ADVERTISEMENT

The Premier Wrestling Conference is taking some hits today...

Nashville_Hawkeye

HR All-American
Dec 31, 2015
Nashville
Without considering the Hawks that have lost today, the B10 is taking some real hits. I'm at work and watching when I can, but have noticed some B10 kids getting rocked by lower seeds from outside the B10. Hope our Hawks stayed focused and don't become complacent!

Without considering the Hawks that have lost today, the B10 is taking some real hits. I'm at work and watching when I can, but have noticed some B10 kids getting rocked by lower seeds from outside the B10. Hope our Hawks stayed focused and don't become complacent!
If you hadn't noticed the biggest upsets of the day were NOT Big10 wrestlers. The highest seeded Big10 loss was Finesilver IIRC.

5,6,7 at 125...all from lower conferences. #4 Ramirez from Cornell at 165.

Those guys "got rocked" but let's lay off the hyperbole about the Big10 struggles in round 1.

My question would be. How many of the other conferences combined does the B1G Ten outscore? I think this would be an interesting stat and one I have not seen.

So B1G is #1 and scored X amount of points with all its wrestlers. You then take #2,3,4,5 and so on to see how dominate the conference is.

My question would be. How many of the other conferences combined does the B1G Ten outscore? I think this would be an interesting stat and one I have not seen.

So B1G is #1 and scored X amount of points with all its wrestlers. You then take #2,3,4,5 and so on to see how dominate the conference is.
This is the breakdown for 2022:

Big Ten = 612.5

Big 12 = 215.5
Pac-12 = 171.5
ACC = 167
EIWA = 151
MAC = 24.5
SoCon = 23.5
Other conferences combined = 753

Big Ten = 612.5

Big 12 = 215.5
Pac-12 = 171.5
ACC = 167
EIWA = 151
MAC = 24.5
SoCon = 23.5
I was going to guess
B10 -40%
Big 12- 20%
Acc -20%
Pac12 10
EIWA-10%
Others - rounding error.

For this year i was thinking big ten might outscore the rest of the field...

If you hadn't noticed the biggest upsets of the day were NOT Big10 wrestlers. The highest seeded Big10 loss was Finesilver IIRC.

5,6,7 at 125...all from lower conferences. #4 Ramirez from Cornell at 165.

Those guys "got rocked" but let's lay off the hyperbole about the Big10 struggles in round 1.
I'm not beating up on the B10; hell that's my conference. I'm merely saying that some quality B10 talent, men who are ranked relatively high regardless of where they are seeded, were taking hits in that first round. We all know some of these seeds are a little suspect - AF HWT comes to mind immediately - but I was surprised by a couple of those early losses. Definitely not what I expected from some of those guys.

I'm not beating up on the B10; hell that's my conference. I'm merely saying that some quality B10 talent, men who are ranked relatively high regardless of where they are seeded, were taking hits in that first round. We all know some of these seeds are a little suspect - AF HWT comes to mind immediately - but I was surprised by a couple of those early losses. Definitely not what I expected from some of those guys.
I still don't see it that way. I guess rankings went out the window when the seeds were announced and so far the Big10 has yet to lose a highly seeded wrestler. Kennedy and Smith (#6 seeds) are the highest ranked conference losses, and they lost to Big10 opponents.

On top of that the Big10 scored a number of major upsets this round to advance to the 1/4 and we have teams at 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 8, 10 in the standings.

Big 10 just CRUSHED day 1 at the NCAA tournament!!!

Big Ten = 612.5

Big 12 = 215.5
Pac-12 = 171.5
ACC = 167
EIWA = 151
MAC = 24.5
SoCon = 23.5
This is the kind of post that makes the cesspool the best wrestling forum out there!

Wade through the bs enough and all pertinent wrestling information will appear here. Couple that with an extremely knowledgeable home fan base, and a plethora of fans from different teams, there’s no shortage of varied insights you can take away if you bother to pay attention.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT