ADVERTISEMENT

Top 3 hobbies?

ButtersHawk

HB All-American
Nov 23, 2021
What do you guys all like to do when you're not rage masturbating over Trump and Kamala? Imagine you decided to take a day off of punching holes in your wall and crying over political HBOT threads, what would you do?

For me I'd go
1. Golf
2. Outdoor Cooking
3. Legos with the kids

Honorable Mention: Yard Work

1. Snowboarding/skiing
2. Hiking
3. Mountain biking or paddle boarding.

However. I have 3 teenagers. So, right now, hustling kids around to school and all their activities is my main hobby.

1. Snowboarding/skiing
2. Hiking
3. Mountain biking or paddle boarding.

However. I have 3 teenagers. So, right now, hustling kids around to school and all their activities is my main hobby.
Is there something similar to a runner's high with biking? Seems a ton of posters here do it and I never found the appeal.

Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP
Fixing/maintenance things (OPE, vehicles, my boat/cabin, electronics below, etc)
Electronics (collecting old school stereo equipment, computers, etc)
Learning new skills

As I age, I am slowing down some physically - but I try to stay "occupied" and active as much as possible. And being the poorest bastard on this board means I have to be as self-sufficient as possible, getting as much use/mileage out of what I do own as I can.

You are NEVER too old to learn new stuff.

Gardening. I think it picked it up as a pandemic hobby that stuck with me

Reading. Usually always have a book going.

Hunting/fishing. Love to get out into nature.

Starting to look into getting into hiking, I think that would be something I'd enjoy

Reactions: ButtersHawk
Is there something similar to a runner's high with biking? Seems a ton of posters here do it and I never found the appeal.
Unlike running, you can ride a bike all day everyday and not get sore. It’s low impact exercise.

Also, bar hopping on a nice bike trial system is about as entertaining as it gets.

I think I would enjoy fishing, but don’t really know anybody that does it. I need to work on that.

It was
1. Playing softball
2. Watching sports
3. Golfing

I don't play ball anymore so I guess shooting pool moves into top 3

1. Exercise (Weight lifting, outdoor cardio)
2. Smoking/grilling delicious meats
3. Fishin'

Honorable Mention: Washing the vehicles. I enjoy washing and cleaning out my truck

Electronics (collecting old school stereo equipment, computers, etc)

Define old school stereo equipment.

How old is old?

I've got a pair of Klipsch Forte II's along with the Academy center channel. Have a pair of wall speakers too but those aren't as old.

Have an Onkyo receiver and cd exchanger.

My son wanted to take my speakers to college but his dorm room is just too small.

That would have been pretty cool though as I bought mine in college.

Define old school stereo equipment.

How old is old?

I've got a pair of Klipsch Forte II's along with the Academy center channel. Have a pair of wall speakers too but those aren't as old.

Have an Onkyo receiver and cd exchanger.

My son wanted to take my speakers to college but his dorm room is just too small.

That would have been pretty cool though as I bought mine in college.
Klipsch speakers truly are the real deal. I bought my pair back in 1979, and they still blast out a great sound.

May explain why my neighbors don't seem to like me.

Reactions: h-hawk
Tend to fluctuate over time but here’s the current line up:
1. Smoking meat
2. Iowa football
3. Finding delicious beers

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT