ADVERTISEMENT

Top Democrat in tight Senate race backs citizenship, voting rights for millions of illegal immigrants

Maryland Rep. David Trone says illegal immigrants should 'have all the rights' US citizens have:​

So for some unknown reason, this piqued my curiosity, and I actually took a look, which I rarely do at Fox pieces as they're not among my universe of news sources from which I triangulate.

A few thoughts...
1. To be clear, this guy's still in a primary.
2. His actual position seems to be that the Dreamers ought to be made citizens, by which they'd get voting rights. What to do with Dreamers is a perfectly fair subject to debate.
3. It's a trap. Now they'll show up to the polls, thinking it's the law, and be arrested.
4. Perhaps what was most interesting was that it caused me to goggle non-citizen suffrage, and while it is quite rare at the national level among democracies, but not uncommon at the subnational level. In the interest of federalism and states as labs for democracies, perhaps a few states that are "more tolerant" of illegal immigration should try this experiment with their state and local offices.

Reactions: cigaretteman
So for some unknown reason, this piqued my curiosity, and I actually took a look, which I rarely do at Fox pieces as they're not among my universe of news sources from which I triangulate.

A few thoughts...
1. To be clear, this guy's still in a primary.
2. His actual position seems to be that the Dreamers ought to be made citizens, by which they'd get voting rights. What to do with Dreamers is a perfectly fair subject to debate.
3. It's a trap. Now they'll show up to the polls, thinking it's the law, and be arrested.
4. Perhaps what was most interesting was that it caused me to goggle non-citizen suffrage, and while it is quite rare at the national level among democracies, but not uncommon at the subnational level. In the interest of federalism and states as labs for democracies, perhaps a few states that are "more tolerant" of illegal immigration should try this experiment with their state and local offices.
Deflect much?

now that's comedy.
I love the fact that chickenshit_4_a_day has blocked me. He hates being continually reminded of his support for Lying Donnie Sexual Abuser's horrendous comments that our dead servicemen members in Europe were "losers and suckers". Rather than face that fact and support his despicable position, he slinks away and hides from it. Hense his real handle of chickenshit_4_a_ day. The Coward. I guess when the chickenshit can't handle the heat, he bails out of the kitchen.

Reactions: cigaretteman
I love the fact that chickenshit_4_a_day has blocked me. He hates being continually reminded of his support for Lying Donnie Sexual Abuser's horrendous comments that our dead servicemen members in Europe were "losers and suckers". Rather than face that fact and support his despicable position, he slinks away and hides from it. Hense his real handle of chickenshit_4_a_ day. The Coward. I guess when the chickenshit can't handle the heat, he bails out of the kitchen.
I'm decidedly to the right of most people here, but (i) I try to act as though I am a guest and to use the word "you" as little as i can, (ii) I value this board as a mechanism to triangulate the information I process from a number of sources on a daily basis, and (iii) I kinda hate trolls on both sides who just post a bunch of silly clutter memes.

I'm not much for calling people names (notwithstanding my Dr Strangelove comment to Brian, who I otherwise like, in another thread), but I have no problem calling this sort of thing out.

Dear MD, Dems and jo,

Ervin here should definitely be voting in all of our elections!! I bet he has some real nasty Dreamer dreams!!

Wow, chickenshit for a day seems real obsessed. I hope his parents get him some help sometime. And also works to change his mind that our dead service members in Europe were not "losers and suckers", like he and Lying Donnie Sexual Abuser said they were. Deplorable. ☹️

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT