Shoot (1 round)
RPG: $3,500.00 – Fire one rocket

That's the one....don't know why I thought it was LaGrange. Tony Buzbee moved his WW2 tank from River Oaks to his ranch in East Texas.....but I doubt I'll get invited up there anytime soon....

Democrats do need to start finding some laws from 1837 that are still on the books and start suing to get those enforced as well.

Automatic weapons aren't illegal at the federal level. They require a special ATF permit, additional background check, and 'processing fee'. Supply of fully auto weapons is limited, making them expensive.
Didn’t know that. Thank you.

Never existed,.. Roe V Wade was a supreme court decision on the constitutionality of abortion, not a law.
That's not entirely accurate. There wasn't a federal statute, but there was common law (first Roe v. Wade, then Casey and its progeny) that recognized that a woman's fundamental right--under the privacy rights of the BOR--to make a medical decision could not be abridged by the government (neither state or federal) until the viability of the fetus.

Never existed,.. Roe V Wade was a supreme court decision on the constitutionality of abortion, not a law.
My point was women’s rights were protected until the current Supreme Court reversed that decision, doing away with federal protection and leaving it to individual states to decide.

Reactions: Rifler
I'm considering building one of these, not because I think they are practical or useful, simply because I want to learn the mechanics.

AKhZTPe.jpg
That would be really cool - but I also feel like that would get you on some kind of list you don't want to be on.

Out of curiosity - if you know - if you were to build one, what percentage of the parts would be commercially available, and what percentage would you have to fabricate yourself?

100% commercially available. It's 2 rugar 10/22 actions synced to fire via 1 trigger ans fed through 100 round drum mags.

You could easily do it for 2k.

That would be really cool - but I also feel like that would get you on some kind of list you don't want to be on.

Out of curiosity - if you know - if you were to build one, what percentage of the parts would be commercially available, and what percentage would you have to fabricate yourself?

• Love
There should be a federal law that protects women’s reproductive healthcare. Oh, wait, there was. Whatever happened to that? Shame on the big government folks.

As far as 2A is concerned, the language is ambiguous, especially when you factor in the first clause. Regardless, what constitutes the right to “bear arms” is open to interpretation. Most reasonable people would agree “arms” should not include nuclear weapons. With that said, limiting personal firearms is unconstitutional IMO, and the government should stay the **** out of whatever guns people choose to possess.

To leave it up to states to decide is stupid and just paving the way for another black market to open up and increase illegal activity. On top of that, it won’t put a dent in the violent crime problem.
There was no Amendment on Abortion.

Bear arms should be up to the State. If Texas wants to allow 50 caliber machine guns then so be it. If Illinois doesn't then it will restrict them.

States are free to do what Kansas did on Abortion and have a vote on Abortion and guns. Let the people decide, not the Legislators.

Bear arms should be up to the State. If Texas wants to allow 50 caliber machine guns then so be it. If Illinois doesn't then it will restrict them.

States are free to do what Kansas did on Abortion and have a vote on Abortion and guns. Let the people decide, not the Legislators.
So if you're a woman, you only get to make health care decisions if you live in certain states that allow for reproductive rights?

So if you're a woman, you only get to make health care decisions if you live in certain states that allow for reproductive rights?
I think the people of AZ will do what the people of Kansas did and make choice legal. If it fails, they will leave the state.
The Religious Right is full of crap and this may cost Trump the election.

I say let democracy function.

Reactions: Rifler

That's not how this works. The US is not a civil code based (often referred to as a Napoleonic Code) wherein you have a thousands upon thousands of statutes addressing every conceivable issue--we have statutes and common (judge made) law. The reason that the Framers added the 10th Amendment--which is a truism and not an independent source of rights--is because they were concerned that if based the BOR that some damn fool would come along later and suggest those were all the rights that a person retained. A woman's right to engage in a medical decision without government interference is found under the general right to privacy. The government was prevented from abridging that right until the fetus was viable.

I think the people of AZ will do what the people of Kansas did and make choice legal. If it fails, they will leave the state.
The Religious Right is full of crap and this may cost Trump the election.

I say let democracy function.
Sometimes democracy gets in its own way. In 1964 California residents voted (prop 14) to allow property sellers, landlords and their agents to openly discriminate on ethnic grounds when selling or letting accommodations.

Sometimes democracy gets in its own way. In 1964 California residents voted (prop 14) to allow property sellers, landlords and their agents to openly discriminate on ethnic grounds when selling or letting accommodations.
The Constitution originally legalized slavery but then the people spoke and we ended up with the Civil War to make slavery illegal.

Alright. Do you feel that states should be able to restrict the movement of residents to other states to perform an abortion in the other state?
Of course not. Have you heard of the commerce clause? Do you understand enumerated rights?

Of course not. Have you heard of the commerce clause? Do you understand enumerated rights?
I’m just asking you because some states are trying to make those laws and I’m hoping they get shot down by the courts

Fair enough. Sorry for being defensive. There are a lot of posters who like to try "gotcha" moments.
I try to not put words on people and take them for what they say and ask questions. I’m not perfect though and can be a dumbass like everyone else.

As far as I'm concerned, when it comes to abortion, men shouldn't even have a seat at the table.
Hmm. I don’t completely agree. We should be in the debate but not the decision. One thing men take a beating on is parental rights. It’s a tough one to figure out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT