ADVERTISEMENT

Travesty

JerseyCityHawki

HR All-American
Oct 28, 2019
Hackensack, New Jersey
I mean this is a joke Iowa is 6-1 wne not even mentioned in BR’s top 25 lol

1. The Pac-12 heavyweight clash between undefeated Washington and undefeated Oregon lived up to the hype on Saturday, with Michael Penix Jr. and the Huskies emerging victorious and raising their national profile in the process.
    Meanwhile, College Football Playoff hopefuls Michigan, Ohio State, Florida State and Penn State won by a combined 197-17 margin as the gap between defending champion Georgia and the rest of the nation's top-tier teams has all but vanished.
    With four different matchups of ranked teams and a handful of upsets at the bottom half of the rankings, there was plenty of opportunity for shuffling across the college football landscape this weekend.
    Here's how Bleacher Report's college football writing staff—David Kenyon, Adam Kramer, Morgan Moriarty, Joel Reuter and Brad Shepard—view the top 25 teams in the nation after Week 7 action:
    1. Michigan
    2. Georgia
    3. Ohio State
    T-4. Oklahoma
    T-4. Washington
    6. Penn State
    7. Florida State
    8. Texas
    9. North Carolina
    10. Oregon
    11. Alabama
    12. Ole Miss
    13. Utah
    14. Oregon State
    15. Tennessee
    T-16. Notre Dame
    T-16. USC
    18. LSU
    19. Missouri
    20. Louisville
    T-21. UCLA
    T-21. Air Force
    23. James Madison
    24. Tulane
    25. Washington State

1. The Pac-12 heavyweight clash between undefeated Washington and undefeated Oregon lived up to the hype on Saturday, with Michael Penix Jr. and the Huskies emerging victorious and raising their national profile in the process.
    Meanwhile, College Football Playoff hopefuls Michigan, Ohio State, Florida State and Penn State won by a combined 197-17 margin as the gap between defending champion Georgia and the rest of the nation's top-tier teams has all but vanished.
    With four different matchups of ranked teams and a handful of upsets at the bottom half of the rankings, there was plenty of opportunity for shuffling across the college football landscape this weekend.
    Here's how Bleacher Report's college football writing staff—David Kenyon, Adam Kramer, Morgan Moriarty, Joel Reuter and Brad Shepard—view the top 25 teams in the nation after Week 7 action:
    1. Michigan
    2. Georgia
    3. Ohio State
    T-4. Oklahoma
    T-4. Washington
    6. Penn State
    7. Florida State
    8. Texas
    9. North Carolina
    10. Oregon
    11. Alabama
    12. Ole Miss
    13. Utah
    14. Oregon State
    15. Tennessee
    T-16. Notre Dame
    T-16. USC
    18. LSU
    19. Missouri
    20. Louisville
    T-21. UCLA
    T-21. Air Force
    23. James Madison
    24. Tulane
    25. Washington State
Washington State still at 25? They just lost at home to Arizona, 44-6? Can you imagine the Hawkeye Report message board if a ranked Iowa team gave up 44 points at home? North Carolina is 6-0 and has played one fricking road game. (at 2-4 Pitt) Predict a 3-3 finish for the Tar heels.

Gotta think the AP will have us ranked. Yes, our schedule is beyond pathetic outside of PSU and WI, but that win at WI was legit, albeit hideous statistically. Can’t leave the favorite to win the mighty Big Ten West out of the rankings at this point!💪🏻

Gotta think the AP will have us ranked. Yes, our schedule is beyond pathetic outside of PSU and WI, but that win at WI was legit, albeit hideous statistically. Can’t leave the favorite to win the mighty Big Ten West out of the rankings at this point!💪🏻
We rushed for over 200 yards ( Iowa's win-loss percentage when rushing for over 100 yards is over 95%), we were plus two in turnover margin. Just because our passing game wasn't good, we did move the ball enough to score 13 points. Our defense shut down Wisky's rushing game and held them to two field goal, excellent stats. Our special teams were outstanding. +50 yards punting, Tory flipped the field all day. 2-2 field goals. Outstanding stats. That is a formula for winning football.

We rushed for over 200 yards ( Iowa's win-loss percentage when rushing for over 100 yards is over 95%), we were plus two in turnover margin. Just because our passing game wasn't good, we did move the ball enough to score 13 points. Our defense shut down Wisky's rushing game and held them to two field goal, excellent stats. Our special teams were outstanding. +50 yards punting, Tory flipped the field all day. 2-2 field goals. Outstanding stats. That is a formula for winning football.
“We did move the ball enough to score 13 points.”

That’s just sad and embarrassing.

The Big 10 west is considered MAC level by these voters.

It really doesn't matter, Iowa will win the west. Probably not do well in Big 10 title game. Play in an NY6 bowl

It is what it is. Not a big deal really.

The old cliche "An ugly win is better than a pretty loss" should hang as a banner in the lockeroom. And I mean that as a badge of honor.

For you to be disappointed with that terrific team win at Camp Randle is sad. You are an embarrassment as a fan.
At what point did I say I was disappointed in the win? It was a great defensive effort, supported by great special teams plays, and sprinkled in a couple of offensive plays plays to allow us to win.

The statement that we “moved the ball” is misleading though. We broke a 80+ yard run (well blocked, but the Wisky defenders also helped us by not properly fitting in their gaps) Our 2 field goal drives were a whopping 28 and 17 yard drives with one first down each. We still only averaged 4 yards per carry with an 82 yard run in there. We didn’t dominate the LOS like some of our posters are contending.

It really doesn't matter, Iowa will win the west. Probably not do well in Big 10 title game. Play in an NY6 bowl

The old cliche "An ugly win is better than a pretty loss" should hang as a banner in the lockeroom. And I mean that as a badge of honor.
Omg closet Nebby fan

The win at Ames is starting to look really good as well.

Reactions: Torg
At what point did I say I was disappointed in the win? It was a great defensive effort, supported by great special teams plays, and sprinkled in a couple of offensive plays plays to allow us to win.

The statement that we “moved the ball” is misleading though. We broke a 80+ yard run (well blocked, but the Wisky defenders also helped us by not properly fitting in their gaps) Our 2 field goal drives were a whopping 28 and 17 yard drives with one first down each. We still only averaged 4 yards per carry with an 82 yard run in there. We didn’t dominate the LOS like some of our posters are contending.
Wow, if their defenders hadn't helped us, we wouldn't have gotten that big run. I saw really good zone blocking and Large had a huge block to spring him. Williams had over 170 yards rushing, so he had 90+ in the game in addition to the long run. O-Line must have blocked pretty well.

I'll take 6-1

1. Michigan
    2. Georgia
    3. Ohio State
    T-4. Oklahoma
    T-4. Washington
    6. Penn State
    7. Florida State
    8. Texas
    9. North Carolina
    10. Oregon
    11. Alabama
    12. Ole Miss
    13. Utah
    14. Oregon State
    15. Tennessee
    T-16. Notre Dame
    T-16. USC
    18. LSU
    19. Missouri
    20. Louisville
    T-21. UCLA
    T-21. Air Force
    23. James Madison
    24. Tulane
    25. Washington State
They know the team is going nowhere with this travesty of an OC.

1. Michigan
    2. Georgia
    3. Ohio State
    T-4. Oklahoma
    T-4. Washington
    6. Penn State
    7. Florida State
    8. Texas
    9. North Carolina
    10. Oregon
    11. Alabama
    12. Ole Miss
    13. Utah
    14. Oregon State
    15. Tennessee
    T-16. Notre Dame
    T-16. USC
    18. LSU
    19. Missouri
    20. Louisville
    T-21. UCLA
    T-21. Air Force
    23. James Madison
    24. Tulane
    25. Washington State
BR is a joke anyway.,
Iowa should be ranked when the AP poll comes out. Whether they should is debatable…

Yep, and the entire country will whine about Iowa. Then they’ll beat Ole Miss 13-10 in the Cotton Bowl, because Ole Miss was too stupid kick any field goals on 4th down from the 8.

The national media is starting to hold the conference against Michigan, OSU and PSU. In their defense yeah everyone outside of those three teams has looked terrible this season. The B1G is way down this year. Yet Michigan, OSU and PSU are looking like three of the most balanced teams in all of college football. The Iowa offense is embarrassingly bad and KF and BF deserve the national mockery they are getting. When punting is winning its a fun joke but does the program no favors. With all the national mockery the Iowa defense doesn't deserve to be overshadowed by it. It sucks the mere mention of Iowa brings out all the mockery and scorn but the defense doesn't get its credit. Even if Iowa is largely shielded by one of if not the easiest power 5 schedule. Iowa's only top 25 opponent ended in embarrassment.

The national media is starting to hold the conference against Michigan, OSU and PSU. In their defense yeah everyone outside of those three teams has looked terrible this season. The B1G is way down this year. Yet Michigan, OSU and PSU are looking like three of the most balanced teams in all of college football. The Iowa offense is embarrassingly bad and KF and BF deserve the national mockery they are getting. When punting is winning it’s a fun joke but does the program no favors. With all the national mockery the Iowa defense doesn't deserve to be overshadowed by it. It sucks the mere mention of Iowa brings out all the mockery and scorn but the defense doesn't get its credit. Even if Iowa is largely shielded by one of if not the easiest power 5 schedule. Iowa's only top 25 opponent ended in embarrassment.
Fvck em.

And what powerhouses did WI beat to accumulate those four wins? Together we have 10 wins without a quality opponent among them.
I'm not sure you can say this at this point. The ISU win in Ames is starting to look like a better each week they win in the Big 12.

We do have 2 wins on the road against 2 power 5 schools in Wisconsin and ISU that have winning records.

The national media is starting to hold the conference against Michigan, OSU and PSU. In their defense yeah everyone outside of those three teams has looked terrible this season. The B1G is way down this year. Yet Michigan, OSU and PSU are looking like three of the most balanced teams in all of college football. The Iowa offense is embarrassingly bad and KF and BF deserve the national mockery they are getting. When punting is winning its a fun joke but does the program no favors. With all the national mockery the Iowa defense doesn't deserve to be overshadowed by it. It sucks the mere mention of Iowa brings out all the mockery and scorn but the defense doesn't get its credit. Even if Iowa is largely shielded by one of if not the easiest power 5 schedule. Iowa's only top 25 opponent ended in embarrassment.
I think those 3 are really good.
OSU win against the Irish looks even better based on last night.

I mean aside from the PAC 12 aren't all the P5 conference really top heavy.

Big 10 has 3, SEC has 2. Big 12 2, ACC might be a bit deeper.

That stupid contract of Brian's only feeds the narrative, unfortunately. Along with their ineptness

Exactly! We were good in all phases of the game except passing. That’s a recipe for success almost always. Even our pass protection was decent.

I can understand why people (mainly fans) consider us a crappy team when 2 of our 3 units seem elite. Or at the very least very good. If our offense and special teams were elite with a crappy defense we would have all sorts of positive attention. There is more to football than offense. I’d love for us to score 40 points a game but this year that isn’t in the cards.

It wouldn't surprise me if every game is a one possession game. The margin of error is razor thin. Iowa should have won the division last year. I want Iowa to be playing on December 2nd, but I realize there are plenty of stumbling blocks especially when you consider injuries.

For you to be disappointed with that terrific team win at Camp Randle is sad. You are an embarrassment as a fan.
I am actually impressed by a lot of things I saw on Saturday, but I understand his point. And I sure hope the players and coaches are working hard with the mindset of wanting to score more than 13 (offensive) points. I suspect they are.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT