ADVERTISEMENT

Today's Signings for Iowa

Better playmaker than ISM in your opinion?
I think he is stronger and adds more a versatile player than ISM. He did both in High school and has the yards to prove it. He will be a difference maker, I hope I'm right. Cuz with him and ISM and Easley and Smith. That's a good 4 deep. With Cooper and Nico and maybe Lockett getting some reps.

Your mouth to gods ear buddy. Dont sleep on Cooper this year, I think his role expands alot and supposedly he is FAST.
That he is...didn't see too many reps last year but there was a story/video from Land of 10 last year with clips and dude has some good wheels. Threw his HS team on his back several times and all he did was make plays...I know every D1 team is saying this about their class today but Hawkeye D is going to be a handful for a long time. If, If, If, we can even move to an above average grade on the outside at WR we'd be much better off. But yes, I do like WRs 1-5 and we have some playmakers there.

That he is...didn't see too many reps last year but there was a story/video from Land of 10 last year with clips and dude has some good wheels. Threw his HS team on his back several times and all he did was make plays...I know every D1 team is saying this about their class today but Hawkeye D is going to be a handful for a long time. If, If, If, we can even move to an above average grade on the outside at WR we'd be much better off. But yes, I do like WRs 1-5 and we have some playmakers there.

They are building it and what I like is the standard has not fallen elsewhere. It does say something about previous years misses. Looking at that receiving core now there are options. To speak coach speak.... We need to catch the Ball.

The 22 signees:

DVdMvPhVMAABRbU.jpg

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
You guys ended up with a very good looking class. I have heard great things about Nixon and McDonald. They will be beasts.

My only question is if we have landed enough playmakers on the outside. I'm not sold, but there is some potential there
What we need, as much as anything, is consistency from our play-makers. ISM and Fant both flashed a ton of potential in '17 ... but they had plenty of missed opportunities too.

If both the aforementioned guys make the requisite strides ... then that already will help our O. Combine that with the fact that Easley will invariably improve too ... and there are other young guys who have the potential to contribute in '18 like ISM did in '17 ... we're looking at having an upgraded passing game.

As others have said ... I'm very excited about Tracy future ... and guys like Cooper and Brandon Smith are definitely capable of carving out bigger roles from themselves too.

I like this class ... a lot ... I think it was Kelvin Bell who said in an interview this class is "physically" more mature ... guys with bodies who could play early ... I like the make up of this team ... Stars aside, many of the kids we signed were also being courted by the big boys ... I'm especially liking the look of our defense for years to come. Holy cow ...
I'm too lazy to look it up, who were the one's courted by the big boys ?

Reactions: Circa2002hawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT