ADVERTISEMENT

This Is Why We Need More Bernies

Anyone who claims Sanders is a "radical" should compile a list of his "radical" policy stances. Many of his views are unrealistic in light of the corporate ownership of virtually all facets of our government, but they are policies that exist and work elsewhere to the benefit of the majority of people.

Capitalism has been very good to Bernie Sanders.
I just ordered his latest book. Yes, he's written a few. I'll let you know how he feels about capitalism when I'm actually reading it.

The title notwithstanding, it's quite possible to be angry about capitalism without wanting to completely eliminate it. In fact, if you are a thinking person, it's probably required to be angry about it.

Bernie has done OK. Right wingers like to bitch about his house situation. I guess they don't think he and his wife should have inherited a house from her parents. Otherwise what's wrong with a guy on Senate pay ($174K) having more than 1 house?

Last edited:
I just ordered his latest book. Yes, he's written a few. I'll let you know how he feels about capitalism when I'm actually reading it.

The title notwithstanding, it's quite possible to be angry about capitalism without wanting to completely eliminate it. In fact, if you are a thinking person, it's probably be required to be angry about it.

Bernie has done OK. Right wingers like to bitch about his house situation. I guess they don't think he and his wife should have inherited a house from her parents. Otherwise what's wrong with a guy on Senate pay ($174K) having more than 1 house?

Did he write the book from his Vermont mansion or his lake house?

Sen. Bernie Sanders on "Face the Nation with Margaret Brennan" | full interview

I used to think Bernie was far too extreme, but now think he's exactly what this country needs.
Bingo.

The first time he ran for POTUS I thought he was kind of a nut. But then we elected Donald Trump and discovered what a nut really is.

Ten people in the US are worth a combined $1 trillion. The combined wealth in this country is $111 trillion, But our government is $31 trillion in debt and we have millions and millions of people with very little income and no net worth.

It's good to see Bernie still fighting the good fight.

He’s even too radical for most Democrats and saying something. Kind of funny how Democrats torpedoed his presidential bid twice.

Capitalism has been very good to Bernie Sanders.

Did he write the book from his Vermont mansion or his lake house?

Can you only speak in talking points?

ESW_MUvXkAMvriU

I agree with some of the things Bernie says, social security being one of them. Why cap the amount of taxes paid by people into the system makes no sense for people making over the $160,000 cap, increase it to $1 million cap to get money into the system.

And yes, capitalism has been good to Bernie which isn’t a bad thing. Have no problem with him making money, just like all people that want to try and be successful in this country. I tire of the pay their fair share statement. Change the laws if you don’t think people are paying enough.

Last edited:
I'm really grateful that you keep posting illuminating clips like these. Thanks.

We have a lot of people here who profess to respect Bernie (good) but not to agree with him. I suspect they would agree with him more if they actually see what he stands for.

As he says, 7 days of sick leave is not radical. And sick leave for all employees, not just some, isn't radical.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT