ADVERTISEMENT

Time for a new regime - the next coach will be:

Bryzzo

Team MVP
Aug 31, 2016
Kirk will stay as long as it take him to get the all time Big 10 wins record, which will most likely be next year.

The fan base has become beyond exhausted by the same excuses and non answers after losing games we should have won.

No one wants to hear the following 3 statements ever again:

1. That's football. We have to move on.
2. We are going to keep doing what we are doing just do it better.
3. We need to execute better.

Iowa is a top half Big 10 program that will never be a top 4 Big 10 football program until Kirk and his stubborn, outdated ideas are gone.

Iowa can still get a top line new coach.

My personal preferences for the next coach:

1. Bob Stoops - don't say it's impossible, give him 10 million a year for 3 years and watch him cook.

2. Chris Klieman - i think he would jump if the offer was rich enough

3. Mark Stoops - probably the most realistic option out there

I'm stuck on one guy right now:
Nate Scheelhaase.

-Young/hungry (33 years old)
-Offensive mindset/playcaller
-Father played for Iowa (Hayden '85 team)
-Born in Davenport
-Developed Iowa H.S. connections through his time at Iowa State
-Knows Campbell (can beat Campbell?)
-Midwesterner (Kansas City H.S. graduate)
-Big Ten guy (Illinois alum)
-Has NFL connections

Kirk will stay as long as it take him to get the all time Big 10 wins record, which will most likely be next year.

The fan base has become beyond exhausted by the same excuses and non answers after losing games we should have won.

Iowa is a top half Big 10 program that will never be a top 4 Big 10 football program until Kirk and his stubborn, outdated ideas are gone.

1. Bob Stoops - don't say it's impossible, give him 10 million a year for 3 years and watch him cook.

Once a prospective replacement coach takes a look at Iowa's NIL commitment the next words out of their mouth is "no thanks".

I don’t want any of the three, but I’d love to get that Vandy coach.

Reactions: BirdistheWord

I'd want someone closer to 40 that can boost recruiting on their age alone.
Also I can't remember what podcast I heard this but Klieman isn't a football lifer and looks at coaching as a normal job. In a few years he may check his bank account and retire.

KF has to go, but Iowa needs to do what Indiana did--find a guy at a lesser program who understands modern football and isn't afraid to commit to two things: winning and entertaining. You never heard of the Indiana coach before he took the job in Bloomington? Of course not. Hell, I don't know his name right now without looking it up, but I do know he took the job and promised to win and entertain from day one. And now he's leading an undefeated football team that has a shot at playing in the Big Ten title game and making the national playoffs--in YEAR ONE at a program that no one cares about and that hasn't been to the Rose Bowl since . . . 1967!

There's a coach out there who could turn things around on a dime in Iowa City. It's Beth's job to find that guy. Hell, maybe give the Indiana guy an offer he can't refuse . . . or at least someone like him.

I'm sick of KF's "developmental program" bullshit and the most ignorant evaluation of offensive talent, QBs in particular, this side of the Milky Way galaxy.

KF has to go, but Iowa needs to do what Indiana did--find a guy at a lesser program who understands modern football and isn't afraid to commit to two things: winning and entertaining. You never heard of the Indiana coach before he took the job in Bloomington? Of course not. Hell, I don't know his name right now without looking it up, but I do know he took the job and promised to win and entertain from day one. And now he's leading an undefeated football team that has a shot at playing in the Big Ten title game and making the national playoffs--in YEAR ONE at a program that no one cares about and that hasn't been to the Rose Bowl since . . . 1967!

There's a coach out there who could turn things around on a dime in Iowa City. It's Beth's job to find that guy. Hell, maybe give the Indiana guy an offer he can't refuse . . . or at least someone like him.

I'm sick of KF's "developmental program" bullshit and the most ignorant evaluation of offensive talent, QBs in particular, this side of the Milky Way galaxy.
The entertaining part gets overlooked by many. And it shouldn't. I love history. But I don't want to watch it for 3+ hours on Saturdays as Iowa attempts to return to football of the 1920s when the forward pass was still a relatively rare thing. 3 yards and a cloud of dust, final scores of 10-7, double digit punts for field position is the opposite of entertaining football.
A loss is a loss, but I'm likely to stay tuned in to a 42-35 game that is back and forth, not so much for a 14-7 slog to the finish.

One year doesn't make a career, I would hold off on crowning him the next Vince Lombardi for a few more years. Let's see what a 5 year stretch at Indiana looks like for him.

The fan base has become beyond exhausted by the lame excuses and non answers after losing games we should have won.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT