ADVERTISEMENT

Tip of the Cap to Lester

Running game much improved....that wouldn't have happened with another year of BF/KF.

Passing game still poor, but Lester doesn't have his own guy in at QB. McNamara is not very good, just game manager.
WRs little bit better than last year. Lack of talent on OL and WR was all on BF/KF.

Running game much improved....that wouldn't have happened with another year of BF/KF.

Passing game still poor, but Lester doesn't have his own guy in at QB. McNamara is not very good, just game manager.
WRs little bit better than last year. Lack of talent on OL and WR was all on BF/KF.
Make no mistake. Still hurts having no Doyle. He did a lot for the o line outside of the weight room. Last really good line was Boone, Ike, Daniels, etc. since then just been some tremendous players wirfs, linderbaum

Exactly. I like our chances in close games when we are up one score with 4 minutes to go. That running game will be huge. I’d even take 1 first down…lol. I like the fact we have more than just Kaleb at RB and they all bring a unique style.
Our chances should have been good against ISU with the lead, but once again conservative football couldn't gain a first down to put it away.

Lester is definitely an added bonus to the program. It's been refreshing to see what we've all been asking for for years–A offense that is less predictable and some misdirection. Is it a well oiled machine as of today? No, but it's headed in the right direction. Moving forward, Iowa's running game is going to force teams focus on the run which should open up the passing game at some point.

Reactions: PNWHawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT