ADVERTISEMENT

The US is now the world’s largest oil producer exceeding Russia's output by ~35% and Saudi Arabia by ~38%.

Probably wasted text, but do you realize that the fossil fuels and energy industries in general are not nationalized in this country? When there's a Democrat president, it's not the leader and their party controlling the output and dictating production. When there's a Republican president, he and his party are not "doing" oil production.
Other than tax breaks to large oil co.

Yep. The culture wars, led by Trump and his minions, are the biggest detriment to fiscal conservatism. It’s a bit beyond simple gay marriage and abortion, it’s Christian nationalism overall and Trump as a horrible human that is causing the backlash. I believe this explains the popularity of an otherwise undewhelming candidate in Harris.

Unfortunately y’all made a deal with the devil when you hitched your wagon to MAGA philosophy. You have to ditch it eventually and I’m quite sure many GOP leaders know it. You just don’t know how to get off the runaway stagecoach.
Why is the word “Christian” a dirty word to many Dems?

455096257_10162181551203453_339092344034174177_n.jpg

I assume for political purposes - a signal, something - to convey that he's serious and progressive about climate change and all that.

I don't think I forgot it, I just don't think I ever realized the promise was made.

Intuitively I would think less production, right? But I also don't pretend to have an expertise in this industry. For all I know, those leases that he tried to prohibit are insignificant, or the time it takes to actually draw from them are multiple years rather than instantaneous, or maybe the market conditions would have been sufficient for the oil producers to squeeze out even more oil elsewhere.

Hope that helps.
Nope, it really didn’t.

Correct

US oil companies are extracting, because it is economical for them to extract.

Saudis dump a bunch of cheaper oil on the markets, US suppliers shut down when they cannot afford to sell for less so they do not produce

Higher oil prices benefit US producers to extract; oil gluts mean they shut down until prices go up to where they can make $$.

And, when the US and Western countries can build up enough renewables infrastructure that we no longer need much oil, US production will plummet because prices will drop too low for them. Upside to that is the Saudis and Iranis will no longer make much money to maintain their authoritarian rule and they won't be able to cause trouble that any of the rest of us care about.
So, what’s the timeline on “building up enough renewable infrastructure? Or, is it even feasible, cost effective, and realistic?

And yet, it could be so much more. 😉
How much more could it be? You do know there are constraints as far as infrastructure, materials, and labor. And, cost consciousness by producers. Give us your best estimate of how much more we could produce, and what the motivation would be?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT