ADVERTISEMENT

There is little incentive for a back up QB to stay in a Kirk Ferentz led program

Can you imagine being a QB talented enough to receive a D1 football scholarship, only to sit on the bench watching the likes of Petras, Hill, and McNamara stink up the field week after week? No matter how terribly they play your only hope of seeing the field is an injury, and even then you’d be so severely handcuffed by the conservative play calling that you’d have no chance to shine?

It would be absolutely maddening.

yesterday during the game thread the thought popped in my mind (after I incorrectly said Cade was done for the day) “what is Sullivan decides to transfer?”

Next year isn’t pretty with who we lose but having a green QB doesn’t make it better.

The QB situation at Iowa is impossible to figure out. When you haven’t successfully recruited a B1G-caliber QB to the program in almost 10 years, do the playing time decisions really matter?

Reactions: TRHawkeye145
I would be if it was me. I hope he sticks it to Ferentz transfers via portal. Iowa under the great tutelage of Ferentz is not a good place for any QB.
I've said this before, but I'll say it again: If I were Sullivan, I would--RIGHT NOW--go to Ferentz and tell him either I'm the starting QB the rest of the season, or I'm joining Brown and Williams in the portal immediately. End of story.

The QB situation at Iowa is impossible to figure out. When you haven’t successfully recruited a B1G-caliber QB to the program in almost 10 years, do the playing time decisions really matter?
I refuse to believe they’ve missed this many times. It’s coaching and development issues.

Reactions: DewHawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT