ADVERTISEMENT

New Story Top 2018 RB Markese Stepp talks Iowa visit

Apr 8, 2003
Top 2018 RB visits Iowa
Blair Sanderson | Editor

umsigc0x63yu7sni1kie

Markese Stepp and family with Iowa head coach Kirk Ferentz during his visit on Sunday.

After rushing for 1,300 yards and 17 touchdowns as a sophomore at Indianapolis Cathedral, Markese Stepp is clearly one of the top 2018 running backs in the Midwest. The 6-foot-0, 205-pound Stepp has picked up nine early offers this winter, including one from the Iowa Hawkeyes, who had him on campus this weekend for a junior day visit. We caught up with Stepp to talk about the trip, his interest in Iowa, and more.

Q: How was the visit to Iowa today?

STEPP: It was great.

Q: What were the highlights for you?

STEPP: The first thing that impressed me were the facilities. They probably have the best facilities I have ever seen. The weight room is huge.

Q: Who did you talk with coaching wise and what did they have to say?

STEPP: I watched film one on one with Coach Chris White, the running backs coach. I also had a one on one meeting with Coach Kirk Ferentz. We just talked about life outside of football mostly. I was very impressed with the stability of the program since Coach Ferentz has been there for 17 years

Q: Leaving there today, what was your overall first impression?

STEPP: After leaving today, I know that something great is happening there in Iowa City with the football team.

Q: What is next for you recruiting wise? More visits?

STEPP: I don't have any more vists planned right now.

Q: How do you approach the whole recruiting process this early being a Class of 2018 prospect?

STEPP: I just try to learn about each school and how I would fit there and also do they provide good academics.

Currently, Stepp holds scholarship offers from Iowa, Notre Dame, Michigan State, Tennessee, Illinois, Indiana, Purdue, Cincinnati, and Syracuse.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News