ADVERTISEMENT

The Next Debate....

Needs shock collars and Two Big Buttons

• Yes

Votes: 34 97.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
I truly think Biden’s camp will back out, saying Trump can’t follow decorum and that they will not subject themselves to it. I don’t think there will be any negative outcome for Biden. If I were Biden I would bring a toy firetruck and if he has an outburst tell him he is acting like a 2 year old roll the truck across the floor and tell him to go play in the corner while the adults discuss the politics of the day.

The next debate needs to be held in the American Gladiators arena except they both get tennis ball guns and try to shoot the moderators.

We don’t need any more debates. One was enough.

Agree. What’s the point? Trump couldn’t follow the rules and he made a fool out of himself. No decent human being could publicly support Trump after that performance.

If I’m Biden, I demand they give the moderators a kill switch to cut the mics when it isn’t the other person’s turn.

I love debates. I even watch the boring Iowan ones. That said, I dread having to watch another debate involving Trump. Watching a grown man throw one hissy fit after another for 90 minutes is a complete waste of time.

"Exhausting" should not be a word used to describe how it was to watch a debate (among many others).

The problem with cutting the mics plays into Trump's only strategy. Biden would hear all the Trump bull crap but the viewer wouldn't. That doesn't do justice to the event or to Biden.

Americans need to be reminded just how big an asshole Trump is.

The problem with cutting the mics plays into Trump's only strategy. Biden would hear all the Trump bull crap but the viewer wouldn't. That doesn't do justice to the event or to Biden.

Americans need to be reminded just how big an asshole Trump is.

Cut mics

Every outburst, you lose 1 min of response time for every following question.
Go past ten, and you're done entirely.

I would add, Biden needs to not speak and just laugh at Trump. Pretty sure nothing would freak out Donnie more than being laughed at.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
There shouldn’t be another debate. It’s too damaging to this country’s psyche, democracy, and America’s status around the world.
100% disagree. Don't put bandaids on this shit. There were two of them up there last night and both looked like baboons. We the people deserve better from our elected leaders.

Did any one pick up on the Orange Turd's answer that he paid "millions of dollars in income taxes" in 2016, not the $750 reported by the NYT. That was an answer to a direct question.

Millions is a lot of money to pay in one year. Absurd really...unbelievable. Like everything he says it's not true, and the NYT has the hardcopy evidence. Last night, as usual he had the mic.
Cut mics

Every outburst, you lose 1 min of response time for every following question.
Go past ten, and you're done entirely.

It is important the viewers see (and hear) the Orange Turd's behavior. The sight of the POTUS acting like a spoiled child bully will turn off sensible voters that have not made their decisions.

EjInNJLXgAIQ9w5

I believe the next debate is in the town hall style, so Trump won't steamroll ordinary citizens asking questions.
But, I might be wrong about that. If it is a traditional debate the non-partisan group that runs them needs to tell Trump they will cut his mic if he interrupts, and if he throws a temper tantrum and threatens to leave, well, that's his decision.
And, this could go in any of the debate threads, but Trump acted the way he did last night because it's all he has. He has been saying 2-3 weeks on health care, and ME peace, and infrastructure, and a vaccine for Covid for four years now. Everything is, "I'm working on a beautiful plan, and you'll see it in 2-3 weeks". Well, last night he had nothing to talk about, and in order to prevent Biden from talking he went nuts.
I really don't know if the presidency can sink any lower, and it's yet another reminder why LC has disappeared from the board. Even he wouldn't have played along and tried to defend that disgraceful reality show stunt last night.

I believe the next debate is in the town hall style, so Trump won't steamroll ordinary citizens asking questions.
But, I might be wrong about that. If it is a traditional debate the non-partisan group that runs them needs to tell Trump they will cut his mic if he interrupts, and if he throws a temper tantrum and threatens to leave, well, that's his decision.
And, this could go in any of the debate threads, but Trump acted the way he did last night because it's all he has. He has been saying 2-3 weeks on health care, and ME peace, and infrastructure, and a vaccine for Covid for four years now. Everything is, "I'm working on a beautiful plan, and you'll see it in 2-3 weeks". Well, last night he had nothing to talk about, and in order to prevent Biden from talking he went nuts.
I really don't know if the presidency can sink any lower, and it's yet another reminder why LC has disappeared from the board. Even he wouldn't have played along and tried to defend that disgraceful reality show stunt last night.

The problem with the debate commission is that both parties must agree to those ground rules and there seems no chance to me that they would accept that. For anyone that's a genuinely undecided, I can't see anything they'd have seen last night to suggest they'd even watch 2 minutes of the next debate. I have to completely disagree with your statement that you don't think the Presidency can sink any lower. The arrow is pointing down, and the worst day are ahead. REGARDLESS of what happens in the coming weeks, things will absolutely be worse. Even if Biden is up by 15 points on November 10, it will not fix this.

The problem with the debate commission is that both parties must agree to those ground rules

Simple: Change the ground rules

Don't tell either of them. As soon as the shitshow of shouting over moderators and other speakers begins, get them to shut up and inform them "Your mic will be shut off if you do that again, and you will lose 1 min of response time for each outburst. Those are the new rules and if you do not like them, then leave."

Just Do It.

Reactions: Obviously Oblivious
Simple: Change the ground rules

Don't tell either of them. As soon as the shitshow of shouting over moderators and other speakers begins, get them to shut up and inform them "Your mic will be shut off if you do that again, and you will lose 1 min of response time for each outburst. Those are the new rules and if you do not like them, then leave."

Just Do It.

That would be ideal, but that just isn't historically how they've operated. Perhaps they will change their tune within the next two weeks.

I love debates. I even watch the boring Iowan ones. That said, I dread having to watch another debate involving Trump. Watching a grown man throw one hissy fit after another for 90 minutes is a complete waste of time.
The next ones are on Thursday nights. I'll rewatch the last The Boys episode instead of this crap.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT