ADVERTISEMENT

Trump calls whistleblower ‘a disgrace to our country’

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
10:40 a.m.: Trump calls whistleblower ‘a disgrace to our country’

Trump called the whistleblower whose complaint sparked the impeachment inquiry “a disgrace to our country” and said his lawyer should be sued “maybe for treason” as he continued to talk to reporters outside the White House.

Trump and fellow Republicans have stepped up attacks on the anonymous U.S. intelligence official in recent weeks as they seek to discredit the inquiry.

The president and his allies have also seized on 2017 tweets written by Mark S. Zaid, one of the whistleblower’s lawyers, in which he predicted Trump would be impeached.

Trump also continued his attacks on House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam B. Schiff (D-Calif.), calling them “corrupt politicians.”

Trump called Schiff, who is leading the inquiry, “a double-corrupt politician”

AD
“He’s as corrupt as you’ll ever see,” Trump claimed.

“He looks all over, tries to find people who don’t like Trump and puts them up” as witnesses, Trump said.

10:30 a.m.: Trump says House shouldn’t be holding public hearings

Trump said that the House should not be holding public hearings next week and suggested again that he would release a transcript of an April phone call that he had with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.

Speaking to reporters as he left the White House, Trump called the impeachment inquiry “a hoax.”

“They shouldn’t be having public hearings,” Trump said.

Trump’s July call with Zelensky has been at the heart of the impeachment inquiry. The White House previously pledged to release the transcript of a call in April, shortly after Zelensky was elected.

“I will give it if they want it, I’ll give it to them,” Trump told reporters. “I’m okay with releasing it. It doesn’t bother me. I know what I said; it was fine.”

AD
He later added that he doesn’t “like doing it because it’s such a bad precedent.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...1e67dc-01b2-11ea-8501-2a7123a38c58_story.html

ows_157298032091153.jpg

My favorite part is him saying they shouldn't hold public hearings...

So it's a witchhunt and a farce when they hold closed hearings, but when they move to public hearings he doesn't want them to do that either. It's almost like he's worried about something...

Reactions: cigaretteman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT