ADVERTISEMENT

The next Babineaux

BuddyRydell

Team MVP
Mar 25, 2015
Looking at Michael Slater's size and tangibles, he seems to be similar to Babineaux when he came to Iowa. I wonder if thats what the coaches saw also in recruiting him? They will take different paths to DT, but I am guessing that's where Slater will end up and hopefully be anywhere near as good as Babs.

Also, if Brady Reiff has half the work ethic as his brother, he should ascend the depth chart rather quickly as he puts on weight. Just speculating. Appears to be explosive off the line and I always like tough wrestlers on D. We need another Matt Roth, It would be nice if they could make one of these guys as mean as him. Reiff is about the same size and speed as Roth in HS and both were wrestlers. Can they get Reiff as mean?

These two guys are really interesting prospects, both were seriously under-rated by the recruiting services IMO.

Reiff was a 2X State wrestling champ in South Dakota but did not defend for a 3rd title in order to enroll at Iowa early. Brady was a pin machine-something like 70-75% of his matches. As a sophomore, he won the state 220 title by pinning all 4 opponents under one minute........and he was giving up about 15-20 lbs to boot.

Looking forward to watching these two going forward.

Originally posted by nu2u:

These two guys are really interesting prospects, both were seriously under-rated by the recruiting services IMO.
LOL You could say the same thing about 3/4 of our roster every year under Ferentz.

Originally posted by mpls_hawki:
Originally posted by nu2u:

LOL You could say the same thing about 3/4 of our roster every year under Ferentz.

These two seem legit. Slater is a guy who looks like a freak. I have absolutely no idea how he was overlooked by the blue bloods. Iowa found him at the satellite camp in St. Louis. Maybe he is dumber than a dick in a room full of fat chicks?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT