ADVERTISEMENT

Trump Prosecutor Fani Willis Under Investigation for Allegedly ‘Colluding’ with J6 Committee!

RicoSuave102954

HR All-American
Jul 17, 2023
Montezuma, Iowa
House Judiciary Chairman Jim Jordan and GOP Rep. Barry Loudermilk have initiated an inquiry into Fulton County, Georgia, District Attorney Fani Willis over potential collusion with the House select committee that investigated the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol incident.

They are seeking documents and communications between Willis’s office and the Jan. 6 panel, concerned about the politically motivated prosecution of former President Donald Trump.

“We are in possession of a letter, dated December 17, 2021, and enclosed herein, from you to Rep. Bennie G. Thompson, Chairman of the partisan January 6 Select Committee, requesting access to congressional ‘records that may be relevant to our criminal investigation,’” Jordan wrote.

“Specifically, you asked Rep. Thompson for access to ‘record [sic] includ[ing] but … not limited to recordings and transcripts of witness interviews and depositions, electronic and print records of communications, and records of travel,’” he added.

“You even offered that you and your staff were eager to travel to Washington, D.C, to ‘meet with investigators in person’ and to receive these records ‘any time’ between January 31, 2022, and February 25, 2022.”

“Although it is not clear what records, you obtained from your coordination with the partisan January 6 Select Committee, this new information raises additional questions relevant to the Committee’s oversight of your politically motivated prosecution of a former President of the United States and several former senior federal officials.”

The “partisan January 6 Select Committee had a troubling track record of procedural abuses and due process violations.”

“It only solicited evidence from a select set of relevant individuals, ignored exculpatory evidence, and did not pursue witnesses with evidence that would not advance its partisan narrative,” Jordan said.

“It fabricated and publicly released doctored evidence. It cherrypicked selective information to create false and misleading public narratives.”

“To the extent that your politically motivated prosecutions are now relying in any way on records obtained from the partisan January 6 Select Committee, it only reinforces concerns about your commitment to due process and whether you have fulfilled your obligations to properly disclose this material,” Jordan wrote.

“This new information raises questions about Willis’ and Thompson’s commitment to due process, and whether House Rules were violated when the Select Committee failed to properly disclose this material,” Rep. Barry Loudermilk wrote.

“We have serious concerns about this behavior and we are seeking the truth,” he added.

This is not the first time Jordan has investigated Willis in connection with her case against Trump and others, and the inquiry raises questions about due process and potential House Rules violations.

“Ms. Willis’s indictment and prosecution implicate substantial federal interests, and the circumstances surrounding her actions raise serious concerns about whether such actions are politically motivated,” the House Judiciary Committee wrote at the time.

Could Willis allegations sink Trump case? Legal experts weigh in​

The allegations are salacious: arguably the most famous district attorney in the country hired her romantic partner to help prosecute a former president and then profited from the arrangement.

But, if true, will they derail the election interference case against Donald Trump?

Legal experts were split on whether the claims could have far-reaching implications into the high-stakes racketeering case. But some said they could be personally problematic for Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis, who is at the center of the storm.
The motion, filed Monday by Trump co-defendant Michael Roman, alleged that Willis and special prosecutor Nathan Wade “have been engaged in an improper, clandestine personal relationship during the pendency of this case.” It also contended that Wade had paid for lavish vacations that he and Willis took with the money his law office was paid for his work on the election interference case.

Some experts thought these allegations could complicate, or even stymie, the case against the former president, while others in the legal community dismissed the idea.

Former DeKalb County District Attorney Bob Wilson declined to comment on the allegations but said DAs, particularly those pursuing such a high-profile case like the Trump prosecution, have to be exceedingly careful.

“Everything you do must be done according to the law,” said Wilson, now a private attorney. “Everyone who works on a case like this must conduct themselves at the highest professional level. Otherwise, you can become the issue and that can derail your case.”

In her motion, Roman’s lawyer, Ashleigh Merchant, questioned Wade’s qualifications, saying she could find no proof he had ever prosecuted a felony case. On Tuesday, Cobb County officials said he briefly worked as an assistant solicitor in the Cobb Solicitor’s Office, which prosecutes misdemeanors, in 1999.

The accusations also raise questions of whether Willis allegedly violated any ethics policies.

Just a few blocks away from the Fulton courthouse, at the state Capitol, Republican state lawmakers on Tuesday used the fresh claims to renew a push for more prosecutorial oversight. And Trump crowed about the claims on Truth Social, his media platform.

Andrew Fleischman, a criminal defense attorney in Atlanta, said if the allegations are true the arrangement would be a clear violation of the State Bar of Georgia’s code of ethics for lawyers.

“If you are giving money to somebody who appears to be unqualified, and they are giving you some of that money back in the form of summer vacations, then you’re financially benefiting from your prosecution,” he said. “That’s a conflict of interest.”

Reactions: Scruddy and goldmom
1*L6enAyEQO0nJLZdMRfs1Fg@2x.jpeg

The revelation was made as part of a motion to get Willis disqualified and the case tossed”

Now that is funny!

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
House Judiciary Chairman Jim Jordan and GOP Rep. Barry Loudermilk have initiated an inquiry into Fulton County, Georgia, District Attorney Fani Willis over potential collusion with the House select committee that investigated the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol incident.

They are seeking documents and communications between Willis’s office and the Jan. 6 panel, concerned about the politically motivated prosecution of former President Donald Trump.

“We are in possession of a letter, dated December 17, 2021, and enclosed herein, from you to Rep. Bennie G. Thompson, Chairman of the partisan January 6 Select Committee, requesting access to congressional ‘records that may be relevant to our criminal investigation,’” Jordan wrote.

“Specifically, you asked Rep. Thompson for access to ‘record [sic] includ[ing] but … not limited to recordings and transcripts of witness interviews and depositions, electronic and print records of communications, and records of travel,’” he added.

“You even offered that you and your staff were eager to travel to Washington, D.C, to ‘meet with investigators in person’ and to receive these records ‘any time’ between January 31, 2022, and February 25, 2022.”

“Although it is not clear what records, you obtained from your coordination with the partisan January 6 Select Committee, this new information raises additional questions relevant to the Committee’s oversight of your politically motivated prosecution of a former President of the United States and several former senior federal officials.”

The “partisan January 6 Select Committee had a troubling track record of procedural abuses and due process violations.”

“It only solicited evidence from a select set of relevant individuals, ignored exculpatory evidence, and did not pursue witnesses with evidence that would not advance its partisan narrative,” Jordan said.

“It fabricated and publicly released doctored evidence. It cherrypicked selective information to create false and misleading public narratives.”

“To the extent that your politically motivated prosecutions are now relying in any way on records obtained from the partisan January 6 Select Committee, it only reinforces concerns about your commitment to due process and whether you have fulfilled your obligations to properly disclose this material,” Jordan wrote.

“This new information raises questions about Willis’ and Thompson’s commitment to due process, and whether House Rules were violated when the Select Committee failed to properly disclose this material,” Rep. Barry Loudermilk wrote.

“We have serious concerns about this behavior and we are seeking the truth,” he added.

This is not the first time Jordan has investigated Willis in connection with her case against Trump and others, and the inquiry raises questions about due process and potential House Rules violations.

“Ms. Willis’s indictment and prosecution implicate substantial federal interests, and the circumstances surrounding her actions raise serious concerns about whether such actions are politically motivated,” the House Judiciary Committee wrote at the time.

This whole thing sounds like a confession to what they are doing with the Hunter Biden stuff. I'm betting this is just one big exercise in projection again from Jordan. There might actually be a letter because of course a prosecutor is going to ask the federal government for information about someone from the federal government trying to overturn their state election. The rest sounds like a bunch of made up bullshit and with the group making the accusations, until they can show otherwise, you always have to believe they are full of shit first.

I have to say, I'm pretty disappointed to see these reports come out.

I was empaneled for a grand jury for Fulton county for months in 2022. I had a generally positive impression of Wells. While I didn't have any interaction with her other than her giving us a welcome speech the first day, I left with a very positive impression of the DA operation. The prosecutors that did interact with us, the processes, etc, were very solid. The staff we interacted with seemed very competent.

Obviously, she's a Democrat and I'm fairly conservative, so we'd never see eye to eye on most things politically, but given the crackpot, pro-crime DAs that so many coastal big cities have been saddled with, I really thought that Atlanta was lucky to have a moderate, pragmatic, competent DA in that position. Sad, but can never be surprised, to find out she's just another corrupt pol.

These are quite serious allegations and need to be investigated immediately. There is no valid reason to downplay this behavior.

• Haha
Reactions: SocraticIshmael

These are quite serious allegations and need to be investigated immediately. There is no valid reason to downplay this behavior.
Yes, they are very serious and all of these court cases are nothing but political in nature.

The American public is very aware of the weaponization of both the DOJ and FBI by both Biden and Obama to squash political opponents.

This election is about our democracy and we need to be successful to stop the Democrats and their ilk from destroying our democracy.

On a side note, Fanni Willis is going ahead with the trial and hang trump's fat ass.

Reactions: Torg
On a side note, Fanni Willis is going ahead with the trial and hang trump's fat ass.
Link? I’m sure there’s plenty available, I just wanted to see if you’ve learned how to post them yet.

Link? I’m sure there’s plenty available, I just wanted to see if you’ve learned how to post them yet.

Hate to disappoint you based on your recent responses to other on here, it wouldn't do any good.

For the record, if she broke the law, she should be held accountable.

That said, when I saw Jim Jordan is making the accusations and says he has "proof", I tend to pause. It has been their MO to go after those going after Trump. It just muddies the waters and confuses the facts and smears her name. Probably a good move. But I don't think if she was found to have violated the law, or was otherwise off the case, that the case against Trump goes away.

Jordan doesn't list any crimes, just accusations of things that COULD have happened. Seems that if you're going to "collude" with the J6 committee, sending a formal letter that would become public isn't a great way to do it covertly.

For the record, if she broke the law, she should be held accountable.

That said, when I saw Jim Jordan is making the accusations and says he has "proof", I tend to pause. It has been their MO to go after those going after Trump. It just muddies the waters and confuses the facts and smears her name. Probably a good move. But I don't think if she was found to have violated the law, or was otherwise off the case, that the case against Trump goes away.

Jordan doesn't list any crimes, just accusations of things that COULD have happened. Seems that if you're going to "collude" with the J6 committee, sending a formal letter that would become public isn't a great way to do it covertly.
Jordan isn’t the only one making the accusations. Plus, it’s Fulton County. Shit hole

Reactions: RicoSuave102954
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT