ADVERTISEMENT

Things - Kent St

you must have had an angle I didn't... I never saw the ball touch the ground.
It was TV replay. Tracy rolled over after going down and camera showed ball touching turf. As I said he seeeed in control. God only knows what replay guy thinks he saw

you must have had an angle I didn't... I never saw the ball touch the ground.
About the only thing I saw, that MAYBE could justify it, is that there was one side angle where it looked like it was possible the ball might have hit the ground, and another from behind where the ball was loose as he fell…but you never saw it hit the ground. I could understand based on those two that they said the call stood rather than confirmed, but to overturn it it requires several logical leaps that I didn’t see supported by the video. Easily one of the most perplexing video review overturns I’ve ever seen. Thank god it didn’t ultimately change the outcome of the game.

Reactions: kceasthawk and F5n5
It was TV replay. Tracy rolled over after going down and camera showed ball touching turf. As I said he seeeed in control. God only knows what replay guy thinks he saw
Yeah, the one angle from behind showed the ball loose in the air while Tracy spun and when he turned around the ball was secured again. I can only guess that the replay guy assumed that the ball HAD to have hit the ground as he spun around.

yeah, glad I am not the only one who thought he was bad....
Watching the replay and it was funny after the deep pass to Ragaini, he said Petras was flexing his muscles after that one. Herron said something like No he's calling for a heavy package, but close. I got a laugh out of that one.

Yeah, the one angle from behind showed the ball loose in the air while Tracy spun and when he turned around the ball was secured again. I can only guess that the replay guy assumed that the ball HAD to have hit the ground as he spun around.
I assume you are referring to this angle... but I just don't see the ball becoming loose until after he hits the ground... even then, its after he has taken 5 steps and it appears to me that his arm is under the ball... and when he regains control, he's still inbounds.

perhaps you can elaborate a little more on what exactly you are seeing.

I assume you are referring to this angle... but I just don't see the ball becoming loose until after he hits the ground... even then, its after he has taken 5 steps and it appears to me that his arm is under the ball... and when he regains control, he's still inbounds.

perhaps you can elaborate a little more on what exactly you are seeing.

It’s the jostle as he spun that’s the ONLY thing I can think of. To be clear, I think this is very clearly a catch. Would love an official explanation from the league on this one.

Love the breakdown. To your very first point about the crowd looking great in gold, does no one think about the competition when setting up these gold out/white out/blackout games? I mean, a gold out when playing the Golden Flashes?
How dare they!!!!................meh, I can't pretend to care.

Thanks Heater - feel free to jump back on the free board now and again! And yes, I made the permanent jump from The Lounge digs to the Free board... haha

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT