ADVERTISEMENT

Things I would rather do than watch the WNBA

200.gif

If you think about it, Caitlin is and will probably be the biggest Hawkeye sports celeb in school history, and it’s all happening right now, while you’re alive. She’s arguably one of the 10 biggest American athletes in any sport of the past 30 years. I’m no WNBA fan but I’m absolutely tuning in while this rare bit of historical Iowa reverence is happening.

If you think about it, Caitlin is and will probably be the biggest Hawkeye sports celeb in school history, and it’s all happening right now, while you’re alive. She’s arguably one of the 10 biggest American athletes in any sport of the past 30 years. I’m no WNBA fan but I’m absolutely tuning in while this rare bit of historical Iowa reverence is happening.
It is unique and only possible in today's landscape. Unfortunately the instant and constant attention has plenty of negative aspects. I think I liked the world better when everyone didn't have an electronic megaphone.

1. Watch paint dry
2. Watch grass grow
3. Rewatch every Iowa offensive drive from the 2022-23 seasons
4. Rewatch every Iowa mens bball game from the final 2 seasons of the Lickliter era.
Having an infected boil on your ass lanced should definitely be on your list.

I'd watch Caitlin's Fever games before watching any of those other things. Mostly they seem stupid but it tells me when to put a poster on ignore.

Reactions: herkhatescy
I tried to watch some games for Clark and honestly it’s just a bad product as a whole. Sorry die hard womens fans reason why wnba numbers have struggled for 25+ yrs and it losses $ every year.

If not for being an Iowa fan would’ve continued to care less and never watched a game. But just like I’m a Keegan murray fan still doesn’t entice me to watch his or most non playoff nba games. Different watching Iowa team with Clark vs just her professionally where don’t really care if her team won or loss. Will I check box score? yes, watch games more than a min drive by, no thanks. Lastly in my opinion the wnba has done such an awful job how how they’ve handled Clark. making causal viewers who were Clark fans or liked watching her in college less likely to keep watching and lose interest as the season goes along.

I tried to watch some games for Clark and honestly it’s just a bad product as a whole. Sorry die hard womens fans reason why wnba numbers have struggled for 25+ yrs and it losses $ every year.

If not for being an Iowa fan would’ve continued to care less and never watched a game. But just like I’m a Keegan murray fan still doesn’t entice me to watch his or most non playoff nba games. Different watching Iowa team with Clark vs just her professionally where don’t really care if her team won or loss. Will I check box score? yes, watch games more than a min drive by, no thanks. Lastly in my opinion the wnba has done such an awful job how how they’ve handled Clark. making causal viewers who were Clark fans or liked watching her in college less likely to keep watching and lose interest as the season goes along.
How should the WNBA have handled Clark? She's the absolute poster child for the league and selling out every game. The league can't help the jealousy of other players. Not sure what you're expecting out of this. She was drafted by the worst and probably the youngest team in the league w/a brand new coach.

Reactions: ParkerHawk
1. Watch paint dry
2. Watch grass grow
3. Rewatch every Iowa offensive drive from the 2022-23 seasons
4. Rewatch every Iowa mens bball game from the final 2 seasons of the Lickliter era.
Thought of a few more things I'd rather do than watch the WNBA!

5. Rewatch the 2nd half of UNLV Iowa 1987 NCAA game.
6. Watch a 24 hour live stream of Bret Bielema eating at an Old Country Buffet
7. Watch a 24 hour live stream of Mark Mangino eating at an Old Country Buffet
8. Massage hair growing lotion into PJ Fleck's bald head for an hour

Reactions: BlameIt
How should the WNBA have handled Clark? She's the absolute poster child for the league and selling out every game. The league can't help the jealousy of other players. Not sure what you're expecting out of this. She was drafted by the worst and probably the youngest team in the league w/a brand new coach.
They should tell them to STFU and get with the program. Unfortunately, the cause outweighs the cash for these fools.

• Haha
Reactions: littlez

Front loading her teams schedule against the top teams and playing most games in that span. Their PR dept is a nightmare handling the jealousy of the players especially the first incident with the troll who cheap shot her. How they allow bully ball and officiate games different than freedom of movement in nba. Anyone who watches Fever games with poor product aren’t tuning in to watch non Clark games and numbers have backed that up.

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
You forgot...

5. Go to a women's basketball message board and post about how bored I would be watching women's basketball.
Don't steal my thunder, man.

I'd rather retake my most difficult college course than watch a women's basketball game. It would be less painful.

Thought of a few more things I'd rather do than watch the WNBA!

5. Rewatch the 2nd half of UNLV Iowa 1987 NCAA game.
6. Watch a 24 hour live stream of Bret Bielema eating at an Old Country Buffet
7. Watch a 24 hour live stream of Mark Mangino eating at an Old Country Buffet
8. Massage hair growing lotion into PJ Fleck's bald head for an hour
Regarding number 7, you're talking about him eating the actual restaurant building and all it's contents, right?

• Love
Reactions: BlameIt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT