ADVERTISEMENT

Truck Battery

It the only thing I still buy from Walmart. They are the only batteries I have never had issues with.

Reactions: Moral
It the only thing I still buy from Walmart. They are the only batteries I have never had issues with.
from what I hear, from talking to car/ battery peeps, I think there are only two makers of batteries in the world. so all are from one of the two sources but with different labels. one is something like penn something or other. the other might be exide or something or other. I dunno but they are basically poor quality nowadays. I thought about trying maybe exide brand next time. I think I have seen them at home depot of all places. tractor supply has some nice batteries sometimes as well. but lately tractor supply has been going through changes as well.
I used to have good luck with continental brand batteries but I do not see them as often any longer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fan In Black
Just bought one for my truck. Old one was from 2018. I doubt the new one will last that long.

from what I hear, from talking to car/ battery peeps, I think there are only two makers of batteries in the world. so all are from one of the two sources but with different labels. one is something like penn something or other. the other might be exide or something or other. I dunno but they are basically poor quality nowadays. I thought about trying maybe exide brand next time. I think I have seen them at home depot of all places. tractor supply has some nice batteries sometimes as well. but lately tractor supply has been going through changes as well.
I used to have good luck with continental brand batteries but I do not see them as often any longer.
Johnson Controls makes a lot of the battery brands and yes many are exactly the same with a different label.

I’ve done well with Costco/Interstate and Autozone/Duralast Gold batteries.

Johnson Controls makes a lot of the battery brands and yes many are exactly the same with a different label.

I’ve done well with Costco/Interstate and Autozone/Duralast Gold batteries.

Buy from whomever will give you the best warranty. Costco is currently 36 months and I haven't found anyone who has anything longer.

Reactions: Moral and QChawks
My Toyota truck needed jumped weekend before last. It's a 2011 with the original battery in it....185,000 miles on it. Didn't eff around a got a new one last week. Good timing before this weather rolled in !

Reactions: Moral
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT