ADVERTISEMENT

This is funny!

That is awesome. Once the timeout is over, that player has the right to be anywhere on the floor.

I'm surprised this doesn't happen more during the unofficial timeouts after a player fouls out. As a player, you should already know your own sets without the coach drawing it up for you for the nth time. It would be way more valuable to know how they intend to defend you. Likewise for the defense.

Awesome? I think it's offensive and similar to stealing signs in baseball. He'd get hit by a pitch if this was MLB.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by dawgs_04:
Awesome? I think it's offensive and similar to stealing signs in baseball. He'd get hit by a pitch if this was MLB.

This gave me the visual of an assistant coach smoking the kid with a fastball.

You have an allotted amount of time for your timeout. The official was there trying to break up the huddle. And if it's after a player fouled out, you don't have a right to a timeout. The coach is required to have a new player check in within a specific time frame. If your team is ready for play on time, it's not a problem.

I've also thought that when Iowa plays Illinois or Indiana we should have a play written up to plow into Groce or Crean when they are on the court.

Am I right in presuming that should result in a technical on the coach for being on the floor?

Originally posted by DanL53:

I've also thought that when Iowa plays Illinois or Indiana we should have a play written up to plow into Groce or Crean when they are on the court.

Am I right in presuming that should result in a technical on the coach for being on the floor?

Yes, the key word is SHOULD. My guess is that when Jok plows into Crean, Woodbury would earn a flagrant 1. Followed by a Fran T in less than 1 second.

Originally posted by mthawkeyes:

You have an allotted amount of time for your timeout. The official was there trying to break up the huddle. And if it's after a player fouled out, you don't have a right to a timeout. The coach is required to have a new player check in within a specific time frame. If your team is ready for play on time, it's not a problem.

I don't know what the situation was as I did not see this game. That said, just because the other team is being dbag doesn't mean this player gets to be a dbag. This is not within the spirit of the game.

The mini huddles for 5 seconds before free throws (not talking about when somebody fouls out). Should an opposing player just jump alongside that mini huddle? Nowhere in the rule book that prevents opposing player from that space. It's just an accepted part of the game you don't act like a weasel. Could you imagine doing this to the 90s Pistons? Would got popped in the jaw!

Originally posted by DanL53:

I actually had the same thought when we played them...I'd love to see it.

Originally posted by mthawkeyes:

I don't know what the situation was as I did not see this game. That said, just because the other team is being dbag doesn't mean this player gets to be a dbag. This is not within the spirit of the game.

The mini huddles for 5 seconds before free throws (not talking about when somebody fouls out). Should an opposing player just jump alongside that mini huddle? Nowhere in the rule book that prevents opposing player from that space. It's just an accepted part of the game you don't act like a weasel. Could you imagine doing this to the 90s Pistons? Would got popped in the jaw!

I believe it was Rodney Rogers of Wake Forrest in the 90s that did this to Duke every time they huddled up. He would go stand right in the middle. Finally I think it was Antonio Lang pushed him away and Rogers shoved him back and they T'd up Rogers even though the ref so both pushes. The next time Rogers went to the huddle and the refs told him to step away.

I think there is a rule that certain teams can do things and other teams cannot. I mean if you point to one game of significance in Duke history I bet you I can show you a lopsided called game. They are good but the refs make them better.

A few years ago, Louisville for whatever reason was allowed to hack and hack while going after steals. It was nothing like I had seen before. They would run right through people and it was ignored.

Probably explains why Wisconsin can play so physical and walk away from games with 4 fouls total. If you are known as a physical team you can get away with more fouls because nobody wants to watch 50 free throws every game. So the refs let em play so to speak.

Essentially it's who is doing what that matters not so much what you are doing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT