ADVERTISEMENT

Trump Promises To Cut ALL Taxes On Tips

Scruddy

HR Heisman
Mar 18, 2021

Absolutely love this idea and the people who will benefit most are far from the mega wealthy that the far left claims are the only people he will help.

I also feel nobody below the age of 18 should pay a penny in taxes either. If you're not old enough to vote then you shouldn't have to pay. Taxation without representation and all that.

raf,750x1000,075,t,101010:01c5ca27c6.jpg

Idiotic decision
Make business owners pay their labor costs. The government forcing the cost of labor on consumers is unacceptable. If a business can not survive without government suckling, then it is not sustainable and should close.
A gratuity should be for outstanding service, not a part of a person's wage.

Why shouldn't the consumer pay the cost of labor?

I think y'all are missing who they're trying to appeal to with this:

I'm not sure why you edited a relevant portion of your response, but to further explain, it is idiotic for the government to allow businesses to pay less than the minimum wage because their business model forces the consumer to pay for the labor independent of the cost of the good sold.

Reactions: Ree4
I'm not sure why you edited a relevant portion of your response, but to further explain, it is idiotic for the government to allow businesses to pay less than the minimum wage because their business model forces the consumer to pay for the labor independent of the cost of the good sold.

If the enterprise is profitable the consumer is always bearing the cost of labor.
If the enterprise isn't profitable wages consume the company's capital and it vanishes. That's why companies shed staff when they get a whiff of a downturn in business.
If you try to put the cost of labor on the government (which minimum wage doesn't do, it just creates unemployment for some part of the lowest skilled), businesses can't re-allocate labor to where demand would otherwise indicate it should go.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
If the enterprise is profitable the consumer is always bearing the cost of labor.
If the enterprise isn't profitable wages consume the company's capital and it vanishes. That's why companies shed staff when they get a whiff of a downturn in business.
If you try to put the cost of labor on the government (which minimum wage doesn't do, it just creates unemployment for some part of the lowest skilled), businesses can't re-allocate labor to where demand would otherwise indicate it should go.

I agree with everything you stated; why do you feel it is a good practice for the government to have a different wage requirement for waiters?

Will this allow Trump to keep all the proceeds from government records that he decided to sell to his friends in Moscow and Peking? Or might it provide Trump a “back door” appeal on his New York business fraud convictions……all 34 of them?

I agree with everything you stated; why do you feel it is a good practice for the government to have a different wage requirement for waiters?
I don't.
I think this is pandering to single women, a demographic Trump has enormous room to improve.

Reactions: jasonrann
I don't.
I think this is pandering to single women, a demographic Trump has enormous room to improve.

Agreed, but that is not relevant to the discussion about the government forcing a portion of labor costs onto consumers.

Just another handout to the wealthy waiters and bathroom attendants. When will it end?
Talk to some of your students. Kids pull down serious coin with tips. Kids at the two best eating establishments in our small town are pulling in $25 per hour on the low end.

Absolutely love this idea and the people who will benefit most are far from the mega wealthy that the far left claims are the only people he will help.

I also feel nobody below the age of 18 should pay a penny in taxes either. If you're not old enough to vote then you shouldn't have to pay. Taxation without representation and all that.

I will believe that when I see his healthcare plan.

Trump would have to lobby congress to pass that and he has shown in the past that he doesn't care about any issue other than immigration, trade, and increasing his own power.

Cutting taxes on tips...this is a horrible idea.

Really bad. Not as bad as leaving the border open, but probably almost as damaging in the long run UNLESS there are some strict guardrails on it.

"Contractor gave me a great price on my house and the quality was worth MUCH more so I gave him a massive tip to be sure he got what it was worth!"

Idiotic decision
Make business owners pay their labor costs. The government forcing the cost of labor on consumers is unacceptable. If a business can not survive without government suckling, then it is not sustainable and should close.
okay, but what the h3!! does that have to do with not having to pay taxes on tips? They are two separate issues.

Idiotic decision
If this were actually a possibility, I'd be all for it. Pay for what you get, eliminate the tipping.

That bell isn't getting unrung though. Tipping is here to stay and it isn't going anywhere.

Trump's idea is not a "decision," but it's idiotic for other reasons. The primary I see is that it's going to open up all kinds of industries to "tipping" that have never included tipping before, and all the revenue and expense implications of that to everyone in the chain, from the consumer to the government.

Idiotic decision

So tell us that you're a terrible tipper without telling us that you're a terrible tipper...

Agreed, but that is not relevant to the discussion about the government forcing a portion of labor costs onto consumers.
Consumers bear labor costs of any profitable endeavor, if they don’t the cost of labor consumes the capital and the enterprise vanishes in bankruptcy, freeing up the labor for another entrepreneur to try and find profitable employment.
The government doesn't force labor costs onto consumers - reality does in the market.
Why should consumers be able to force any of their labor costs onto the government?

Reactions: Rifler
Need a law where 10, 15, and 20 percent options are on first screen of hand held payment systems.

Frankly a tip screen when I order at the counter just pisses me off.

Reactions: SB_SB
Need a law where 10, 15, and 20 percent options are on first screen of hand held payment systems.

Frankly a tip screen when I order at the counter just pisses me off.
I reserved a hotel room the other day and it asked if I wanted to pre-tip the staff.

Consumers bear labor costs of any profitable endeavor, if they don’t the cost of labor consumes the capital and the enterprise vanishes in bankruptcy, freeing up the labor for another entrepreneur to try and find profitable employment.
The government doesn't force labor costs onto consumers - reality does in the market.
Why should consumers be able to force any of their labor costs onto the government?

Does the government allow waiters to be paid a lower direct wage?

So tell us that you're a terrible tipper without telling us that you're a terrible tipper...

I tip very well; tipping does not bother me, and I want to tip for good service.
Unnecessary government interference bothers me; creating a minimum wage and then creating a different minimum wage because those workers may receive tips is unnecessary bureaucracy.
I am aware you big govt fans like them in every part of your life I just find it ridiculous that we have two different government rules concerning minimum wage and now someone wants to add in more government regulations to fix a problem the government created.

Reactions: goldmom
Does the government allow waiters to be paid a lower direct wage?
They do, but the consumer bears the cost of what they're going to consume from any profitable enterprise.

If the establishment bans tips, do you think the consumer somehow avoids paying for the cost of labor in providing what they consume?

Reactions: Scruddy
I tip very well; tipping does not bother me, and I want to tip for good service.
Unnecessary government interference bothers me; creating a minimum wage and then creating a different minimum wage because those workers may receive tips is unnecessary bureaucracy.
I am aware you big govt fans like them in every part of your life I just find it ridiculous that we have two different government rules concerning minimum wage and now someone wants to add in more government regulations to fix a problem the government created.

I do agree that the sub minimum wage is stupid and should be eliminated...

Having worked in food service years ago I have to say the idea of tip incentives is way more lucrative than what an employer would fork over as a fixed hourly rate. No taxes on tips is a game changer and as a consumer I'm financing the business regardless so this idea of "transferring responsibility" is just silly. And as a consumer I'd personally prefer all the money I give to someone as a tip to go to them. The government doesn't deserve shit and would only waste that percentage anyways

I find both situations disheartening. Anyone with a brain should. I know I'm asking a lot of HORT here.

As it is, you have to vote for the orbit of these two. The choice is obvious.
My decision is based purely on results. Was I better off after 4 years of Trump or after 4 years of Biden. It isn't even close.

I also feel nobody below the age of 18 should pay a penny in taxes either.

I don't do very many kid returns, but the MAJORITY of tax returns I do for kids result in zero tax. Which is why I tell parents to make sure nothing gets withheld, otherwise they have to file a return to get any withholding back.

Just an FYI.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT