ADVERTISEMENT

Trump Promises To Cut ALL Taxes On Tips

I don’t understand why this would be a bad idea. Make it illegal to withhold CC fees from servers tips also, that’s stupid

**I understand the current model is stupid - paying servers $2 /hr, but in the interim I don’t see why this is bad.

I don't.
I think this is pandering to single women, a demographic Trump has enormous room to improve.
what she said yes GIF by TipsyElves.com

Reactions: TennNole17
More proof of your incompetence.
You took the bait, congratulations. I never said which president's first term was better for my family and me. But you already know which president's policies resulted in the better situation and that is what drives you and the left crazy. I'm at least big enough to admit Trump's polices were superior and that is why I'm voting for him this November. You won't allow yourself to compare the two terms because if you did, your answer would be the same as mine.

You took the bait, congratulations. I never said which president's first term was better for my family and me. But you already know which president's policies resulted in the better situation and that is what drives you and the left crazy. I'm at least big enough to admit Trump's polices were superior and that is why I'm voting for him this November. You won't allow yourself to compare the two terms because if you did, your answer would be the same as mine.
LOL - you simply exposed your idiocy. If you were better off in 2020 than you are now you have been massively incompetent from a financial perspective.

• Haha
Reactions: abby97
I don't do very many kid returns, but the MAJORITY of tax returns I do for kids result in zero tax. Which is why I tell parents to make sure nothing gets withheld, otherwise they have to file a return to get any withholding back.

Just an FYI.
Zero tax as in a wash at the end of year or they paid literally zero into taxes at all?

Zero tax as in a wash at the end of year or they paid literally zero into taxes at all?

Other than FICA, most kids pay zero income tax.

Example:

Kid makes $6k on a W-2. There's $220 of Federal withholding. They end up getting a $220 refund.

If they're not taxed on tips, then I should be able to deduct the tip from my taxes.

Other than FICA, most kids pay zero income tax.

Example:

Kid makes $6k on a W-2. There's $220 of Federal withholding. They end up getting a $220 refund.
I love what I'm reading but have one last question, if you don't mind. Does your kid declare themself as a dependent or do you claim them as far as taxes go?

Absolutely love this idea and the people who will benefit most are far from the mega wealthy that the far left claims are the only people he will help.

I also feel nobody below the age of 18 should pay a penny in taxes either. If you're not old enough to vote then you shouldn't have to pay. Taxation without representation and all that.
Under what mechanism of government will he use to cut federal tip taxes?

What trump policies helped you and your family?

I was doing better in 2020 than I was in 2016, and similarly, doing better now than I was in 2020. I don't work for the federal government, so the sitting president has very little to do with my overall success.

• Haha
Reactions: abby97
Idiotic decision
Make business owners pay their labor costs. The government forcing the cost of labor on consumers is unacceptable. If a business can not survive without government suckling, then it is not sustainable and should close.
A gratuity should be for outstanding service, not a part of a person's wage.
I don't.
I think this is pandering to single women, a demographic Trump has enormous room to improve.
Sounds like another desperate idea to garner a few votes.
So, Kamala is an idiot trying to buy the votes of single women with this desperate idiotic ploy? I don’t really agree.

So, Kamala is an idiot trying to buy the votes of single women with this desperate idiotic ploy? I don’t really agree.

It is good to see Harris finally put out a policy position, weird though she just copied one of Trumps.

Kamala Chameleon's first policy is literally a copy and paste of what Trump did first. Amazing. Especially ironic given this admin moved to hire 87,000 new IRS agents and one of their key focuses was to ensure waiters, etc are paying taxes on 100% of their tips.

It is good to see Harris finally put out a policy position, weird though she just copied one of Trumps.
She has put many out and this one is in addition. Trump put out an idea, not a policy. What she has put out has definition and regulation to prevent it from being abused. Trump had none of that.

• Haha
Reactions: HIWILLE
Idiotic decision
Make business owners pay their labor costs. The government forcing the cost of labor on consumers is unacceptable. If a business can not survive without government suckling, then it is not sustainable and should close.
A gratuity should be for outstanding service, not a part of a person's wage.
At the present time it is structured as part of his wage ... the IRS treats it that way. They simply assume that all people in certain industries receive tips and they assess taxes accordingly whether those people actually receive those tips or not.

I believe that in Nevada all servers and others (bar tenders, Taxi drivers, valets, Uber drivers,) are assessed a tax on 15% of their sales/bookings, etc. If you stiff your waiter, you are actually costing her/him money as he/she still has to pay taxes on what you were expected by the government to pay. I am not sure if this applies to Starbucks Window attendants or to fast food in general. ... but the deep state actually has people who negotiate this with various companies, unions, etc.

It shows up on your W-2 so it must be part of a structured pay system. I imagine that the IRS must have thousands and thousands of people auditing/negotiating/collecting this money.

I do agree with you that tips SHOULD be for excellent service. The IRS uses a different framework.

Kamala Chameleon's first policy is literally a copy and paste of what Trump did first. Amazing. Especially ironic given this admin moved to hire 87,000 new IRS agents and one of their key focuses was to ensure waiters, etc are paying taxes on 100% of their tips.
First policy only if you are too ignorant to recognize the other policy proposals already out there. I'm certain that's the case with you.

Likewise with your comment on the IRS. The majority of them are IT workers and replacements for those who will leave over the next ten years. The new agents will have a heightened focus on high earners who are not paying the taxes they owe.

I'm giving you credit for just being ignorant here. If that's not the case you're simply a liar.

• Haha
Reactions: HIWILLE
Having worked in food service years ago I have to say the idea of tip incentives is way more lucrative than what an employer would fork over as a fixed hourly rate. No taxes on tips is a game changer and as a consumer I'm financing the business regardless so this idea of "transferring responsibility" is just silly. And as a consumer I'd personally prefer all the money I give to someone as a tip to go to them. The government doesn't deserve shit and would only waste that percentage anyways
Bro, this is like your best post ever.

• Love
Reactions: HIWILLE and Scruddy
Having worked in food service years ago I have to say the idea of tip incentives is way more lucrative than what an employer would fork over as a fixed hourly rate. No taxes on tips is a game changer and as a consumer I'm financing the business regardless so this idea of "transferring responsibility" is just silly. And as a consumer I'd personally prefer all the money I give to someone as a tip to go to them. The government doesn't deserve shit and would only waste that percentage anyways
I wonder how many IRS agents are assigned to enforcing the collection of taxes on tips?

... and to the enforcement and collection of withholding taxes on tips? I bet it is a huge and expensive effort.

I wonder how many IRS agents are assigned to enforcing the collection of taxes on tips?

... and to the enforcement and collection of withholding taxes on tips? I bet it is a huge and expensive effort.
I can promise you (i.e.) that servers in restaurants have always lied about the tips they have received when they record them for taxable purposes. I know, shocking, but to your point about the impracticality of it.

Reactions: Titus Andronicus
Considering she just got the endorsement of the Culinary Union...yeah, weird.

JFC
Yeah but the only new policy position she has is literally a copy and paste of what Trump already said. It's extra funny bc Kamala was behind 87,000 new irs agents with a priority focus on getting more tax revenue out of tip income. I doubt many servers are even part of the culinary union btw

Yeah but the only new policy position she has is literally a copy and paste of what Trump already said. It's extra funny bc Kamala was behind 87,000 new irs agents with a priority focus on getting more tax revenue out of tip income. I doubt many servers are even part of the culinary union btw
It's much more refined than what Trump proposed. You're wrong.

Your claim about 87K IRS hires over 10 years being primarily focused on getting revenue from tip imcome is false. You're either ignorant or a liar.

It's much more refined than what Trump proposed. You're wrong.

Your claim about 87K IRS hires over 10 years being primarily focused on getting revenue from tip imcome is false. You're either ignorant or a liar.
How is it more refined as a plan? Please be very specific. You're coping massively on the irs agent stuff lmfao

How is it more refined as a plan? Please be very specific. You're coping massively on the irs agent stuff lmfao
Income and job limits to prevent abuse. I'm correcting your ignorance/lies on the IRS agent stuff.

You're a dumb ****.

You know damn well that the "primary focus" of the IRS plan wasn't going after tip income.

And a quick Google search of Culinary Union 226 shows servers are union members.

You look pretty foolish making statements that are so easy to disprove.
But, hey...you do you.

Income and job limits to prevent abuse. I'm correcting your ignorance/lies on the IRS agent stuff.

You're a dumb ****.
Lolol you and mitch are such clowns the reality is harris is part of the administration that is spending billions to go after tax revenue and tips were a focus of said policy. It is fun to see you cheer for a Trump idea now that Harris has come out in favor of it. "Blue no matter who" though lmfao

Tge 87k new agents ( most replace retired IRS employees) are to assist existing IRS agents in ligations vs.IRS filings that are in litigation or heading towards Court, it isn’t to “catch” service workers…it to chase down and investigate tax frauds and tax cheats, you dumb shit!

Lolol you and mitch are such clowns the reality is harris is part of the administration that is spending billions to go after tax revenue and tips were a focus of said policy. It is fun to see you cheer for a Trump idea now that Harris has come out in favor of it. "Blue no matter who" though lmfao
Do candidates have to always have opposing views????

Cause that's what you're suggesting.
IMO, all Harris did was announce her position.
In this case, the Culinary Union announced an endorsement for Harris in conjunction with her trip to Vegas. That tells me they already knew her stance.
To use your hypothesis, both candidates had similar policy and the Union chose KH.
Obviously you're upset they didn't endorse your boy!
More of these to come as the Harris train rolls down the track.

How it started:

How it's going:
Again....Harris already had the endorsement, it just wasn't announced.
You people have been screaming about policy positions for a couple weeks now.
Are you really surprised that unions support Democrats?

The Dems didn't just suddenly take this stance. This was no desperate decision to garner votes.
Fail, be better.

Reactions: RileyHawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT