ADVERTISEMENT

**Thursday too heavy of conversations music thread**

Man that brings back memories. We almost wore this DVD out back in the day, big ugly hand-me-down speakers and passing a skinny joint in the basement. I think I went to a higher plane of consciousness during Jimmy's Stairway solo once or twice. Achilles is such a beauty too. THE undisputed heavyweight champions of rock n roll!

My friends and I watched it for a year when it came out.

"Since I've Been Loving You" is also an amazing solo!

Reactions: The-Dude-Abides
Man that brings back memories. We almost wore this DVD out back in the day, big ugly hand-me-down speakers and passing a skinny joint in the basement. I think I went to a higher plane of consciousness during Jimmy's Stairway solo once or twice. Achilles is such a beauty too. THE undisputed heavyweight champions of rock n roll!

BTW, check out "ZOSO" if they're touring near you.

I saw them a couple months ago live. Amazing show.

Reactions: The-Dude-Abides
It's weird. Even though I first heard this song only a few years ago, it brings back memories from 20 years ago. Maybe it's just that slow, bluesy guitar sound.

Back when I used to drink a lot (too much) I would make a drink and put on music like this and just sit and get drunk.

It is kind of hypnotic

May not have been the hey day of college music, but I got in at the end. These bands used to tour college towns. Can't tell you how many I saw at the Q Bar or other establishments in Iowa City. Probably one of my best memories of Iowa City.

Back in the early-mid 80s, Bullwinkles was always mobbed when these guys were in town rocking the joint.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT