ADVERTISEMENT

This is the year...

Teams like Iowa that run a fast paced offense naturally give more possesions to the opponent and drops our defensive rating. Go back to the offenses that are like watching paint dry = less possesions and a higher def rating. I'll take our fast tempo anytime.
Defensive rating takes all that into account even with the number of possessions. That being said it does feel like we’re willing to give up a few easy shots in order to keep the pace at what we’d like it.

Reactions: SDHawkDoc
Iowa finally wins the BIG and gets to the final 4--barring any major injuries. Best offense, best 3 point shooting team, best center, and one of the deepest teams.

I thought you were going to say "for a team like Northern Illinois to surprise Iowa"

2021-happy-new-year-gif-min.gif

Iowa finally wins the BIG and gets to the final 4--barring any major injuries. Best offense, best 3 point shooting team, best center, and one of the deepest teams.

This is the group of players that never actually makes it onto the floor together at Iowa.

Something always ruins it.

Yeah watching the rest of college basketball I like our chances. If we can get the effing D rank into the 50s I LOVE our chances
Yes.
Team D doesn't have to be great, just respectable. If they can get it into the 50s after playing a B1G slate, then I also really like their chances come tourney time.

It still takes a bit of luck to win the conference and a lot more luck to win the tournament, but I think this is the team that has the best opportunity to do it my lifetime.

Reactions: wbrhawkeye
B1G is deep. Teams like MSU literally EXPECT conference titles every year. This is our first realistic chance in a while. Illinois is also going to be a very tough out. I want to see how things look in late Jan or early Feb but how can we not like our position at the moment?

As for tourney, I don’t know what to think. Perhaps sweet 16 is a worst case expectation but it’s really going to come down to matchups, whether our 3s are falling, and how many fouls get called on Garza in the first half (kidding, sort of).

I've waited 40 years since Ronnie Lester to win a basketball B1G title. Even If Garzilla and his 3pt gang win this year, I won't be around for the next one...UNLESS......

Reactions: hooper56
This team is really good. We have a good chance to make a deep run in the tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT