ADVERTISEMENT

There Will be TIGER HAWK at MIDFIELD as new turf installed;67% VOTED CORRECTLY(Voting started Apr 9)

Will the new turf include a Logo at mid field?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Take this with a grain of salt...... but every U of I athletic staff member I've asked has said smirking, "I guess you'll have to see soon." It definitely seems like there will be something different about the playing turf.

Reactions: thirteenandtwo
My wish would be if they are adding the tigerhawk at midfield that they remove it from the "IOWA" end zone.

Would not be surprised if ANF gets out there somewhere. Farm Bureau paying the $$$$.

There is a kids camp in 6 days. Last year it was mostly in Kinnick. I guess if they are working in there they will have it over on the practice fields. I guess we will see on the 14th.

Reactions: Herkmeister
If the field doesn't have a logo at midfield the dam pitchforks are coming out.
images

We can get these guys to join; they know how to wield a good pitchfork

Wait, won't putting the Tiger Hawk at midfield offend someone? I think the logo could be interpreted as "unnecessarily unfriendly toward non University of Iowa fans." We cannot possibly have that. Iowa already had to put a smile on Herky's face. I propose this:
images

Reactions: Ree4 and Hawkfan_08
We can do so much more around the stadium, on Melrose, the water tower, etc- to,project enthusiasm for all of Iowa programs...I love what a lot of the SEC teams have on their stadium walks- I think we can do so much better.

Absolutely. I've seen a lot of the big boy stadiums up close and personal (LSU, Stanford, Alabama) and the character and things they have in place to pull fans in is fantastic. We could definitely do better.

Barta, as usual, is an idiot. Why string the fans along like that? Are you gonna do what shoulda been done decades ago and put the Tiger Hawk out there or not? And if not, this fake drama is really gonna backfire. Virtually every other team in the known universe has its logo at midfield . . . except, of course, Iowa. That had better change when the new turf shows up.
While I believe Barta has done a very credible job as AD, I really cannot figure out why he is treating the fan base like a bunch of 2nd Graders. If you are putting the Tiger Hawk at midfield, or not putting it at midfield, just inform the fans one way or the other. This "Hide the Weenie" tactic is rather insulting to one's intelligence (even at the 2nd Grade Level).

While I believe Barta has done a very credible job as AD, I really cannot figure out why he is treating the fan base like a bunch of 2nd Graders. If you are putting the Tiger Hawk at midfield, or not putting it at midfield, just inform the fans one way or the other. This "Hide the Weenie" tactic is rather insulting to one's intelligence (even at the 2nd Grade Level).
Iowa fans could be like my wife? Love surprises, but less enthusiastic about hide the weenie.

Wait, won't putting the Tiger Hawk at midfield offend someone? I think the logo could be interpreted as "unnecessarily unfriendly toward non University of Iowa fans." We cannot possibly have that. Iowa already had to put a smile on Herky's face. I propose this:
images

Wait! A pig hugging a donkey? Either the pigs or the donkeys are going to be offended. ;)

If GB and Co. have proven anything it's their unparalleled ability to drain the excitement and energy out of pretty much anything that gets the fan base buzzing.

Hawk Tex my man........... lighten up a little. He's building a little hype. And it is kind of fun. Pull dem panties out of your rear and have a little fun my friend. :)

rino_xlarge.jpeg

It is basically a way for the UIHC to stick it to the athletic department.

It is well known in this area that the UIHC and the athletic department and especially football, dont have the best of relationships. The hospital wants the land the stadium sits on as well as the frustration of game days and events messing up their normal procedures. They do a good job of putting on a nice public face though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT