ADVERTISEMENT

This might be a little tougher than Putin thought...

I don’t much care for Russia. I would like to go out on a limb and say they are fuc&ed. It was a bad idea to mess with Ukraine. That’s it. That’s all I got. This is me talking, not the vodka I’m drinking which bye the way was not made in Russia. Glory to Ukraine. May strength and old fashioned good luck be blessed to the nation of Ukraine. And thanks to HORT for all the updates.

Russia confirmed that the ship sank but said only that it had been damaged by “heavy storms” and a fire that caused ammunition on board to detonate. On April 14, the Russian Defense Ministry said all crew members were evacuated. The authorities have not confirmed any dead or wounded.

But several families are now contradicting this claim in Russian media reports and on social media. Social media groups uniting mothers of Russian soldiers deployed in Ukraine are filling up with photos and pleas from parents looking for their missing sons.

Russia confirmed that the ship sank but said only that it had been damaged by “heavy storms” and a fire that caused ammunition on board to detonate. On April 14, the Russian Defense Ministry said all crew members were evacuated. The authorities have not confirmed any dead or wounded.

But several families are now contradicting this claim in Russian media reports and on social media. Social media groups uniting mothers of Russian soldiers deployed in Ukraine are filling up with photos and pleas from parents looking for their missing sons.

This is where the turning point in Russia has to come from. Russian Mothers demanding to know where their kids are. Ukraine needs to keep killing them and keep broadcasting details about them.

"After 9/11, the situation only worsened. The organization had collected too much blood while valuable red cell supplies went unused. The Red Cross also seemed to have more money than necessary. Americans making donations after 9/11 thought, naturally enough, that their money would go to victims of the attacks. Instead, it turned out, the Red Cross routinely set aside money from big disasters in case of future little ones — money for use by local chapters to finance their many smaller needs."

"Then came Katrina. As the world looked on, the Red Cross, once again, stumbled badly......Once more, victims had to wait hours, if not days, for help. Was it New York all over again? Meanwhile, the philanthropic giant among charities seemed unable to assure donors that the nearly $2 billion raised for Katrina victims was being targeted appropriately and used well. Once again, hints of poor accountability, impropriety, and even criminal conduct emerged."

Could be a legitimate grievance.

Reactions: Slappy Pappy
Not really news. Cutting off Ukraine's access to the Black Sea makes them a de facto satellite state. Putin's Wet Dream.
I pray that the West will not allow Ukraine to lose all access to the sea. It should definitely be made clear to Russia that the expansion that the Russian general recently spoke of is not acceptable.

I wonder if there was anything of tactical significance impacted by the flooding.
If you hit military and infrastructure targets, it’ll require tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of troops to guard things going forward.

Speaking to reporters in New Delhi, Johnson said Russian President Vladimir Putin has a “huge army,” but added:

“He has a very difficult political position because he’s made a catastrophic blunder. The only option he now has really is to try to continue to use his appalling, grinding approach led by artillery, trying to grind the Ukrainians down.
He’s very close to securing a land bridge in Mariupol now. The situation is, I’m afraid, unpredictable at this stage. We just have to be realistic about that.”

https://ozarab.media/british-prime-...ic-possibility-russia-may-win-war-in-ukraine/

OTTAWA -
Canada has sent a number of M777 howitzers and ammunition from the Canadian Armed Forces to the Security Forces of Ukraine, fulfilling the prime minister's promise to send heavy artillery to the embattled country.

In a news release Friday, the federal government said it's also provided a “significant number” of Carl Gustaf anti-armour ammunition.

The M777 towed howitzer is capable of hitting targets at a range of up to 30 kilometres, the Department of National Defence said.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT