ADVERTISEMENT

Thin at DB

Vroom_C14

HB Heisman
Mar 3, 2014
Main page states there is concern for depth at DB. This is another positions that Iowa routinely places in the NFL, how can Iowa have issues here and on the OL?

Many of us kind of rolled our eyes last week when defensive coordinator Phil Parker told the Big Ten Network that he was concerned about depth in the defensive backfield. No one is roll...

Yeah I wonder why he left? I know he was having problems with school but thought that was all cleared up now

Sound just like Amari Speivey situation. He is enrolling at Iowa Central....so the door is open for him to come back. Kid probably just wants to play.

The coaches have 4 cornerbacks with experience, but nothing behind them basically.

CB - King, Draper
CB - Mabin, Fleming

Draper is a senior and the other 3 are juniors.

Most of the guys that were behind them are gone now. Malik Rucker transferred to Western Michigan and Solomon Warfield transferred to Youngstown State. Then, yesterday Jalen Embry announced he's leaving for Iowa Central Community College.

Also, Omar Truitt is out due to injury and had surgery a week ago.

With no other cornerbacks on the roster really, they moved safeties Michael Ojemudia and Kevin Ward to cornerback on Saturday in order to field a third team defense.

So far in the Class of 2016, Iowa has commitments from 3 CB's - Emmanuel Rugamba, Cedric Boswell, and Lance Billings. Might be room for one more now.

I would guess if King has a great year, he will declare for the draft too. Saw him listed somewhere as the 8th best corner. Who knows how that plays out but would be a definite concern.

Not sure how good Embry really is, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him go to ICCC for a season and then come back next season and be better off for all involved for having done so

The coaches have 4 cornerbacks with experience, but nothing behind them basically.

CB - King, Draper
CB - Mabin, Fleming

Draper is a senior and the other 3 are juniors.

Most of the guys that were behind them are gone now. Malik Rucker transferred to Western Michigan and Solomon Warfield transferred to Youngstown State. Then, yesterday Jalen Embry announced he's leaving for Iowa Central Community College.

Also, Omar Truitt is out due to injury and had surgery a week ago.

With no other cornerbacks on the roster really, they moved safeties Michael Ojemudia and Kevin Ward to cornerback on Saturday in order to field a third team defense.

So far in the Class of 2016, Iowa has commitments from 3 CB's - Emmanuel Rugamba, Cedric Boswell, and Lance Billings. Might be room for one more now.

Might we see someone like Josh Jackson or Marcel Joly move back to DB? Or possibly CJ Hilliard?

I would guess if King has a great year, he will declare for the draft too. Saw him listed somewhere as the 8th best corner. Who knows how that plays out but would be a definite concern.

Not sure how good Embry really is, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him go to ICCC for a season and then come back next season and be better off for all involved for having done so
King has already said he's staying to graduate. Link to article. http://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sp...ll-hawkeyes-secondary-odell-beckham/31925949/

I will wait until the end of the season to really see if King is staying. What is said now can definitely change if he starts climbing draft boards.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT