ADVERTISEMENT

This might be a little tougher than Putin thought...

The Russian people will believe it because they want to.
Moscow is different IMO - a higher percentage of well-educated and well-connected citizens. A couple other cities also. They know better.

Vast expanses of rural Russia are a half century behind. They get the propaganda mainlined.

Reactions: mnole03
Moscow is different IMO - a higher percentage of well-educated and well-connected citizens. A couple other cities also. They know better.

Vast expanses of rural Russia are a half century behind. They get the propaganda mainlined.
Russian citizens are cowards and idiots evidently. I will never see them as anything but that from here forward.

Reactions: franklinman
It's a different type of oil domestically with different refinement needed. Our refineries which traditionally have handled foreign oil would need expensive upgrades to refine domestic oil or Canadian oil.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

You're saying that our refineries are not able to refine WTI? I have no idea where you're getting that information (MSNBC?) but you're wrong. Just plain wrong.

Education Material:

Anyone who can speak a second language will know what the rest of the world thinks. I believe that’s why we’re seeing the reaction in St. Petersburg that we are.

Reactions: 86Hawkeye and nu2u
Which countries recognize Transnistria?

Image result for transnistria
Although Transnistria declared independence in 1990, no United Nations member recognises its sovereignty and the region is considered by the UN to be part of Moldova. As of 2011, only Abkhazia, the Republic of Artsakh and South Ossetia recognise its independence, all themselves states with limited recognition.
I believe Transnistria a sex tourism hotspot for “family values” GOP politicians who visit incognito to get their ghey on.

I think we need to.

I will also add people act like a no fly zone is an aggressive move. Far from it, it's a defensive move. His military is the one attaking Ukraine and violating their air space. We are just assisting the Ukrainians in taking control of their air space.

I really don't think Putin will be overthrown.

And we don't need to teach future despots that they can just scare the west away but screaming about their nukes.
My question would be if you are going to protect the airspace why wouldn't you protect the ground? The first forces the second.

My thought is that no rational actor would use nukes if we impose a no fly zone in democratic country he is invading for the sake of expansionism/elimination of democracy, and against which he is committing thousands of war crimes. If Putin is going to use nukes in that situation, he is just going to use them one way or the other, and there never will really be a case where we tell him no. If we don't draw the line here, where is the line?
Patience. This thing is going to drag on until/unless Putin can actually control territory with boots on the ground. He has not come close to doing that in a meaningful way. And then after that (if it happens), he will have an insurgency to deal with. Yes, terrible for civilians, but this is what must occur if Putin is to “win”. I don’t think he can win if this occurs.

Reactions: mnole03 and torbee
I am now firmly on fence about no fly zone. Which shocks me. It’s a tough call but you are dealing with a mad man who just may use nukes. And the problem (or good thing) is he won’t use them on NATO or US. He will nuke Ukraine as the final toddler response of well if I can’t have it, nobody can have it. It really might happen, and sadly, still may even if we don’t enforce it.

So, I still think now is not the time - let’s give the sanctions time to hit and pray we can get to both their military leaders and people.

The one hope I have is the military leadership knows exactly what the **** is going on. They are losing a 1000 guys a day and tons of equipment. On a utter contrived bullshit reason. They know the war reason is a farce. And he is doubling and tripling down and depleting their military. Oh and threatening to use nukes. The Russian military leadership all know they have a mad king. And I do think they are secretly talking with NATO about what to do about it. I really think Putin is going to go down in a military coup once the military and people are on same page.
Just bear in mind, no flies are typically imposed when you have air superiority, and not typically to let two other parties fight it out on the ground.

Reactions: Nole Lou
Like continuing to buy Russian oil when, with a stroke of a pen, could open up enough rigs to get it all domestically. We (the US taxpayers) are needlessly helping fund this war.
At the very least stop buying Russian oil and gas. In fact, I heard the other day on Bloomberg that we haven’t imported any Russian oil and gas so far this year anyway. So just codify it.

At the very least stop buying Russian oil and gas. In fact, I heard the other day on Bloomberg that we haven’t imported any Russian oil and gas so far this year anyway. So just codify it.
If people stop buying Russia oil we will see a spike in oil prices, maybe double what the price is now.

hbk-suck.gif

If people stop buying Russia oil we will see a spike in oil prices, maybe double what the price is now.
Honestly, people have stopped buying Russian oil and gas. That’s why the price is where it is. No one wants to risk the uncertainties of such a purchase, regardless of price.

My question would be if you are going to protect the airspace why wouldn't you protect the ground? The first forces the second.

I'm all for that actually but a no fly zone is a middle ground IMO between full involvement and non involvement of our military forces.

I think when Putin started his buildup we should have called his bluff and put a half a million troops in Ukraine.

Putin was doing this buildup for a long time without mentioning it on Russian state TV. There is a reason for that, he wanted to give himself an out. So he was feeling us out to see if we would stand up to him.

We didn't so then in the last few days Russian state TV starts bombarding his people about how Ukraine is a danger to them and they are run by Nazis.

Honestly, people have stopped buying Russian oil and gas. That’s why the price is where it is. No one wants to risk the uncertainties of such a purchase, regardless of price.

$112 a barrel and we’re all STARTING to care a lot. Pump increases averaged $.22 a gallon overnight. 😧

All I know is Ukraine asked for it, so they must think it will be their advantage.
Of course they would. But we’ve done no flies where people aren’t lighting us up from the ground and where there the c/c radar and air capability is already wiped out. That is not this situation.

Like continuing to buy Russian oil when, with a stroke of a pen, could open up enough rigs to get it all domestically. We (the US taxpayers) are needlessly helping fund this war.
Weren't you one of the people bitching about gasoline prices all winter?

You prepared to pay $6 a gallon?

Or maybe you WANT that to make Biden look bad. Hmmmmmmm.

Usual friggin idiots laughing at your post.
They’re either 20 something millennial dimwits or they’re from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Stop buying Russky oil.

Weren't you one of the people bitching about gasoline prices all winter?

You prepared to pay $6 a gallon?

Or maybe you WANT that to make Biden look bad. Hmmmmmmm.

We’re likely going to $6 gas anyway - and by the way every poll out there shows that a majority of Americans think Joe already looks bad.
But this is about bigger stuff than Joe.

They’re either 20 something millennial dimwits or they’re from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Stop buying Russky oil.
I don’t know that with a stroke of a pen we could dramatically increase production. I’m ready to do what we can, though.

It sucks for the environment, but we need to be energy independent. Oil ties us to the worst people on the planet.

I don’t know that with a stroke of a pen we could dramatically increase production. I’m ready to do what we can, though. It sucks for the environment, but we need to be energy independent. Oil ties us to the worst people on the planet.

Yeah. No kidding-Venezuela is thrilled

Stop buying Russky oil.
If by 20 something dimwits you mean the usual international customer base of trafigura, you would be right.

• Haha
Reactions: Joes Place
Patience. This thing is going to drag on until/unless Putin can actually control territory with boots on the ground. He has not come close to doing that in a meaningful way. And then after that (if it happens), he will have an insurgency to deal with. Yes, terrible for civilians, but this is what must occur if Putin is to “win”. I don’t think he can win if this occurs.
Honestly not sure he has the man power for Urban warfare beyond a couple months. Once seized.

Reactions: torbee
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT