ADVERTISEMENT

There's a biological reason why women cry in front of men....

The Tradition

HR King
Apr 23, 2002
Summary: A new study reveals that women’s tears contain chemicals that significantly reduce aggression in men. The study, which builds on known effects in rodents, employed a two-person game designed to elicit aggressive behavior in men, who unknowingly sniffed either women’s tears or saline.

The results showed a dramatic 40% drop in aggressive behavior and a corresponding decrease in brain activity in aggression-related regions after exposure to the tears. This research not only confirms the presence of social chemosignaling in humans but also challenges the notion that emotional tears are a uniquely human trait.

Key Facts:

1. Men exposed to women’s tears showed a 40% reduction in aggressive behavior.
  2. Brain imaging revealed decreased activity in aggression-related regions when men sniffed women’s tears.
  3. The study provides evidence of social chemosignaling affecting human aggression, similar to findings in animals.
Source: PLOS

Summary: A new study reveals that women’s tears contain chemicals that significantly reduce aggression in men. The study, which builds on known effects in rodents, employed a two-person game designed to elicit aggressive behavior in men, who unknowingly sniffed either women’s tears or saline.

The results showed a dramatic 40% drop in aggressive behavior and a corresponding decrease in brain activity in aggression-related regions after exposure to the tears. This research not only confirms the presence of social chemosignaling in humans but also challenges the notion that emotional tears are a uniquely human trait.

Key Facts:

1. Men exposed to women’s tears showed a 40% reduction in aggressive behavior.
  2. Brain imaging revealed decreased activity in aggression-related regions when men sniffed women’s tears.
  3. The study provides evidence of social chemosignaling affecting human aggression, similar to findings in animals.
Source: PLOS

I feel like there is something you want to share with the rest of us.

• Haha
Reactions: The Tradition
Many times in my younger days, women cried from laughter in front of me. I'm pleased to know it wasn't because of what I thought it was.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT