ADVERTISEMENT

The TPP is the Most Brazen Corporate Power Grab in American History

Too bad all the democrats are turning their backs on their values to stand behind their president.

Hmmm... It seems like far more Republicans (just about ALL of them) supported the president on this issue (at least when they passed fast track authority to make it easier to pass as well as many other crappy "free trade" deals!) So who's turning their backs on their values now?... Hmmm? I certainly am not supporting the president on this POS! Why do your Republican representatives support him? Huh?

Hmmm... It seems like far more Republicans (just about ALL of them) supported the president on this issue (at least when they passed fast track authority to make it easier to pass as well as many other crappy "free trade" deals!) So who's turning their backs on their values now?... Hmmm? I certainly am not supporting the president on this POS! Why do your Republican representatives support him? Huh?

If you believe in partisan stereotypes, then why would you ask?

So, all the Republicans and all the Democrats support it? Is that the narrative that's developing here? If so, you need to ask yourself, "Why?"

Too bad all the democrats are turning their backs on their values to stand behind their president.
Except, of course, all the Dems are not doing that. All the Dems running for president oppose it. Even if you don't trust Hillary's very recent opposition, there's no reason to doubt Bernie or Martin on this.

I would expect libertarians to oppose it. But while Rand Paul opposed fasttracking it, he is waffling on whether to support the TPP itself. Trump has made a couple of negative comments, but not about the important things wrong with it.

A few on left and right have expressed disappointment that the TPP doesn't deal with currency trading. And, sure, that is an important issue. But rejecting the TPP for that reason is like rejecting apple pie because there's no ice cream on top. You may want ice cream, but the pie is either good pie or bad pie, on its own.

Reactions: moral_victory
One of the problems with the TPP is that it's being sold as a free trade agreement. It's not. It's an agreement imposing corporate control over trade. A lot of people knee-jerk to "free trade." So that makes it a convenient lie to tell.

Reactions: moral_victory
I've always maintained that I didn't know enough about it to be for it or against it, but didn't like the lack of transparency. Now that it's available and I find that it's five-times longer than the Bible, so I still don't know enough about it, but I don't like the ridiculous length.

Just curious if anyone knows, are ALL the other Pacific partners on board or do any have political uncertainty like we do?

Is it a partisan stereotype to point out that Republicans appear to be overwhelmingly for this atrocity? Why don't you address the issue instead of deflecting this way?

What is more surprising?

That the Republicans support it, or that BHO is it's Champion?

I've been against it from the beginning.

Where was your outrage last week when the Export/Import Bank decision was camouflaged and passed along with the infrastructure bill?

What is more surprising?

That the Republicans support it, or that BHO is it's Champion?

I've been against it from the beginning.

Where was your outrage last week when the Export/Import Bank decision was camouflaged and passed along with the infrastructure bill?
Tell me more. I didn't hear about that.

Not that it has anything to do with the topic, but I'd like to hear about it.

I think it is every bit a damaging to domestic job creation as TPP.
How so?

By the way, the argument that the TPP would be damaging to domestic job creation is not one of my major concerns. I'm not even sure it's true - although it might be damaging to the creation of good jobs or jobs with good benefits.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT