ADVERTISEMENT

TJ Hall

I think Schulte MAY have been at fault on that second one.
You're correct, though Hall should have drifted deeper in the handoff to Schulte. Schulte was only focused on the left side of the field as that receiver came up. And actually looking at that play in slow motion, It was an amazing play call against our defense because it forced Schulte to decide between one receiver on the left that was actually running through his zone, as opposed to the wide receiver on his right.

We miss Cooper DeJean more than many realize.
Yeah, fans have been spoiled into thinking Phil Parker can just plug in anyone at corner and expect the secondary not to miss a beat.

Phil Parker does a phenomenal job of developing DBs, but even he can’t wave a magic wand from one year to the next.

Reactions: 1stplacehawk
Hall hasn’t played well, but he’s not the only one making mistakes in the secondary. I’ve honestly been the most disappointed in Castro, he’s missed a lot of tackles because he’s not wrapping up. Lots of room for improvement, but I trust Phil to teach them up.

Reactions: MilleGinja
Should probably teach our players to grab when they take the bait hard on these deep routes. Would rather take a penalty.
Last week the announcers were pointing out how much IOWA "sat down" on underneath routes and that they were vulnerable to going long. Eventually ISU caught us. Today it looks like Troy did as well. Phil will coach 'em up hopefully or others will take advantage.

Hall hasn’t played well, but he’s not the only one making mistakes in the secondary. I’ve honestly been the most disappointed in Castro, he’s missed a lot of tackles because he’s not wrapping up. Lots of room for improvement, but I trust Phil to teach them up.
Iowa’s defense has been very “commercial” to date. Nothing exceptional. The biggest disappointment has to be the secondary. They have been exploited, schooled and exposed big time the past couple of weeks. I’m watching Indiana right now…thank God they aren’t on the schedule!

Last week the announcers were pointing out how much IOWA "sat down" on underneath routes and that they were vulnerable to going long. Eventually ISU caught us. Today it looks like Troy did as well. Phil will coach 'em up hopefully or others will take advantage.
sad. Troy torched Iowa’s secondary and special teams. Would suggest this will be a very difficult season

You're correct, though Hall should have drifted deeper in the handoff to Schulte. Schulte was only focused on the left side of the field as that receiver came up. And actually looking at that play in slow motion, It was an amazing play call against our defense because it forced Schulte to decide between one receiver on the left that was actually running through his zone, as opposed to the wide receiver on his right.
Don't think so Schulte was responsible for the guy running over the middle. Hill bit on that guy and Hill's guy runs right by him.

burnt-toast-2.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT