ADVERTISEMENT

Thought from three seasons ago

87alum87

All-Conference
Aug 28, 2009
Dahinda, IL
Three years ago, it looked like 2020 could be the year for a top BIG finish and a deep tourney run. Those Hawkeye freshman had lots of promise.

2020 could have been led by 5 experienced seniors.

JBo
Moss
Dailey
Cook
Pemsl

But, I'm not sure that starting five would beat the actual 2020 starting five. And thanks to Cordell and Jordan for sticking around!

What could have been!

No wait....really enjoying the ride in 2020.

Three years ago, it looked like 2020 could be the year for a top BIG finish and a deep tourney run. Those Hawkeye freshman had lots of promise.

2020 could have been led by 5 experienced seniors.

JBo
Moss
Dailey
Cook
Pemsl

But, I'm not sure that starting five would beat the actual 2020 starting five. And thanks to Cordell and Jordan for sticking around!

What could have been!

No wait....really enjoying the ride in 2020.

If at any time you thought Dailey would be a big time B10 player, I don’t know what to tell you

If at any time you thought Dailey would be a big time B10 player, I don’t know what to tell you

I don’t know about “Big Time” but I absolutely saw the potential to be a good B10 player.....physically he had the ability. At 6’ 7” and pretty athletic with some skills....yeah. For some guys it just never clicks from a mental and confidence standpoint. That’s the case with Dailey in my opinion.

Reactions: Ronman and hawkosx
I don’t know about “Big Time” but I absolutely saw the potential to be a good B10 player.....physically he had the ability. At 6’ 7” and pretty athletic with some skills....yeah. For some guys it just never clicks from a mental and confidence standpoint. That’s the case with Dailey in my opinion.
Ooh I don't know. Maishe never struck me as anything other than, at best, a low average B1G player. At best.

Bakari Evelyn struggled the first half of the season, but recently he has proven himself to be a WAY more valuable back-up than Maishe Dailey.

Real talk, we might not win the Cincinnati or Minnesota games if we didn't have Bakari.
As the announcers have said in the last couple of games, Iowa is getting solid play right now from its senior bench. Kreiner, Pemsl and Evelyn have all made positive contributions as of late as seniors often do. Realize that Pemsl may return, but he's basically a senior as well.

Reactions: Fran-Con-2
I never saw it.

Bakari Evelyn struggled the first half of the season, but recently he has proven himself to be a WAY more valuable back-up than Maishe Dailey.

Real talk, we might not win the Cincinnati or Minnesota games if we didn't have Bakari.
Iowa played Cincinnati in game #12. Iowa has played 17 hames since then.

I think so, I sure hope so. He’s playing great and he really seems to enjoy playing with his teammates. He could be a starter next year.

Love Cordell coming off the bench bringing his fire and energy. Can't see him in the starting unit.

Maishe was a fallback recruit in 2016 when Charlie Moore opted for Memphis (?) and Christian Vital committed to UConn. Plus, we were always going to always have Conner Mac, and obviously he's shown he's starter quality. And CJF was obviously motivated enough to come here even without a scholarship.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT