ADVERTISEMENT

Today's Ohio GOP Senate primary...

MitchLL

HR Legend
Dec 26, 2018
DeWine supporting Dolan while Trump has endorsed Moreno.

Some think this is a test of Trump's influence.

Unknown to many, seems Ohio Democrats are monetarily supporting Moreno because they think he'll be easier to beat in November.
Just watch the Radical Right touting a Trump win should Moreno prevail.

Reactions: EasyHawk and Torg
Perfect illustration of why politics are stupid in just a few sentences.

Democrats: “The Republican Party needs to rid itself of Donald Trump.”

Also Democrats: Financially supporting Trump-endorsed candidates.

Thanks for nothing, guys.

Democrats: “The Republican Party needs to rid itself of Donald Trump.”

Also Democrats: Financially supporting Trump-endorsed candidates.

Thanks for nothing, guys.
The intent here seems pretty obvious...Ohio Dems feel Moreno will be more polarizing and easier to defeat.
In a world of radical MAGA policy, this is good for Merica.

The intent here seems pretty obvious...Ohio Dems feel Moreno will be more polarizing and easier to defeat.
In a world of radical MAGA policy, this is good for Merica.
Promoting Trump-endorsed candidates over anti-Trump candidates because you think they will be easier to beat in the general election is not better for America. It’s better for the Democratic Party.

Rejecting and opposing Trump-endorsed candidates at every turn would be better for America.

Last edited:
Promoting Trump-endorsed candidates over anti-Trump candidates because you think they will easier to beat in the general election is not better for America. It’s better for the Democratic Party.

Rejecting and opposing Trump-endorsed candidates at every turn would be better for America.
100% agree, but it appears 75% of the Republican Party and 40% of Merican voters won't do it.

100% agree, but it appears 75% of the Republican Party and 40% of Merican voters won't do it.
I’ll say this for Trump - he has made voting much less time-consuming for me. I was never a single-issue voter before Trump. But now I have a simple litmus test that I apply. If a candidate is endorsed by Trump or has actively sought Trump’s endorsement or their campaign attempts to align with Trump then I automatically vote for their opponent.

I know very little about Moreno or Dolan. And in the past I would have spent some time researching their positions on various issues. But all I need to know is that Trump endorses Moreno and DeWine endorses Dolan. So I will be stopping at my polling location after work to cast a vote for Dolan.

I’ll say this for Trump - he has made voting much less time-consuming for me. I was never a single-issue voter before Trump. But now I have a simple litmus test that I apply. If a candidate is endorsed by Trump or has actively sought Trump’s endorsement or their campaign attempts to align with Trump then I automatically vote for their opponent.

I know very little about Moreno or Dolan. And in the past I would have spent some time researching their positions on various issues. But all I need to know is that Trump endorses Moreno and DeWine endorses Dolan. So I will be stopping at my polling location after work to cast a vote for Dolan.
Didn't realize you are a Ohio resident.

Is the Dem incumbent a decent legislator?

Smart move. The Dems feel people like you are an outlier and that the majority don’t bother to research the candidates and their positions, only being concerned about who’s endorsing whom. They also seem confident that a Trump endorsement is a poisoned pill come election time. We’re going to find out if they’re correct in thinking so.

Reactions: TJ8869
Didn't realize you are a Ohio resident.

Is the Dem incumbent a decent legislator?
Brown seems like a decent guy. He votes in line with Biden nearly 99% of the time, which is a little high for my liking. But I’ll be voting for him anyway in the general if Moreno wins the GOP nomination.

Promoting Trump-endorsed candidates over anti-Trump candidates because you think they will easier to beat in the general election is not better for America. It’s better for the Democratic Party.

That is one thing I've been finding most disappointing about the Dems. They constantly look at Trump's extremism as "how can we swing this to our advantage?" rather than trying to protect the country.

That said I feel like that only applies if there is a candidate with a chance to win in the primary that is openly anti-trump. If they all love Trump than you might as well back the craziest and most easy to beat one.

Reactions: MitchLL

It starts with those who vote. Maybe Rs should reject MAGA first.

I'm voting straight Dem for the foreseeable future, and I hate that it's come to that

That is one thing I've been finding most disappointing about the Dems. They constantly look at Trump's extremism as "how can we swing this to our advantage?" rather than trying to protect the country.

That said I feel like that only applies if there is a candidate with a chance to win in the primary that is openly anti-trump. If they all love Trump than you might as well back the craziest and most easy to beat one.
I don't agree with this. I think basically all they are doing is trying to protect the country from MAGA. If swinging Trump's authoritarian tendencies to their advantage, that's still trying to keep us the type of nation our military members have fought and died for. MAGA wanting a dictator is all they are trying to stop.

Reactions: MitchLL

There's a distinction between 'democrats' and people who work for the party.
The party works to get their choice elected.
I won't spend any money to help a MAGA win a primary, but I understand the reasoning of the party operatives. I don't like it, but I understand it.

I don't agree with this. I think basically all they are doing is trying to protect the country from MAGA. If swinging Trump's authoritarian tendencies to their advantage, that's still trying to keep us the type of nation our military members have fought and died for. MAGA wanting a dictator is all they are trying to stop.

Ok but if there is an anti-trump Republican or an old school Republican in the race and the Dems push the scales to help Trump's guy, they are potentially damaging the country because there is always a chance that they could lose the general election and put the pro-Trump guy in office. That's not good for America.

I know in Michigan there are 2 anti-Trump Republicans running for senate there. IDK what the Dems in Michigan are doing but it would piss me off greatly if they were trying to tip the scales towards a Trump guy. That's not good for the country.

There's a distinction between 'democrats' and people who work for the party.
The party works to get their choice elected.
I won't spend any money to help a MAGA win a primary, but I understand the reasoning of the party operatives. I don't like it, but I understand it.

I understand it in terms of trying to help the party win but that should take a backseat to what could permanently harm the country. If for some reason the Dems help that person win the primary than they go win the general election and that person casts a deciding vote to throw out some Electoral votes when another Republican candidate might not have done so, the Dems just helped destroy the country and our democracy because they thought they might benefit in the short term.

Because once that Rubicon of throwing out electoral votes is crossed, Democracy in this country is over. Because it will be done again and again and again. It will become as common and widespread as gerrymandering and will confirm to the politicians that what the people say really doesn't matter anymore.

And some people wonder what damage DJT has done to this country?

He has driven a wedge that might take decades to fix.

You either love him or hate him. There is no "in between".

Reactions: Tom Paris
the office gay GIF

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT