ADVERTISEMENT

There's a NW Iowa 3A Team in the title game tomorrow...

Lemars and Borchers vs. Wahlert and Pemsl for the title tomorrow night.

Now if the refs will let the bigs play and not call ticky tacky fouls.

The 3A & 4A games are saturday night at 6 & 8 pm. 1A & 2A on Friday night. All 4 games are on Fox Network TV.

Originally posted by 2432Hawk:

The officials I have seen have not been the cream of the crop. Half the time I think they are making it up as they go. The fans had to tell the officials last night to switch sides of the court to start overtime.

I'm going to be at the game. My nephew plays for LeMars. Hoping they let the boys play. Borchers had three fouls called in 34 seconds in the 2nd quarter of the semi. Just ridiculous. Would rather see the best out there than rotting on the bench.

Originally posted by whatsup12579er:

Originally posted by 2432Hawk:

The officials I have seen have not been the cream of the crop. Half the time I think they are making it up as they go. The fans had to tell the officials last night to switch sides of the court to start overtime.
Answer me this, did the fans get the officials to switch ends of the court in OT? If they did then you are correct that the officials didn't know what they were doing, because you don't switch ends in OT, you continue the same way. So if the officials didn't switch the teams in OT maybe they knew more than you thought they did, including the rest of the game.
confused0006.r191677.gif

Originally posted by HoustonHawkeye:
The 3A & 4A games are saturday night at 6 & 8 pm. 1A & 2A on Friday night. All 4 games are on Fox Network TV.
They are on KCWI in the DM area. I don't know if KCWI is on Fox or not, don't know much about that station. . It's channel 9 on Mediacom cable.Not sure what the channel is if you don't have cable.

Yea and he only had 1 foul the whole second half plus two overtimes I watched it he should have could out in the fourth quarter. So I am pretty sure they let em play. And NO I don't no anyone involved and didnt care who won. But it was obvious the refs were not gonna let the star foul out.

Dean Oliver, Greg McD, Hurl Beechum, Darian Devries and Ben Jacobsen(not the coach), will be inducted into the hall of fame as players. Dean O played for Iowa, Beechum for ISU, and the other three for UNI. I suppose McD the younger will get in some day to make a father and son combo. In reading about Greg. he only played two years, due to health, but averaged double pts. and rebounds. Yet it seems like his college and coaching probably played a bit of a role in his selection as usually the honorees have done something in the state trournament.

Deano is now at Illinois State. Guess I forgot he left S. Dakota.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT