ADVERTISEMENT

Trump stops at Front Street Pub and Eatery, calls Miller-Meeks' GOP opponent 'very good man'

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
ARAH WATSON
A Davenport Republican running for Congress and several of his supporters asked former President Donald Trump for his endorsement during a campaign stop at Front Street Pub and Eatery in Davenport on Tuesday.
David Pautsch, a religious and conservative minister from Davenport, is challenging the district’s current representative, Mariannette Miller-Meeks, from the party’s right flank.
Following the filming of a Fox News town hall with pundit Sean Hannity, Trump stopped at the downtown Davenport pub and restaurant, and spoke with a few dozen supporters, including Pautsch.
At Front Street, Trump shook Pautsch’s hand and the two spoke for several minutes. Trump floated endorsing in the race, but stopped short of pledging his support for Pautsch.

One person from the crowd responded, “please, we need your endorsement.”

Trump turned to Pautsch, who told the former president: “I want to help you save this country.”
Trump asked Pautsch if anyone else was running for the seat. Democrat Christina Bohannan has also announced she’s making a second bid for the spot.

Trump took several pictures with Pautsch, and turned and asked the crowd: “Are you sure? He’s good?”
Asked by a reporter if he intended to endorse Pautsch, Trump said, “That would be a big endorsement. Let me tell you, David’s a very good man.”
Trump did not endorse Miller-Meeks in her 2022 reelection bid. Miller-Meeks was one of 35 House Republicans to vote in support of establishing a commission to investigate Jan. 6, 2021, attempts to stop Congress from certifying President Joe Biden’s 2020 election victory over Trump. That bipartisan legislation later failed.

Pautsch organizes an annual Quad-City Prayer Breakfast, which has recently featured Kari Lake and Mike Lindell. Both have questioned the results of the 2020 election. Pautsch believes marriage should be between a man and a woman, and criticizes Miller-Meeks on her support for the Respect for Marriage Act, which requires the federal government to recognize marriages regardless of the sex or race of the couple. The bill included a provision to clarify that religious organizations are not required to perform same-sex marriages.

At Front Street, Trump autographed, shook hands, and took pictures with the people there.
Davenport artist Tom Cavallo brought a larger-than-life painting of Trump in founding father-esque curls. Cavallo said he released the work on Jan. 6, 2021.

Davenport artist Tony Cavallo brought his larger-than-life painting of former President Donald Trump styled as a founding father to Front Street Pub and Eatery on Tuesday, Dec. 5, 2023. Trump stopped at the downtown Davenport pub following a town hall with Fox News pundit Sean Hannity.
SARAH WATSON, QUAD-CITY TIMES
Maria Baldwin, whose husband Tim owns Front Street, said it was surreal to have Trump come to their pub.

“I’m having a bit of an out of body experience. Meeting the president of the United States is very thrilling,” Baldwin said.
It was short notice. Baldwin said secret service reached out to them Monday to let them know the president may stop by.
Baldwin is an Illinois resident, but said the president will “definitely have our support.”
“I think he represents the working class, middle class, he has all of us Americans in mind,” she said.
The stop is an example of retail politicking that Trump did not frequently do in the lead-up to the 2016 caucuses.

• Angry
Reactions: Tom Paris
MMM is trying to talk a fine line. It will likely not be possible, but she is trying.

Trying to be as moderate as possible when your biggest county by far is solid blue is a good strategy, but will not appease Cheeto Mussolini and his band of followers.

Reactions: cigaretteman
MMM is trying to talk a fine line. It will likely not be possible, but she is trying.

Trying to be as moderate as possible when your biggest county by far is solid blue is a good strategy, but will not appease Cheeto Mussolini and his band of followers.
She's a feckless dipshit.

Baldwin is an Illinois resident, but said the president will “definitely have our support.”
“I think he represents the working class, middle class, he has all of us Americans in mind,”

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

“I think he represents the working class, middle class, he has all of us Americans in mind,”

We laugh. We laughed in 2015 and ever since about this, but, people believe it. They are angry and feel like the world is passing them by, so they believe the the East Coast elitist has their back.
Also take note that the Maria Baldwin called Trump, "The President". He isn't, but tell the crazies that he isn't.

It is mind bottling how naive, ill informed, and downright stupid Trump supporters (the majority of Republicans) are.

-- “I’m having a bit of an out of body experience. Meeting the president of the United States is very thrilling,” Baldwin said. It was short notice. Baldwin said secret service reached out to them Monday to let them know the president may stop by. --

Can you imagine taking time out of your life to drive to the Dirty D to see the Dirty T?

wedding-crashers-will-ferrell.gif

Boggles the mind that people can be that clueless doesn't it?

Also take note that the Maria Baldwin called Trump, "The President". He isn't, but tell the crazies that he isn't.
He is rightly called “President Trump”, as is, for example, “President Clinton”.

Are you saying, though, “the President” is not in keeping with this same tradition? I truly don’t know.

We laugh. We laughed in 2015 and ever since about this, but, people believe it. They are angry and feel like the world is passing them by, so they believe the the East Coast elitist has their back.
I can - barely - understand them being duped in 2015. After four years of him proving to everyone he was actually worse than was thought and especially after 1/6 and the aftermath...those who STILL claim that this pile of excrement represents the working class, middle class [and] he has all of us Americans in mind should be collected and shipped to Siberia.

He is rightly called “President Trump”, as is, for example, “President Clinton”.

Are you saying, though, “the President” is not in keeping with this same tradition? I truly don’t know.
There can only be one. It’s the cult members who most identify with this. It’s part of the delusion that Trump is the rightful, God ordained President. If I met Bill Clinton I’d say, “Nice to meet you, Bill”.

Reactions: torbee
Who was that kkk grand cyclops who joe biden said he looked up to and respected? You know, the senator? He held hands with him for a photo opp. Sorry, hard to keep up with all the dems who were in the kkk

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT