ADVERTISEMENT

Trevor Lawrence took Brandon Scherff to Waffle House to celebrate Jacksonville’s win

This. I bet OP doesn't even know what "covered and smothered" means.
tommy-boy-chris-farley.gif

Folks usually put butter or maple syrup on grits. I learned that by going to Shoney's and Cracker Barrel back in the day. Plus, my Mom grew up in the south during the great depression and grits were a breakfast staple for her growing up. She never tasted hash brown potatoes until she came to Iowa to teach at Coe College in CR during WWII.

Table grits come from white corn while brewers grits come from yellow corn and are an ingredient in Busch Light beer.

Butter and cheddar cheese in obscenely large quantities topped with two eggs over easy which are then chopped into the grits. It then becomes what is known as Georgia Ice Cream. Served with sausage patties and homemade biscuits.
That was my Daddy’s Sunday special after Church. 😋

Yours Truly has never ever set foot in a WH in my entire life. It just seems like a place you’d go at 2AM when you’re sloshed.
Only times I've ever been. We also have something called Huddle House around here which is as good or better.

First time I went to a Waffle House was on a Christmas morning. I knew they never closed but didn’t think they’d be busy on Christmas. I was wrong- waitress told me it’s their busiest day of the year. This was in Liberty, MO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT