ADVERTISEMENT

time for a positive post about this years team

thawk1

Scout Team
May 31, 2015
1st the OL

it will be anchored by a 5th year SR former 4* out of HS Blythe named a FR AA, started at RG and will be a 3rd year starter at Center and for the 2nd year in a row has been named to the Rimmington Award watch list for the nations best Center, his backup is 5th year will be JUCO transfer from IWCC Simmons,

RG will be 5th year SR former 4* Walsh a 3 year starter who got hurt during RSSO year but was a solid starter last year, his backup will be 4th year RSJR Keppy.

until its confirmed Welsh will be manning the LG spot and will be starting for the 2nd straight year. his backup as of now is a RSFR Reynolds at 6'4 300 lbs, I fully expect former 4* RSJR Ward to make a push with him being fully healthy, he can play either Tackle or Guard spots,

RT RSSO Boettger was Scherffs backup at LT and got playing time when Scherff got hurt and playing time can make all the difference in the world, in defense of Boettger he was his HS QB then in his SR year he was his team starting TE, DE and was named 1st team All State as a DE, he also wasa starter on his HS BB team.
hmmm sounds a lot like the 2 before him in Scherff and Reiff, his backup is RSFR Render,

LT RSFR Myers the real rookie on the OL his backup appears to be 4th year RSJR Croston who in the 2013 Soring was listed as the starting RT but was replaced by former 4* 5th year SR Donnal who ended a 4th round NFL pick, now then if RSFR Myers can beat out a 4th RSJR for the starting LT position that has to mean something about his ability. remember this a KF OL we are talking about and BF was taught to be a OL Coach by one of the best OL Coaches PRO or College.

there is a wild card in the mix for playing time on the OL, that is former 4* Army AA Ward, Ward was the Jumbo TE in 2014 with a pair on NFL Tackles the coaches still found a place where he could play, Ward can play both Guard and Tackle positions and at 6'5 290 lbs. that's a pretty solid wild card to have. he was with held from the Spring because of injuries he is reported to be fully healthy going into the summer.

incoming FR 4* Daniels is another player that not just the coaches are high but mods on another site talk about, he can play both Guard spot as well as Center, most are hoping he RS's and will be a 4 year starter at Center when Blythe leaves. this option leaves the coaches with the possible move of Blythe to LG and have Daniels start at center. making the interior looking like this 4* Blythe at LG, 4* Daniels at center and 4* Walsh at RG with former 4* Ward as a key backup for depth at the guards and tackle position,

there is quality depth on the OL, now its a matter of letting them gel with the new starters at the Tackle positions.

looking at how KF took a lowly 3* DE Reiff out of SD and turned him into a 1ST rnd pick and took a lowly 3* Scherff out of IA turning him into the #5 pick overall, I will trust him on who starts on the OL. the running game only gained 2120 total yard but to put into perspective that OB winning team gained 1485 yards rushing. and in 2010 that team gained just 1929 yards, 2008 the Greene year that team gained 2453 yards rushing,

IA has never put up monster numbers rushing

the WR look like this
Smith led the team in receiving yard with 596 yards on 43 catches for a 13.9 ypc
Vandenberg led the team with a 18.5 ypc avg
Hillyer is the teams best blocking and is listed as a backup
Stone a IWCC JUCO transfer is another backup
the newcomers will be these
4* ATH Scheel
Smith a TX top 100 player
Ogwo a TX JR Olympic sprinter
Falconer out of FLA
these 4 will all be pushing for playing time. and are upgrade over past recruits, to those that complain about the lack of offerers for Smith, that is not surprising as he is originally from Canada who played at a prep school to get his academics up to American standards for the NCAA. so Smith was a unknown

the TE's look to be solid again, Duzy will return by Oct by some reports, but look for 4* and rated the 7th best TE in the country by ESPN to push. Kittle a former WR that was coverted to TE looks to be another good one that has played behind some very good TE's.

the QB's CJ has to improve on his decision making a strong arm is 2ndary to having the smarts to be a good QB his backup is 4* RSFR Weiger who by scouting reports can make all the throws and can extend plays with his feet,

the RB's look like this
RSSR Canzeri a player many of you were clamming for to start and get the bulk of the carries.
JR Daniels who should have RS'd but due to injuries had to play
RSSO Wadley got playing time and had his 1st 100+ yard game where he had 106 yards on 16 carries for a 7.1 ypc avg.
RSSO Mitchell a Ath that started out as a WR, me I compare him to Ronnie Harmon who could both run and catch the ball with his ability to line up as a TB/WR or Slot Receiver.
RSSO Parker but he he reportedly is being looked at as a WR, he too is a versatile player as he can line up as a TB, WR or Slot Receiver.
RSFR Hilliard who was to be moved to DB but due to injuries the coaches kept him at RB
incoming FR Graham will RS barring injury.

the offense is nowhere near as bad as the Debbie downers try to make it out to be,

defense to be broken down later.

the football player's are working out this week maybe we will know something about sean welsh this week. I whould think he whould be working out with the team this week.

the football player's are working out this week maybe we will know something about sean welsh this week. I whould think he whould be working out with the team this week.
tumblr_mo8x0r6SaK1r2msu3o1_250.gif

tumblr_mo8x0r6SaK1r2msu3o3_250.gif

Reactions: Ray1125
1st

"RSSO Mitchell a Ath that started out as a WR, me I compare him to Ronnie Harmon who could both run and catch the ball with his ability to line up as a TB/WR or Slot Receiver."

Kilroy, did you really just compare Mitchell to Ronnie Harmon?
How about we wait and see if he plays before we make that comparison. Just because someone is moved from WR to RB doesn't mean they are the next Ronnie Harmon.
Btw, I like how you gushed over guys who have hardly seen the field yet you pretty much skimmed right over CJB who you have constantly thrown under the bus.

Hilliard was supposed to be moved to DB?
yes that was the original idea that he would play safety while his brother would play LB. most were talking about them playing defense together.

ps Ward had supposedly had a shoulder injury, but I suspect that the coaches wanted a look at the younger players sp to avoid further injury he was held out. this happened with Canzeri and Daniels as neither played much.

yes that was the original idea that he would play safety while his brother would play LB. most were talking about them playing defense together.

ps Ward had supposedly had a shoulder injury, but I suspect that the coaches wanted a look at the younger players sp to avoid further injury he was held out. this happened with Canzeri and Daniels as neither played much.

This idea was fabricated by this message board; in which you took part. It was pure speculation on what might get Hilliard's brother to commit to Iowa, a selling point. The only ones talking about them playing defense together were the yahoos on this message board.This came from no one on the Iowa football team or even remotely close to the Iowa program.

This is why no one will ever take you serious. You try to pass crap like this off as some kind of inside info.

Thanks OP for your thoughts. I agree with most. I was not impressed with either Ward or Hilliard this spring. I don't look for either to contribute any time soon. Maybe a position switch is not out of question.

1st the OL

it will be anchored by a 5th year SR former 4* out of HS Blythe named a FR AA, started at RG and will be a 3rd year starter at Center and for the 2nd year in a row has been named to the Rimmington Award watch list for the nations best Center, his backup is 5th year will be JUCO transfer from IWCC Simmons,

RG will be 5th year SR former 4* Walsh a 3 year starter who got hurt during RSSO year but was a solid starter last year, his backup will be 4th year RSJR Keppy.

until its confirmed Welsh will be manning the LG spot and will be starting for the 2nd straight year. his backup as of now is a RSFR Reynolds at 6'4 300 lbs, I fully expect former 4* RSJR Ward to make a push with him being fully healthy, he can play either Tackle or Guard spots,

RT RSSO Boettger was Scherffs backup at LT and got playing time when Scherff got hurt and playing time can make all the difference in the world, in defense of Boettger he was his HS QB then in his SR year he was his team starting TE, DE and was named 1st team All State as a DE, he also wasa starter on his HS BB team.
hmmm sounds a lot like the 2 before him in Scherff and Reiff, his backup is RSFR Render,

LT RSFR Myers the real rookie on the OL his backup appears to be 4th year RSJR Croston who in the 2013 Soring was listed as the starting RT but was replaced by former 4* 5th year SR Donnal who ended a 4th round NFL pick, now then if RSFR Myers can beat out a 4th RSJR for the starting LT position that has to mean something about his ability. remember this a KF OL we are talking about and BF was taught to be a OL Coach by one of the best OL Coaches PRO or College.

there is a wild card in the mix for playing time on the OL, that is former 4* Army AA Ward, Ward was the Jumbo TE in 2014 with a pair on NFL Tackles the coaches still found a place where he could play, Ward can play both Guard and Tackle positions and at 6'5 290 lbs. that's a pretty solid wild card to have. he was with held from the Spring because of injuries he is reported to be fully healthy going into the summer.

incoming FR 4* Daniels is another player that not just the coaches are high but mods on another site talk about, he can play both Guard spot as well as Center, most are hoping he RS's and will be a 4 year starter at Center when Blythe leaves. this option leaves the coaches with the possible move of Blythe to LG and have Daniels start at center. making the interior looking like this 4* Blythe at LG, 4* Daniels at center and 4* Walsh at RG with former 4* Ward as a key backup for depth at the guards and tackle position,

there is quality depth on the OL, now its a matter of letting them gel with the new starters at the Tackle positions.

looking at how KF took a lowly 3* DE Reiff out of SD and turned him into a 1ST rnd pick and took a lowly 3* Scherff out of IA turning him into the #5 pick overall, I will trust him on who starts on the OL. the running game only gained 2120 total yard but to put into perspective that OB winning team gained 1485 yards rushing. and in 2010 that team gained just 1929 yards, 2008 the Greene year that team gained 2453 yards rushing,

the WR look like this
Smith led the team in receiving yard with 596 yards on 43 catches for a 13.9 ypc
Vandenberg led the team with a 18.5 ypc avg
Hillyer is the teams best blocking and is listed as a backup
Stone a IWCC JUCO transfer is another backup
the newcomers will be these
4* ATH Scheel
Smith a TX top 100 player
Ogwo a TX JR Olympic sprinter
Falconer out of FLA
these 4 will all be pushing for playing time. and are upgrade over past recruits, to those that complain about the lack of offerers for Smith, that is not surprising as he is originally from Canada who played at a prep school to get his academics up to American standards for the NCAA. so Smith was a unknown

the TE's look to be solid again, Duzy will return by Oct by some reports, but look for 4* and rated the 7th best TE in the country by ESPN to push. Kittle a former WR that was coverted to TE looks to be another good one that has played behind some very good TE's.

the QB's CJ has to improve on his decision making a strong arm is 2ndary to having the smarts to be a good QB his backup is 4* RSFR Weiger who by scouting reports can make all the throws and can extend plays with his feet,

the RB's look like this
RSSR Canzeri a player many of you were clamming for to start and get the bulk of the carries.
JR Daniels who should have RS'd but due to injuries had to play
RSSO Wadley got playing time and had his 1st 100+ yard game where he had 106 yards on 16 carries for a 7.1 ypc avg.
RSSO Mitchell a Ath that started out as a WR, me I compare him to Ronnie Harmon who could both run and catch the ball with his ability to line up as a TB/WR or Slot Receiver.
RSSO Parker but he he reportedly is being looked at as a WR, he too is a versatile player as he can line up as a TB, WR or Slot Receiver.
RSFR Hilliard who was to be moved to DB but due to injuries the coaches kept him at RB
incoming FR Graham will RS barring injury.

the offense is nowhere near as bad as the Debbie downers try to make it out to be,

defense to be broken down later.
I love it !!!! CJ beat out Kilroy's beloved Jake so all he can do is talk about the backup QB LOL

OP post this yet Iowa suppose to pride itself on tough oline and running game with it's zone blocking pro scheme KF prides himself in. Kind of contradicts himself on the positives of Iowa's offense if he's claiming this.

Also as last poster said comical post on QBs. CJ from all reports in spring ball head and shoulders above Weigers yet refers to these "scouting reports". Funny thing is the comment about making all the throws and extending plays with his feet is exactly the stuff CJ has been complimented on.

We had a good graduation rate this May and I haven't heard any legal issues. We're doing 7-6 the right way guys. Character counts.

Reactions: The Outside Noise
169 days until the end of the 2015 season and an end to a football coaching era.
Greg Davis will be let go to change things up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT