ADVERTISEMENT

Theresa May Has Won a Historic House of Commons Mandate to Officially Start Brexit

Nat Algren

HR Legend
Nov 23, 2014
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 2017
Theresa May Has Won a Historic House of Commons Mandate to Officially Start Brexit

British Prime Minister Theresa May has won a historic House of Commons mandate to start Britain’s separation from the EU.

May is on course to start a two-year Brexit process next month after MPs voted by 498 to 114, for the bill that gives her the power to invoke the EU treaty’s Article 50 exit clause.

It is not clear why the Brexit process requires two years. May is no Ludwig Erhard.

-RW

(via The Finacial Times)

Well I'm glad that Commons voted to follow the results of the referendum.

Considering the one sided victory in the vote it appears to me that many of the MP's who personally supported remaining in the EU rightly put that aside to carry out the will of the people.

I was listening to the BBC a few nights ago and one of the commentators talked about how May has attached herself to Trump, and she will rise or fall with US ties. Breaking from the Eurozone means she is banking on moving closer with the US. Might not work out so well for her.

Reactions: cigaretteman
You're not real bright, are you Nat. You think there's just a big white button they can push? Jesus.
Hey Genius,

They're not my words. If you had (and you don't) half a brain, you would have noticed the author's initials at the bottom. Or, dragged your cursor over the subject title and clicked. This would have directed you to the origin.

Hey Genius,

They're not my words. If you had (and you don't) half a brain, you would have noticed the author's initials at the bottom. Or, dragged your cursor over the subject title and clicked. This would have directed you to the origin.
Oh yeah, not your words but you swallowed them whole.

I was listening to the BBC a few nights ago and one of the commentators talked about how May has attached herself to Trump, and she will rise or fall with US ties. Breaking from the Eurozone means she is banking on moving closer with the US. Might not work out so well for her.

The EU is already toast. Every election is anti EU since last July. The French election will bring a leader who wants out of the EU. The progressive in the EU are now proposing an army to keep countries in line. EU leaders have openly suggested that they need Trump assassinated. They are in full blown panic mode.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT